What's new

Sanwa Button Help!!!

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
How the Effin' EFF EFF do you get the sanwa buttons (plugs?) to click in after cleaning the buttons? Reconnected the quick-connects but the button "plugs" won't snap back in and become flush once again. Perhaps I removed the buttons wrong. Video searching only driving me nuts...

Well, I got drunk (not really) slipped on the concrete and fell into the pool...
my intention was to clean the art panel for the TE2= that I have. smh
I started to unscrew the panel and beveling, noticing I had stripped several of the screws using a non-oem allen wrench. Should've stopped there. I decided to clean the buttons as well and that's when a ton of malarky went down...
I ended up breaking a side tab that allows the button to click into the main body, tried superglue to get that back in, fail. Whatever, now this stick would be my cherry breaker modding stick. I dropped the screws, found them. Took apart a 360/PS3 modded Chun LI MCZ LE thinking of switching the button, decided against that for the super glue method.
After all this, I now have things where I JUST need to get the damn tabs to snap so the buttons won't pop out of the art panel when I close the stick.
I would appreciate help, whenever y'all are done laughing up a storm as it is quite funny, though truly sad.
If I wasn't broke, I'd get a Panthera and Mahvel, then set up the TE2+ for further modding...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@SPECTRELIGHT I know your pain man, had same issue with my madcatz TE had plexi on.

The tabs on sanwa buttons really delicate, even more so on the clear ones, when one goes can be OK but when both u just left with a button that spins in place or as u mentioned pops out of plexi.

Luckily I made use of my broken tab buttons as holes on hori hrap are ever so slightly smaller than madcatz so they sit tight with no tabs.

Pretty much your options are, buy a new button or buy screw in buttons rather than ones with tabs(know u said u broke)
As far as a diy fix goes, you could either use some poxy rezin/glue or something on the inside of the case to hold them in place or maybe just some glue beneath the rim of the lip of the button housing on the outer cast pretty much glueing the buttons to the plexi (2nd way might be easier for when next need to clean)