What's new

Tech Safe Trait?

Hope this is not discovered, but while I was training a little, I found this thing about the Trait of HQ.

I don't have time right now to test in how much movements this work, but with the one in the video (f2+3) works everytime.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Yeah, we knew about this (or I did, at least). Still don't think it's really worth it though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Actually, the notation for this is f2,3,4. You are just canceling her f2,3 string into trait.

Now, If you can find a way to get the bomb to hit while keeping the other presents safe, that would be something.

Eshi

Noob
so basically, you're sacrificing an overhead hitconfirm of 35-40% damage in return for 14% damage and a trait. Damage boost is useless because you could've just done a better combo. Bomb is useless because it doesn't hit a downed opponent and delaying the trait long enough for bomb to hit makes it unsafe again. Flower gives back, what, 10% life?

Harley's trait is unusable.

Actually, the notation for this is f2,3,4. You are just canceling her f2,3 string into trait.

Now, If you can find a way to get the bomb to hit while keeping the other presents safe, that would be something.
At this time (maybe some tech will be done in a future) I believe that is impossible to do that. The bomb is too "fast" compared to the other 2 traits.
so basically, you're sacrificing an overhead hitconfirm of 35-40% damage in return for 14% damage and a trait. Damage boost is useless because you could've just done a better combo. Bomb is useless because it doesn't hit a downed opponent and delaying the trait long enough for bomb to hit makes it unsafe again. Flower gives back, what, 10% life?

Harley's trait is unusable.
The one in the video is just to show. You can do:

JI2>B22> db31> b3> j2>f2,3 (cancel)4. The damage is almost the same with the common combo finish, with a chance to have some life back or more damage (bomb will whiff).

Saitsu

Noob
And if bomb comes out you just gave up extra damage and pressure for...nothing.

It's not worth it. Until a setup is found that makes all 3 gifts safe AND useful Trait will never be worth doing in an actual match.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
JI2>B22> db31> b3> j2>f2,3 (cancel)4. The damage is almost the same with the common combo finish, with a chance to have some life back or more damage (bomb will whiff).
Can't see video b/c I'm at work, but was roll and wake-up attacks on? Because I tried this exact trait set up when I was messing with it some time ago against Joker in training and he was still able to wake up gunshot and super to beat it.

While this may be the "safest" way to land trait it is still horrible in general because a) bomb becomes useless because opponent is too far away, b) anyone with a ranged wake up will negate any damage recovered from rose, and c) even if you do manage to get the damage boost off successfully, you are now at 3/4 - full screen needing to cover ground to even make use of it.

As it stands, there is zero way of using her trait with significant success.