What's new

Video/Tutorial Scorpion 50/50's Reset, Mini Setup Guide

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'm sorry if something in the video is incorrect, Hopefully you enjoy the guide otherwise, especially for those new to Scorpion.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can't you fuzzy block low high and avoid the 50/50 entirely?

Nice setups though, almost makes me wanna try scorpion... almost.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Can't you fuzzy block low high and avoid the 50/50 entirely?

Nice setups though, almost makes me wanna try scorpion... almost.
Sorry I don't understand what you're asking. :(

But thanks alot, Meh perhaps you should, I don't see anyone play him correctly, except this one person who was at EVO yet I forget his name, he played okay with Scorpion.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
i didn't use him much pre patch and i dropped Scorpion after the patch :(. But i thought Scorpion could continue his combo after his trait? cuz pre patch Scorpion can. I'm not at home so can you test it? i know you use his trait for the reset but if you can continue his combo after the trait, you should use 111 x teleport for 50/50 reset.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sorry I don't understand what you're asking. :(

But thanks alot, Meh perhaps you should, I don't see anyone play him correctly, except this one person who was at EVO yet I forget his name, he played okay with Scorpion.
Fuzzy block means block low for the first few frames then block high for the next few. Since the low comes out much faster than the overhead, you have a large frame window to change the way you are blocking so as to avoid both options. An example of this is demonstrated by Tom Brady in this video here showing how to fuzzy block Superman's 22~df1/3 mixup.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Fuzzy block means block low for the first few frames then block high for the next few. Since the low comes out much faster than the overhead, you have a large frame window to change the way you are blocking so as to avoid both options. An example of this is demonstrated by Tom Brady in this video here showing how to fuzzy block Superman's 22~df1/3 mixup.
I suppose you could but you would have to have very quick reaction, or just know that is what the player is about to do, but in any case you can also do a standing jump 3 which mixes his choices up even further.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
i didn't use him much pre patch and i dropped Scorpion after the patch :(. But i thought Scorpion could continue his combo after his trait? cuz pre patch Scorpion can. I'm not at home so can you test it? i know you use his trait for the reset but if you can continue his combo after the trait, you should use 111 x teleport for 50/50 reset.
He can continue it but not for much longer, and the damage is not worth it I would rather go for the reset than continue the combo because of his poor damage scaling.

111 x tele is another option too yes, But these are just further workings into scorpions many setups and mind games.
I think this character is pretty deep but people gave up on him because of all his nerfs.

Minh Giang

He can continue it but not for much longer, and the damage is not worth it I would rather go for the reset than continue the combo because of his poor damage scaling.

111 x tele is another option too yes, But these are just further workings into scorpions many setups and mind games.
I think this character is pretty deep but people gave up on him because of all his nerfs.
so why don't you do trait -> 111 x tele -> 50/50, it's as same as his mk9 setup, bigger damage and still go to 50/50 setup, why not?
and yeah, i agree with you opinion about Scorpion, he's deep, but too bad his damage is now so shit, he's as risky as in mk9 and his mb tele is now -8 on block. i can't believe they nerf his mb tele and his j3 , srsly NRS? people cried cuz they can block his fast tele, he left the screen too fast. the way NRS nerfed him is so stupid. also he always needs at least 1 bar :(.

Use 111 tele to make b1 safe with trait and istant j1 is a better overhead

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
so why don't you do trait -> 111 x tele -> 50/50, it's as same as his mk9 setup, bigger damage and still go to 50/50 setup, why not?
and yeah, i agree with you opinion about Scorpion, he's deep, but too bad his damage is now so shit, he's as risky as in mk9 and his mb tele is now -8 on block. i can't believe they nerf his mb tele and his j3 , srsly NRS? people cried cuz they can block his fast tele, he left the screen too fast. the way NRS nerfed him is so stupid. also he always needs at least 1 bar :(.
You're right it probably is way more viable, but like I said it's just different setups and ways to mix things up ^_^
I wish they didn't nerf him so hard, His tele I can understand somewhat, but his damage I will not accept :(

Minh Giang

You're right it probably is way more viable, but like I said it's just different setups and ways to mix things up ^_^
I wish they didn't nerf him so hard, His tele I can understand somewhat, but his damage I will not accept :(
The only thing NRS should do now is giving us pre patch Scorpion (with hotfixed trait of course), his teleport shouldn't leave the screen too fast so people won't cry about it again.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
as mentioned 112~telepunch enders much better than using plain trait to reset into 50/50.
wouldnt advise players to try 50/50 after just trait, its +22 on hit, telepunch +25 so using trait for 50/50s your b2 isnt even guranteeded and could even be backdashed for punish depending on character.
also that u mentioned j3 as option, instant j3 whiifs since patch so that no longer a option.

scorpion two lows, b1 is 16 and df1 6 frames,
his b1 overhead is 25,
apart from instant overhead j1 which im unsure on how many frames it takes to connect its generally a idea to block low first against scorpion and then go to high to fuzzy block both ground normal options, instant j1~tele is super yolo