What's new

Scarecrow 100% Traumatize Meter Glitch -

Not many things about Scarecrow to me really call for an entire Thread dedicated to it. Though this, being brought to my attention by @Chongo earlier seemed well worth it.

Likely to never come up in competitive setting, there seems to be a small bug in Scarecrow's DB2 Fear Meter gain when used against Captain Cold's Meter Burn Puddle. Said glitch will not incrementally increase his Fear meter, but rather fill it 100%.

Probably won't have much use in the competitive settings, but I suppose you could hop into rank and prey on the few CC's you'll find there. Long live Erma---I mean Scarecrow

Note: Also works against Cyborg

Sub Zero

Robin maybe? It's 3 projectiles in sequence so who knows

Black Adam to a lesser degree

Red Hood & Interactables

Last edited:

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
LMAO!! that's crazy will probably get fixed tho I wouldn't worry too much about it

P.S try it against Red Hoods mine

Last edited:

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The fact this is even in the game just shows me the did basically absolutely no real testing or QA/QC on Captain Cold.

Everything was just slapped together, from the way his specials and normals were designed, the way they interact with other characters, to even his design when they originally sold us Mr. Freeze and forgot to put on a fucking helmet.

The disrespect on this character is real and obvious. He's worse than Joker and Swamp Thing. If there was a real "Joker Tier" in this game, they definitely cold shouldered Captain Cold right into it.

Jesus Christ @colt please fix this crap, it's both embarrassing and depressing this is even in the game. This just adds more insult to injury for CC's weak game.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Well ain't this awesome.
However the subzero one should stay.
The clone isn't Sub's primary weapon as it is in MKX (and even then you could've work around it, trust me I know after fighting Sub-Zero in MKX so many times), he's not gonna get excluded just for you.

Also regarding Scarecrow, @BxA Ragnarök showed a vid showing that Scarecrow can easily go for the Clone thanks to his scythe that has no hurtbox. That was discovered before the patch, but apperantly it is still in the game, and it's not a bug, it's legit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for this bug itself, yes it should be fixed. None of these characters are necessarily weaker then Scarecrow by MU logic, but this bug shouldn't be there just for the fact that it is a bug, regardless if effects MU or not. Also it's not right to put Captain Cold or any character at a bottom of a tier list because of a bug, especially after all of the swaggy combos that Captain Cold can now do. But of course they should fix the bug.

The clone isn't Sub's primary weapon as it is in MKX (and even then you could've work around it, trust me I know after fighting Sub-Zero in MKX so many times), he's not gonna get excluded just for you.

Also regarding Scarecrow, @BxA Ragnarök showed a vid showing that Scarecrow can easily go for the Clone thanks to his scythe that has no hurtbox. That was discovered before the patch, but apperantly it is still in the game, and it's not a bug, it's legit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for this bug itself, yes it should be fixed. None of these characters are necessarily weaker then Scarecrow by MU logic, but this bug shouldn't be there just for the fact that it is a bug, regardless if effects MU or not. Also it's not right to put Captain Cold or any character at a bottom of a tier list because of a bug, especially after all of the swaggy combos that Captain Cold can now do. But of course they should fix the bug.
Thats curious considering Brainiacs tentacles have no hurtbox they can't break the clone.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Now I know the glitch. His power touches anything to refill its trait. If Paulo sees it, he will hot fix it.

For Captain Cold and Sub Zero, it touches the ice to refill itself. I don't think that it's like Ermac.

@colt

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
The fact this is even in the game just shows me the did basically absolutely no real testing or QA/QC on Captain Cold.

Everything was just slapped together, from the way his specials and normals were designed, the way they interact with other characters, to even his design when they originally sold us Mr. Freeze and forgot to put on a fucking helmet.

The disrespect on this character is real and obvious. He's worse than Joker and Swamp Thing. If there was a real "Joker Tier" in this game, they definitely cold shouldered Captain Cold right into it.

Jesus Christ @colt please fix this crap, it's both embarrassing and depressing this is even in the game. This just adds more insult to injury for CC's weak game.
The fact this is even in the [forum] just shows me the did basically absolutely no real [thought] or QA/QC on [posting].

Everything was just slapped together, from the way his [tone] and [points] were designed, the way [he] interact with [developers], to even his [banter about] when they originally sold us Mr. Freeze and forgot to put on a fucking helmet.

The disrespect on this [post] is real and obvious. [It's] worse than Joker and Swamp Thing. If there was a real "Joker Tier" in this [forum], [it] definitely [landed] right into it.

Jesus Christ [@KH_Seraph] please fix this crap, it's both embarrassing and despressing this is even in the [forum]. This just adds more insult to injury for [our community's interaction with the developers of a great] game.

Parasurama

Dragon
Not many things about Scarecrow to me really call for an entire Thread dedicated to it. Though this, being brought to my attention by @Chongo earlier seemed well worth it.

Likely to never come up in competitive setting, there seems to be a small bug in Scarecrow's DB2 Fear Meter gain when used against Captain Cold's Meter Burn Puddle. Said glitch will not incrementally increase his Fear meter, but rather fill it 100%.

Probably won't have much use in the competitive settings, but I suppose you could hop into rank and prey on the few CC's you'll find there. Long live Erma---I mean Scarecrow

Note: Also works against Cyborg

Sub Zero

Robin maybe? It's 3 projectiles in sequence so who knows

Black Adam to a lesser degree

Red Hood & Interactables

How do you keep getting characters with meter glitches? Lol

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Seems to me like he gets trait meter from fear-ferno interacting with the active frames of a move/projectile/trap-like move. However, unlike normal projectiles which get absorbed and the active frames finish after they're absorbed these moves aren't being destroyed when coming into contact with fear-ferno, so for each active frame of fear-ferno there's also an active frame on the other move giving you trait meter. Interesting result actually

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The best part about this glitch is that it gives some insight into how NRS coded parts of the game. But it also makes me wonder if this means they missed some testing. There's too many interactions where this happens so they either saw it and left it alone or missed it.