What's new

Schadenfreude

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I almost deleted this post because it really smelled like a spam post, but it actually seems legit. The game in question was designed by David Sirlin. For those who aren't familiar, Sirlin is a game designer and author of Playing to Win, probably the best resource on learning to play competitive fighting games.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I almost deleted this post because it really smelled like a spam post, but it actually seems legit. The game in question was designed by David Sirlin. For those who aren't familiar, Sirlin is a game designer and author of Playing to Win, probably the best resource on learning to play competitive fighting games.
I mean, it still can be a bot though.

Here’s the test. Hey, @anonymouselbow. What is your favorite non color light shop fighting non game?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Beep beep boop. Cannot compute. *Honestly, no idea what the question is...I started a Kongai discord in June 2022 trying to attract players.
That was the point. If you tried to reply with an actual answer, it’d be super suspicious to me. Because it wasn’t really a question, it was just more or less nonsensical words strung together in the form of a question. So, you pass MY test at least.

Anyway, I’m a big fan of David Sirlin. Reading his online book “Playing To Win” back when I was first getting into competitive fighting games when I was a teenager, completely changed my entire outlook on competitive gaming as a whole. It also helped change my attitude & mentality drastically as far as going from being a scrub with a scrubby mindset, to actually starting to become a better and better player thanks to the shift in my mentality. I could write a super long post about how his book helped me, but not many people are actually interested and plus, this isn’t what this thread is about. I’ll have to check this out sometime!

That was the point. If you tried to reply with an actual answer, it’d be super suspicious to me. Because it wasn’t really a question, it was just more or less nonsensical words strung together in the form of a question. So, you pass MY test at least.

Anyway, I’m a big fan of David Sirlin. Reading his online book “Playing To Win” back when I was first getting into competitive fighting games when I was a teenager, completely changed my entire outlook on competitive gaming as a whole. It also helped change my attitude & mentality drastically as far as going from being a scrub with a scrubby mindset, to actually starting to become a better and better player thanks to the shift in my mentality. I could write a super long post about how his book helped me, but not many people are actually interested and plus, this isn’t what this thread is about. I’ll have to check this out sometime!
I joined Sirlin's Discord not long ago also, and somehow even got a #Kongai channel added to his server.

Last edited: