What's new

Scorpion Beta General Discussion

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Well then! I need not explore S
Not bad at all. Can you get another Teleport Amp to hit for more dmg? I thought the spear whiffed but apparently I was the problem.
Not sure haven't looked into Scorpion any more since those combos tbh you'd need to test it yourself I'm afraid!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Chain spin on block does 52.5 (5.25%) chip.
Chain spin MB: 80 (8%)
With kunai buff: 61.13 (6.11%)
MB with kunai buff: 87.95 (8.79%)

Oh, and where do I report bugs? Currently, whenever a krushing blow occurs (either mine or the opponent's) the burning kunai buff deactivates.

portent

Noob
Is anyone having success with chain reaction? If I'm forced to use Misery stance, I'll just play MKX, same game.

I keep reading that CR is awful and he can't compete at all, but misery is too MKX for me. I already own MKX.

Is anyone having success with chain reaction? If I'm forced to use Misery stance, I'll just play MKX, same game.

I keep reading that CR is awful and he can't compete at all, but misery is too MKX for me. I already own MKX.
If you play it defensively it’s alright. If Death Spin was safe when spaced correctly, it would be much better.

F32 is good for his mixup game though.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I feel like an interesting change to Death Spin would be to give it the ability to 2-in-1 cancel on hit. Anti-airing with it that way could be extremely deadly.

Is anyone having success with chain reaction?
I keep reading that CR is awful and he can't compete at all, but misery is too MKX for me.
I was doing pretty well with it during the Stress Test but I've been getting dumped on now that people know to full combo punish F32 and Death Spin.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
I'm getting a lot of the same feelings on Scorp as others in this thread. Obviously this isn't the final build and so on, but something should change.

Chain spin on block, with proper spacing, being safe would be great. And there should be one more move in his base kit, not only from a well-rounded competitive character perspective but purely for the sake of fun. Flame breath? Air throw? Something.

Still fun to play as is, though! (IMHO)

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Yeah the next time we play Scorpion will be his final build and who knows whether he'll be the same, get buffed (we can dream right?), or just nerfed into trash tier oblivion. The anticipation will be real this month, lol.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Yeah the next time we play Scorpion will be his final build and who knows whether he'll be the same, get buffed (we can dream right?), or just nerfed into trash tier oblivion. The anticipation will be real this month, lol.
I honestly can't imagine how or why they would nerf him. That's absurd.:D

Leaving him as is? That I can see. I think that would be a shame somewhat, but not unrealistic.

Nerf Scorpion, you got jokes...:D:p

I'm getting a lot of the same feelings on Scorp as others in this thread. Obviously this isn't the final build and so on, but something should change.

Chain spin on block, with proper spacing, being safe would be great. And there should be one more move in his base kit, not only from a well-rounded competitive character perspective but purely for the sake of fun. Flame breath? Air throw? Something.

Still fun to play as is, though! (IMHO)
Demon Dash as a base special would be marvelous!

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think with misery blade, scorpion is really strong. He seems very good at baiting whiffs with the cancels.

I dont think atm theres a reason to use anything else.

I'd like to see the damage scaling go down on his spear. That's Scorpion's core move and it's been rendered useless as compared to other options. It would be nice to have it as a decent thing to include in combos.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I honestly can't imagine how or why they would nerf him. That's absurd.:D

Leaving him as is? That I can see. I think that would be a shame somewhat, but not unrealistic.

Nerf Scorpion, you got jokes...:D:p
Oh I'll be mad if he gets absurdly, unjustifiably nerfed but you already have the anti-Scorpion crybabies on every message board all like "I don't know how what button to press to block so the teleport is too OP! Scorpion isn't absolute garbage enough! NEEEEERF!"

I enjoyed Scorpion so far in the Beta but I fear for his future. Buffs are too much to hope for I think. I think him staying as is is actually the most I'm willing to hope for given how majority of people seem to hate/just bored with him and want him to suck so it's either a free win, they think casuals will stop picking him, or NRS will just completely remove him from the game and banish him to the Phantom Zone with Rain. The deliberate downgrading and phasing out of his classic Spear move is a good evidence of this to me. Kabal's spin didn't get nerfed because Pros like Kabal he's always been god tier. Meanwhile most of the better players (who NRS seem to be listening to more because Tournaments are great business) all consider Scorpion an "easy character for scrubby casuals but not for real players" so I try to keep my expectations for him low. I'm used to him being low to mid tier and doing well with him anyway. It does not deserve nerfs but buffs would be too good to be true, lol.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Casuals will never stop picking Scorpion, he is just to damn cool to stay away from. Scorpion is an icon and his place on the box tells people who are unsure who to pick. Scorpion was rubbish in MK9 and was still played way more than any character. In MKX he got nerfed heavily but was still played the most by miles. In my experience people just play with who they like the most and that is Scorpion more than any other character.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't get why NRS made his Teleport Cancel use 2 Defense bars. It should definitely cost 1 defense bar.
100% agree. Even then it still wouldn’t be great. I feel in this game, it would only be good if it didn’t cost any meter. Because EVEN IF it was free, it STILL would be just okay. It might be better in certain matchups though. I remember hearing it was free back in MKX, and WonderChef complained about it while testing and it was changed. Such a terrible decision as it would have actually been very useful in MKX.

Anyway, if they want people to actually use it, I don’t see that happening unless it AT LEAST only costs 1 d meter.

100% agree. Even then it still wouldn’t be great. I feel in this game, it would only be good if it didn’t cost any meter. Because EVEN IF it was free, it STILL would be just okay. It might be better in certain matchups though. I remember hearing it was free back in MKX, and WonderChef complained about it while testing and it was changed. Such a terrible decision as it would have actually been very useful in MKX.

Anyway, if they want people to actually use it, I don’t see that happening unless it AT LEAST only costs 1 d meter.
Kabal's Dash cancel is 1 defense, so NRS make it happen lol!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I never even tried out the 2 SLOT plus requiring full defense bar "enhancement" they so generously gifted his teleport, lol. That's two slots I can use for better moves (or move if Misery Blade) and two bars of meter I can use for much better tools. I feel like the teleport stop would only help marginally in this game compared to the other neutral tools he has now that he didn't in MKX.