What's new

Scorpion Beta General Discussion

SINGH E

Noob
I've been maining scorpion and using his death spin + spear buff moves, and wow death spin is a terrible move, it serves almost no purpose aside from anti air, and maybe chipping out with the spear buff with it.

Yeah, that is all I've used it for too. Anti-air and chip damage when amplified to kill the opponent. I have also found it as a good keep away move as well. I don't think it should be worth 2 slots though as someone mentioned it was. I used it to apply pressure at the end of a round if the opponent's health is low.

I did like the string they added to the Chain reaction variation too. I found it to be a good mix up and also as a good footsie tool only at mid-range though. I managed to beat a really good Kabal several times with it online. However, it can't be overused as it becomes too predictable like anything else.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I’m sure they will have a variation with Misery Blade in it. Otherwise I probably won’t use Scorpion unfortunately. It’s extremely disappointing that we won’t be able to use Kustom Variations, as I doubt Demon Dash and Misery Blade will be put together. Which, imo, is the optimal loadout for Scorpion, or at least, my favorite. That said, as we saw with Jade, Scorpion could have some adjustments in the full/main game!

SINGH E

Noob
This is true until you play vs MKDA, MKvsDC, or MKX Scorp. :cool:
You beat me to it, I was about to say MKDA Scorp too, he was a monster in that game, Pi Gua and free hellfire unblockable on knockdown every time. He was straight up gangsta in that game.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Watched it a few times, it looks like there is still chip but its heavily reduced. If you look closely you can see there is chip but it's so small it's negligible.
Yeah Dizzy told me if you flawless block the first hit the chip reduction applies to the rest of the hits as well.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
I’m sure they will have a variation with Misery Blade in it. Otherwise I probably won’t use Scorpion unfortunately. It’s extremely disappointing that we won’t be able to use Kustom Variations, as I doubt Demon Dash and Misery Blade will be put together. Which, imo, is the optimal loadout for Scorpion, or at least, my favorite. That said, as we saw with Jade, Scorpion could have some adjustments in the full/main game!
3 slot for misery blade then, like Geras'es rewind. No misery blade + anything else, because it's too OP.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
How you guys feeling overall with scorpion? By that I mean compared to some of the newer characters revealed? I'm starting to think he's getting a bit outclassed if he remains as he was in the beta. Dudes even have starters that do 300 damage or so......starters. I barely scraped 283 in damage when it comes to combos themselves. Beyond that I'm looking at the tools of say Kung Lao for instance and am like..............yeah. lol

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
How you guys feeling overall with scorpion? By that I mean compared to some of the newer characters revealed? I'm starting to think he's getting a bit outclassed if he remains as he was in the beta. Dudes even have starters that do 300 damage or so......starters. I barely scraped 283 in damage when it comes to combos themselves. Beyond that I'm looking at the tools of say Kung Lao for instance and am like..............yeah. lol
I like how he looks and the customizations in the beta but his moveset and frame data leave a lot to be desired. He does not do enough damage and his is so unsafe that he requires Misery Blade. I do not see the point of move customizations when it was figured out within a day that Misery Blade/Demon Dash is the way to go. He needs a low special as well. Bring his leg takedown back.

I'm so excited for mk11. Not even because it's a new entry but to see how fucked scorpion is. My main and favorite mk character, the poster boy, and he could be complete garbage

Idk if you guys peeped the spoilers, BUTTTTTT

Death Spin has been changed to a one slot move now! That will make Spear Buff useful.

However, his 2 default variations are the same as “Boon’s Main” & “Chain Reaction”. [spoiler/]

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I'd expect the variations to greatly change in the Day 1 patch. Some of them for the other characters are absolute garbage and make no sense whatsoever. But if we're talking Scorpion the one thing I did like seeing was
the lack of Misery Blade in the ability list, which heavily implies the move is now baseline

If this is the case then its not only a huge buff to the character but definitely a needed one.

If misery blade is truly a base move then that's a good start. Still needs more buffs to specials, normals, and damage

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Well, if everyone by default is largely unsafe then its fair... The combo damage scaling amount on Ex Spear needs to be greatly lessened, then it will be fine. The scaling on Ex Spear really is way too much.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Death Spin being only one slot now is a great thing to hear. Burning Spear buff should be way more useful now when equipped on the DS + Kombo extenders loadout.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I'd hope that one of the final loadouts will have Demon Dash as the concerns around Scorpion not having a 'real' ender are pretty legit. I feel that both Misery Blade and Demon Dash really should be baseline abilities :(

Execute

Noob
It's been confirmed that there is no variation with misery blade, or demon dash for scorpion.

He has his two variations from the beta.

Teleport cancel with air throw

Chain spin with special strings and burning spear.

Chain spin is now one slot.

Execute

Noob
Now, I'm not sure I care all that much about demon dash. I haven't seen many special use cases for it.

If you need an ender, regular spear does close to the same amount at the end of a combo, you're looking at ~1% damage less in a bnb.

If you needed a side switch, then of course end with TP.

Lack of Misery Blade of course completely ruins scorpion unless it's been changed to a non gear move.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
If you auto pilot a combo and accidentally teleport when they're still blocking, you can cancel it to be safe. That's...about it.
That's actually pretty huge... A blocked teleport usually is equal to 'hey, hit me for free, please kill me!'. Cancelling it can be literal life or death... or winning Evo or not winning Evo :p

Execute

Noob
That's actually pretty huge... A blocked teleport usually is equal to 'hey, hit me for free, please kill me!'. Cancelling it can be literal life or death... or winning Evo or not winning Evo :p
Problem is that it uses both defensive bars, and two gear slots.

With the teleport cancel, your mixup is non existent.

At least with chain reaction you get a little bit more mix, but that's also not very good either, unless they've suddenly made chain spin safe.