What's new

Scorpion Beta General Discussion

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Ok I've gotten my hands on the Switch version... I can at least confirm that Misery Blade is NOT baseline and that there is no default variation with it. If you want to use it, you have to create a variation with it...

EDIT: I can also confirm the Switch version is pretty shit c.c

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Ok I've gotten my hands on the Switch version... I can at least confirm that Misery Blade is NOT baseline and that there is no default variation with it. If you want to use it, you have to create a variation with it...

What do you mean the switch version is pretty shit?

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
What do you mean the switch version is pretty shit?
As in its a pretty significant downgrade from every other version. But I will admit that its impressive they got the game to run on that hardware at a stable 60fps for battles.

Can confirm you dont get misery blade in tournament variations. :/
If by Tournament variations you mean Ability Presets, then yes he does get one Preset with MB. Its called 'Torment' and he has Misery Blade paired with Sin Blade.

Misery Blade is also his ONLY 2 slot ability. Everything else was made 1 slot.

Since I have no access to his Beta frame data, I can't tell you what was buffed or nerf'd... But I can answer questions about Frame Data if you ask specific ones.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
As in its a pretty significant downgrade from every other version. But I will admit that its impressive they got the game to run on that hardware at a stable 60fps for battles.
Hmm interesting. Hopefully it’s good enough to practice and everything

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Hmm interesting. Hopefully it’s good enough to practice and everything
It is. Gameplay is at least a smooth 60fps... they sacrificed everything graphical fidelity wise just to get it to run at that FPS so its on par with the other versions.

Also another thing I'll say... I have no idea how in the hell Tournaments are going to do this rule wise but while there are 5 Ability Presets, there are only 2 Default Variations created. If tournaments are going to allow usage of all 5 presets, they will have to create the other 3 variations FOR EVERY CHARACTER manually... unless there is something I'm missing somewhere as I clearly cannot find an obvious 'Tournament Mode' toggle switch like in Injustice 2, where it was blatantly obvious.

I'm still looking but if anyone else can work out where this silly toggle is let me know... One would like to think it should be absolutely blatantly in your face somewhere... There is actually a Tournament MODE itself which is separate from Local and Online modes, but in that mode you only have ONE DEFAULT VARIATION... If that is it, then I have nothing to say...

Execute

Noob
It is. Gameplay is at least a smooth 60fps... they sacrificed everything graphical fidelity wise just to get it to run at that FPS so its on par with the other versions.

Also another thing I'll say... I have no idea how in the hell Tournaments are going to do this rule wise but while there are 5 Ability Presets, there are only 2 Default Variations created. If tournaments are going to allow usage of all 5 presets, they will have to create the other 3 variations FOR EVERY CHARACTER manually... unless there is something I'm missing somewhere as I clearly cannot find an obvious 'Tournament Mode' toggle switch like in Injustice 2, where it was blatantly obvious.

I'm still looking but if anyone else can work out where this silly toggle is let me know... One would like to think it should be absolutely blatantly in your face somewhere... There is actually a Tournament MODE itself which is separate from Local and Online modes, but in that mode you only have ONE DEFAULT VARIATION... If that is it, then I have nothing to say...

Could you do a quick video or set of screenshots so we can see if his frame data has changed? I'd do it myself like the stress test, but I don't have the game yet.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky

what is framedata of b143, b141, b2?