What's new

Scarecrow 100% Traumatize Meter Glitch -

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Copypaste
This sort of criticism is nothing new to the developers. They're not sensitive snowflakes and I should be allowed to rant and voice my opinions if I paid over 60 bucks for their product. I can convey my frustration however I see fit.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Seems to me like he gets trait meter from fear-ferno interacting with the active frames of a move/projectile/trap-like move. However, unlike normal projectiles which get absorbed and the active frames finish after they're absorbed these moves aren't being destroyed when coming into contact with fear-ferno, so for each active frame of fear-ferno there's also an active frame on the other move giving you trait meter. Interesting result actually
Wait so are you saying that this is actually not a glitch?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wait so are you saying that this is actually not a glitch?
I wouldn't call it a glitch, it is working according to how it was coded. It just may not be working as the designers intended for it to work and might get changed in the next patch if that's the case.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I wouldn't call it a glitch, it is working according to how it was coded. It just may not be working as the designers intended for it to work and might get changed in the next patch if that's the case.
Problem is that before it happens the bar was filling slowly. When it happened the bar filled this instant. This clearly is a glitch. :/

Roy Arkon

I can see what's happening to trait, but it's not a glitch. A glitch would be some sort of game-breaking mechanic which this isn't.
Well if that's the case that just means that Scarecrow is gonna be a tough MU for Sub-Zero and the rest of these characters. Now I know one character I will have to watch out for. I'm willing to find a counter-pick character if I really have to.

Youphemism

Well if that's the case that just means that Scarecrow is gonna be a tough MU for Sub-Zero and the rest of these characters. Now I know one character I will have to watch out for. I'm willing to find a counter-pick character if I really have to.
Not necessarily, although Scarecrow is already a hard matchup for Sub Zero. This requires you to be right beside said move and the opponent has to not be doing anything to interrupt it AND you have to already have trait on. Just seems kinda situational

Themata94

They're comin' outta the Goddamn walls!
Youph isn't saying that this was intentional, he's saying it's an unforeseen consequence of a deliberate design choice. That doesn't make it a glitch, it's working as was intended for the general case; it's simply an oversight concerning "lingering" projectiles with more active frames. It could be hot-fixed if it's brought to their attention, but it wasn't erroneous coding. I think it adds a new meta to Scarecrow's trait that could make for some very interesting mindgames in certain matchups, but take a main's wishful thinking with a pinch of salt haha

Themata94

They're comin' outta the Goddamn walls!
Should clarify that I'm not saying that as absolute fact, it does just seem to me to be the most reasonable explanation of what's going on

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
For pete's sake, everybody and their grandma knows what people mean when they call something like this a glitch. It's clearly not intentional, that's the point. Arguing semantics is the biggest waste of time.

And the crying of the Cold players in this thread is cringeworthy.

omooba

fear the moobs
for me the funniest part is this might be working as intended

don't all glitches work according to how they were coded?

Roy Arkon

Not necessarily, although Scarecrow is already a hard matchup for Sub Zero. This requires you to be right beside said move and the opponent has to not be doing anything to interrupt it AND you have to already have trait on. Just seems kinda situational
I see, thanks for the explanation bro :)

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
it's hard to imagine that this was intended, of course, but i remember saying the same thing about pushblock against atrocitus w/ trait out depleting like half his trait meter. it seemed very weird to me that they would intend for that to work. turns out that not only was that intentional, but they made it even more effective in the patch. thats different obviously since you're sacrificing a bar etc., but who knows.

Youphemism

for me the funniest part is this might be working as intended

don't all glitches work according to how they were coded?
Nope, a glitch is the exact opposite of that lol. Glitches are usually game-breaking in some way as well

Error

DF2+R2
Should be a ban-able offense to compare the great Ermac to this garbage character lul.
Also, #nerfScarecrow.

omooba

fear the moobs
don't all glitches work according to how they were coded
Nope, a glitch is the exact opposite of that lol. Glitches are usually game-breaking in some way as well
really? huh, i thought i glitch was cus they made a mistake in what they coded but it's still technically what's supposed to happen according to what was coded