What's new

Scorpion Arcade Ending [Spoilers] - Possible setup for next game?

Chints

Noob
In the main story line Hanzo and Sub Zero are working together to take the steps and put into motion the plan to get to Kronika's keep. Eventually Hanzo has a run in with his younger, angrier, edgier, hell guy self. Hanzo convinces young Scorpion that he must bury his hatred for the Lin Kuei and work towards rebuilding the Shirai Ryu instead. After which he gets popped by D'Vorah and succumbs to poison. Young Scorpion then helps the Earthrealmers to defeat Kronika.

In the Arcade Ending, young Scorpion realizes he cannot keep his promise to Hanzo about forgetting his family. Knowing he has the power of time at his hands he crafts timelines where they don't die. But he fails everytime. Every single timeline sees his wife and child die. Upon investigating further he finds out that there are multiple other Titans apart from Kronika. All stronger than the elder Gods and all more treacherous than the next. And he's being used as a pawn for their games. He doesn't know why, but he's going to find out.

TL;DR Scorpion finds out he's a pawn for literally every God out there and asks "wassup wid dat?"

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
LOL at the story. They killed Hanzo off in the only game is he featured in from the start. I just hope they do not ever go back to the tired, worn out vengeance for my family and clan story line again. We have had that for 20+ years. Would be so dissapointing. I want to see continued character development for Scorpion not the same trite over and over again.

bruh, I'd rather have every future MK game have a tournament-based story from MK9, it may even be the same damn plot every time

rather than all this insanity with timelines, kronika killing elder gods and cetrion having no clue where the clash button is

HAMMER

Noob
In before Scorpion gets his own God of War game featuring some of the more popular characters from Mortal Kombat's realm. I like the viscious Scorpion "tainted by evil" myself.