What's new

say to boon

btbb99

Noob
i just recently found out that there will be a new mk game dropping at the end of the year, mk9. and it got me think about what the game needs and doesn't need. so if you could talk to ed boon and tell him some things that he should do with this game, what would you tell him? for me, this might sound crazy to some people and not so crazy to other people but i would just like to have mortal kombat 2 redone. first thing is this shit needs to be 2d, enough with this 3d bullshit. keep all the 12 characters from mk2 and add another 8 and make it a even 20. some characters that could be added would be noob saibot, smoke, kabal, sheeva, jade and a few others. give all the characters slightly different looks, don't try to hard to blow people away with shit and just bring back the basics. balance the game out more, for instance, give reptile faster release and recovery time from his forceball to make him a stronger character. i'm not gonna go into all the ways they could do that, that was just an example. add some new cool moves, take away bullshit ones. and add some nice fatalities. thats' basically it for me so what would you guys like to do?

btbb99

Noob
your right, i didn't relize that until you just pointed that out. but for me their is just something about the gameplay that i love about mk2 and don't love with umk 3, i absolutley hate the run button and all them run combos you can do, they just annoy the heck out of me and are big reason's i don't play it. and with all that said i'm not saying i hate umk3, it's ok, i just think mk2 is much better. afterall most people come to this site to talk about mk2, not umk3.

I would smoke a big fat bowl with him and say "hey!!! quit making stupid fuckin 3d Mortal Kombats and get back to your roots !!! " and then id ask him to order a pizza :)

fusion117 said:
I would smoke a big fat bowl with him and say "hey!!! quit making stupid fuckin 3d Mortal Kombats and get back to your roots !!! " and then id ask him to order a pizza :)
Now we're talking, lol. I'm really hoping MK9 is going to be good. I need a new game to get hooked on lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
RollTide8569 said:
dude if 3d MK's were more like tekken they would be good, but its no where close to tekken.
But if you want Tekken, then play Tekken. MK was MK until MK went 3d. Gameplay, not just visuals have suffered big time since UMK3, period.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
The most balanced and critically acclaimed MK game has to be UMK3, even if you don't like the run button. I hope MK9 is based more off it than anything. MK2 = endless turtling and spamming specials

Dreamcatcher said:
The most balanced and critically acclaimed MK game has to be UMK3, even if you don't like the run button. I hope MK9 is based more off it than anything. MK2 = endless turtling and spamming specials
If UMK3 had a dash system like CvS2 did, it would be my favorite game ever. I'm not a big fan of the run button (actually, the arcade button setup for MK is atrocious IMO.)

Dreamcatcher said:
Good points but why do you like dashing better than running? Just wondering.
I would rather just tap the stick forward/ backward twice than hold another button. It's just personal preference. I'm not sure how the run meter would transfer over without a run button...