What's new

Scarecrow Tech - Anti-Wakeup Options with DB1

Oonaugh_

ThAt SoUnDs TeRrIfYiNg
A short but comprehensive guide explaining and demonstrating various anti-wakeup options with Scarecrow using DB1.​

A compiled list of wakeup attacks that Scarecrow can and cannot stuff

Standard inputs for the setup: 2,2,2,2,2,22xxDB1 / 2,2,2,2,2,1,D1xxDB1 / 2,2,2,2,2,D1,D1xxDB1

Side note: Certain wakeups require specific inputs to get the right spacing to hit. These will be listed below the character's name. Changes to the chart will be made for any inconsistencies.

Aquaman
DF1 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit
DB1 = X

Atom
DB1 = X

Atrocitus
BF3 = X

Bane
DB2 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the third hit

Side note: All armoured wakeup attacks will be able to absorb the DB1 and hit for a punish.

Batman
BF3 = X
DB2 = ✔ No backdash / Meterburn after the third hit

Black Adam

DB3 = ✔ Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

Black Canary

BF2 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

Black Manta

BF2 = X

Blue Beetle
BF3 = X

Brainiac
BF3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB1: F3,3,2,1,2,D1xxDB1 / Hit-confirming with DB2: 22,11,1,1,D1xxDB1

Captain Cold
BF2 = ✔ Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,D1,D1xxDB1

Catwoman
DF3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,1,123xxDB1 (the first hit of the DB1 must connect)

Cheetah
DB2 = ✔ (this setup requires the opponent to roll for the DB1 to hit) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

Side note: Diagonal wakeup attacks are really the true weakness of the entire setup. As most of these wakeups would put your opponent in such a position where they land underneath the DB1 hitbox, and be able to recover in time.

Cyborg
DB3 = X
DBF3 = ✔ No backdash / Meterburn after the second hit

Darkseid

BF3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit / Input - Hit-confirming after DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,22xxDB1

Deadshot
BF3 = X

Doctor Fate
DB2 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

Enchantress

BF2 = X

Side note: I'm not exactly certain about this one. I've had most scenarios where both the DB1 and her wakeup would trade. I must run additional tests to make sure whether it beats the setup or not.

Firestorm
BF3 = X
DB3 = X

Flash
BF1 = ✔ Backdash once / Meterburn after the third hit
BF2 = ✔ Backdash once / Meterburn after the third hit

Gorilla Grodd

BF3 = X

Green Arrow
BF3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit
DF1 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit

Green Lantern

BF3 = ✔ Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB1: F3,B22,2,2,2,D1xxDB1 / Hit-confirming with DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,22xxDB1

Harley Quinn
DB3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit

Hellboy

BF2 = X

Joker
DB3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

Poison Ivy

DF2 = ✔ Backdash once / Meterburn after the third hit

Raiden

BF3 = X

Red Hood
DF3 = ✔ No backdash / Meterburn after the third hit
DB3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) No backdash / Meterburn after the second hit

Robin

BF3 = X
DB2 = ✔ No backdash / Meterburn after the third hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,D1,D1xxDB1

Scarecrow
DB3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,D1,D1xxDB1

Starfire
DB3 = ✔ No backdash / Meterburn after the third hit
BF2 = ✔ No backdash / Meterburn after the third hit
DB2 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

Sub-Zero

BF3 = X

Supergirl
DB1 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the third hit

Side note: I can't guarantee that this one will work, as Supergirl can teleport away after her wakeup if you're not fast enough with the inputs. Need to look in on this.

Superman
DF2 = ✔ (this setup requires the opponent to roll for the DB1 to hit) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit
BF3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls out) Backdash once / Meterburn after the second hit

Swamp Thing

DB2 = ✔ Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit

TMNT

BF3 = X

Wonder Woman
DB3 = ✔ (wakeup will hit if the opponent rolls) Backdash twice / Meterburn after the third hit
BF3 = ✔ Backdash once / Meterburn after the third hit / Input - Hit-confirming with DB2: 2,2,2,2,2,1,123xxDB1 (the first hit of the DB1 must connect)

Let me know what you think!​

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
A short but comprehensive guide explaining and demonstrating various anti-wakeup options with Scarecrow using DB1.

Let me know what you think!
This is what people need to be looking at, fun innovative concepts that add such a deeper layer to the oki game. The back up to full combo punish close wake ups is lit.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Good find dude. Just one question: Which characters can roll out that setup and which ones can fully beat it with their wakeup moves?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i mean theres a reason people don't usually just cancel into chain on block right? even if u mb it can be blown up, tho is armor the only way to do that?