What's new

Tech Safeties Disabled, Krayzie Mode Engaged!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hey guys. So I don't usually post the stuff I find, not because I'm greedy or anything, but mainly because I'm too busy. I wanted to make my own guide with tactics I use, and better explain my "Meta-Game" with Cyrax, yet I haven't. I think I'll make this thread my home, and write bits and pieces when I get the chance to update it.

In the meanwhile, I'll leave you guys with a few tactics I discussed on a recent "Cyrax" podcast with Hitoshura Mustard-LK4D4 and J360

[The first is against Sektor. A match that people seem to believe goes in favor of Sektor due to his low crouching hitbox.] - This corner trap doesn't allow Sektor to wake up with any special, stand up and block, roll, or stay grounded. Now on the video, I forgot to add the option to stay grounded and roll out, but if you need an example of what happens, then I'll be glad to give it.

If they roll out, they are still in the corner(Obvious.) If they stay grounded, the bomb will hit, so the only true way out of this would be to delay the chosen wake up attack, which gives me the advantage of knowing when you will wake up, and his only best wake up in this situation is ExTele, considering how the rest are significantly punishable.

[The second is against Kung Lao. Another match that happens to trouble Cyrax.] - This is just an example I mentioned on the podcast about how regular Anti-Air beats Kung Lao's Ex-Tele, and how Anti-Air is the most underused Anti-CrossUp move in the game as well as other reasons. In the video I showed 2 examples of what happens when you use Anti-Air on reaction to his 3 after his Ex-Tele.

The first one shows what happens after the armor wore off. The Anti-Air is invincible once its caught something, so nothing happens to him and he catches Kung Lao airborn. The second example is what happens if Cyrax happens to Anti-Air while Kung Lao still has armor. Cyrax lands, but since he caught Kung Lao's hitbox, he is nullified to any hits, so he doesn't lose any life and lands safely for pressure.

The third video is just a way to use Anti-Air as an escape move.

[Cyrax Corner OTG.]
Okay, so for those of you unfamiliar with the Cyrax OTG, here is the first example. I felt like I had to record this one just in case some of you were not yet familiar with it.

I use this often in my game-play, and since my style of play is rushdown, I like to keep my opponent next to me to gain free meter and command grabs. Besides using 33 as an OTG on hit to confirm a net into a combo, you can use 33 ragdoll which leaves you neutral on block, or 33 Ex Ragdoll which hits low, and then throws the opponent right back in the corner. On block, it also leaves you neutral.

Now, with that said. I want to bring up the second video which shows something that I use as well. The second example shows the OTG working after the second hit of the string, "21." What happens here is that if you hit 21 as early as possible, 1 will OTG your opponent, and leave you open to either finish the string with "212," which becomes an overhead, into the same OTG upon hit, or leaves you neutral on block, if your opponent decides to block.

The OTG after 21 is great, since you can end it with the same type of pressure you usually mix-up into a command grab, ragdoll, or hit-confirm into a net. The options are endless. My personal favorite thing to do is gain as much meter as I can, and hit confirm into a net if my opponent happens to try and jab out at the wrong time. They cant jump out either, otherwise they will just get hit by a jab, into a net, right into a reset.

[Option Select.]
An option select is a button input that functions as multiple possible actions, giving you a variety of options that should work in your favor.

In the case of Cyrax, here is my favorite "Wake-Up OS." I will be testing for new option selects when I have free time, but in the meanwhile, here is one that I have been using for as long as I knew Tyrant... lol This one works on Jax.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I don't see how the first tactic is useful. Very rarely do sektors ever wakep with flamethrower and it seems almost impossible to teleport on reaction to Sektor TU. Also instead of using a njp why not another b2 or u4 as they give more splatter advantage than the njp.

I am liking the KL thing though. I've done it a few times but I figured it was just a fluke.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I don't see how the first tactic is useful. Very rarely do sektors ever wakep with flamethrower and it seems almost impossible to teleport on reaction to Sektor TU. Also instead of using a njp why not another b2 or u4 as they give more splatter advantage than the njp.

I am liking the KL thing though. I've done it a few times but I figured it was just a fluke.
I used NJP to show what happens on wake up. I really don't think you understand the concept of the video at all.

As far as the teleport, I don't think you understand whats going on in there either. What happens is that after any wake up in the game, if whatever said normal hits the invincible wake up, you are still able to cancel into a special, in this case "Teleport."

I happen to use these tactics against these characters, so I can guarantee you that they work 100% of the time. This thread is not a "Let me know if they work," but more of a, "Let me show you what works for me," type of thing. Enjoy if you understand, if not let me know if you have questions and I'll be glad to explain some more.

I have some Option Select tactics against Jax that uses a similar wake up system, as well as a better way to handle Kenshi, and why I believe now the match may very well be 5-5.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

true but if you go for 33 teleport assuming hes going to tele uppercut and he flamethrowers you still get it. I think thats really good

Do you did it diferently in the first try on sektor or am I missing something?

If you do the 3, db 3+1 with the opponent waking up on block, wont he be able to escape? And I think a 3, db 3+1, 4 to hit the first 3 in the reversal, the second 3 for when he wakes up blocking, the 4 will miss coz he will be crouching. What am I missing here?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
true but if you go for 33 teleport assuming hes going to tele uppercut and he flamethrowers you still get it. I think thats really good
In the video he only does 3-teleport, which leads me to believe that 33-teleport doesn't work. Also what if sektor just techrolls and blocks, then aren't you screwed?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
In the video he only does 3-teleport, which leads me to believe that 33-teleport doesn't work. Also what if sektor just techrolls and blocks, then aren't you screwed?
It works with just 3 teleport for both wakeups. If it worked against tech roll and block as well then everyone would call it over powered. It is still doesn't make it impractical

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Do you did it diferently in the first try on sektor or am I missing something?

If you do the 3, db 3+1 with the opponent waking up on block, wont he be able to escape? And I think a 3, db 3+1, 4 to hit the first 3 in the reversal, the second 3 for when he wakes up blocking, the 4 will miss coz he will be crouching. What am I missing here?

I have no idea what you're saying my dude.

I don't have the computer test my stuff, I have my training partner Red Reaper help me test everything.

That's correct. So if they stand block, or tech roll, you hit them with 33. If you notice there is no stand animation, then you hit 3 teleport. Chances are they are either going to wake up, or stay grounded. None of which matter since the bomb will just explode anyway, and if they do in fact wake up, you can punish them for it.

Have any of you messed with option selects yet?

yes u found something good and cool , but it is too situational to even think about trying it once in the training mode for the sake of fun !
I mean it is in the corner .. and only against sektor ! + u didn't show that it works in all the situations .. If I were a sektor player I won't even care about this :)

sorry :)

and about the kung lao thing ... come oon :S
I mean is it only cuz he is "krazyie" or what ?
cuz If I m not 100% sure that all of u guys would ignore, I have a lot of new techs to post ( if that is considered a tech ) !!

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY

I don't have the computer test my stuff, I have my training partner Red Reaper help me test everything.

That's correct. So if they stand block, or tech roll, you hit them with 33. If you notice there is no stand animation, then you hit 3 teleport. Chances are they are either going to wake up, or stay grounded. None of which matter since the bomb will just explode anyway, and if they do in fact wake up, you can punish them for it.

Yeah I was in training mode and what I found to work well was after a u4 I would do close bomb into net. Works every time, even on the EX moves. And at the most, sektor will get a free jip because if he tries to combo you he'll get hit by the bomb.
Try it it's pretty cool.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
yes u found something good and cool , but it is too situational to even think about trying it once in the training mode for the sake of fun !
I mean it is in the corner .. and only against sektor ! + u didn't show that it works in all the situations .. If I were a sektor player I won't even care about this :)

sorry :)

and about the kung lao thing ... come oon :S
I mean is it only cuz he is "krazyie" or what ?
cuz If I m not 100% sure that all of u guys would ignore, I have a lot of new techs to post ( if that is considered a tech ) !!

What? I couldn't comprehend...

Am I being trolled here? lol

what I mean is ... ppl are saying " wow good shit daaamn amazing ..etc" is that only cuz u r " Krayzie " the well known guy ?
u might ask me : " why?. Is what I've posted is a very bad tech? or why r u saying that ? "
and I will answer : " no. It is not that bad. But when I post something like that I get disrespected!! which is horrible !!. Not only cuz they didn't say even " thanks " , but imagine this .. I m trying to help ppl and they say " u suck " !!!! "

for instance, ur kung lao escaping thing ... this is something that a lot of cyrax players can think of and doesn't need to be posted .. cuz it is just a simple "mind game". But ppl are like " WOOOOW Krayzie u r genius how did u think of that ?!
But when I post something that is more of a "tech" and more useful and more helpful, ppl go like " ehhhh old .. bad .. not practical .. u suck .. I thought it is something new .. everybody does it ..etc

I hope you got it now :)

and don't get me wrong plz. that has nothing to do with my respect to you sir !
I m talking about ppl who only respect colors and names and doesn't respect the contribution itself !

McNasty

Moist.
lol wow such a negative response for a thread for sharing ideas... Id close this and let these net and a dream types think about biting the hand that feeds them.

No No No I said plz don't get me wrong !
and keep up the good work too, but it's about ppl ...
well, that was an advise to the community, anyway ... It had to be in someone as important as you to be understood and I wasn't choosing you or meaning you and only YOU at all ...

It was a message and well-minded ppl would get it ...

I have a question here ... have you tried all the options possible ( in the cyrax trap thing ) or were you using the options in the training mode only ?
I mean you need to get someone with you to try and wake up with all the wake up attacks with sektor. cuz you know there is a specific gap in which the wake attack invisibility becomes active.And you might need someone to try to get that time to make sure it is 100% inescapable

I m just asking ( no stupid remarks mr McNasty plz ) !

What you are doing is not an option select, you are just doing different things based on what you see/expect the enemy doing. An option select is when you do certain commands and your char performs in different ways, depending on the opponent's actions. Like SZ's d4 xx Xray on opponent's wake up; if the opponent wakes up with anything, the d4 will hit and then get canceled by the Xray, if the opponent does not wake up the D4 will whiff and no xray will be executed, same command, different results depending on what the opponent does.

Thats why I got confused with your video, I couldnt see how could all that stuffs on sektor could be an option select.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
What you are doing is not an option select, you are just doing different things based on what you see/expect the enemy doing. An option select is when you do certain commands and your char performs in different ways, depending on the opponent's actions. Like SZ's d4 xx Xray on opponent's wake up; if the opponent wakes up with anything, the d4 will hit and then get canceled by the Xray, if the opponent does not wake up the D4 will whiff and no xray will be executed, same command, different results depending on what the opponent does.

Thats why I got confused with your video, I couldnt see how could all that stuffs on sektor could be an option select.
That was a separate question. I have some option selects against Jax, which is why I asked. I think I mentioned it in my post.

I used NJP to show what happens on wake up. I really don't think you understand the concept of the video at all.

As far as the teleport, I don't think you understand whats going on in there either. What happens is that after any wake up in the game, if whatever said normal hits the invincible wake up, you are still able to cancel into a special, in this case "Teleport."

I happen to use these tactics against these characters, so I can guarantee you that they work 100% of the time. This thread is not a "Let me know if they work," but more of a, "Let me show you what works for me," type of thing. Enjoy if you understand, if not let me know if you have questions and I'll be glad to explain some more.

I have some Option Select tactics against Jax that uses a similar wake up system, as well as a better way to handle Kenshi, and why I believe now the match may very well be 5-5.
Yep, I mentioned it in this post. No need to be confused now... :)

Its okay, I'm just trying to get back on topic here.

And yes, I mentioned this before. I have a lot of local players in my area, in fact. I've been playing with them this entire weekend, including today and tomorrow... lol

You guys seriously need to read my posts.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
When you get Sektor in the korner, instead of using Krayzie's tech you should kross Sektor up and do db 3+1.

It's GodLike....

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Okay, so for those of you unfamiliar with the Cyrax OTG, here is the first example. I felt like I had to record this one just in case some of you were not yet familiar with it.

I use this often in my game-play, and since my style of play is rushdown, I like to keep my opponent next to me to gain free meter and command grabs. Besides using 33 as an OTG on hit to confirm a net into a combo, you can use 33 ragdoll which leaves you neutral on block, or 33 Ex Ragdoll which hits low, and then throws the opponent right back in the corner. On block, it also leaves you neutral.

Now, with that said. I want to bring up the second video which shows something that I use as well. The second example shows the OTG working after the second hit of the string, "21." What happens here is that if you hit 21 as early as possible, 1 will OTG your opponent, and leave you open to either finish the string with "212," which becomes an overhead, into the same OTG upon hit, or leaves you neutral on block, if your opponent decides to block.

The OTG after 21 is great, since you can end it with the same type of pressure you usually mix-up into a command grab, ragdoll, or hit-confirm into a net. The options are endless. My personal favorite thing to do is gain as much meter as I can, and hit confirm into a net if my opponent happens to try and jab out at the wrong time. They cant jump out either, otherwise they will just get hit by a jab, into a net, right into a reset.

I'll do my best to update this thread. I just started school again today, so I might not have as much time, but I'll try.

This stuff will go on the first post.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
An option select is a button input that functions as multiple possible actions, giving you a variety of options that should work in your favor.

In the case of Cyrax, here is my favorite "Wake-Up OS." I will be testing for new option selects when I have free time, but in the meanwhile, here is one that I have been using for as long as I knew Tyrant... lol This one works on Jax.

(Coming Soon...)

Sorry, I updated this on the front page, but I need to wake up early tomorrow to do something in the morning and I totally forgot to record this one... I'll be sure to do this sometime this week.