What's new

Breakthrough - Assassin Safe Sharpen/Ex Sharpen Setups, guaranteed pressure after ex sharpen setup and MORE

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
New patch Kitana jump 2 now uses a fan :DOGE
I actually never tried this. If a Mileena tech roll, wake up normal roll and hit me before my F1 comes out I'm gonna blame Khaotik for this forgot-to-turn-tech-roll-on-breakthrough-tech
But doesn't fan cause hkd? Why don't you end combo with instant air fan from a distance then use sharpen like we did pre patch?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
New patch Kitana jump 2 now uses a fan :DOGE
I actually never tried this. If a Mileena tech roll, wake up normal roll and hit me before my F1 comes out I'm gonna blame Khaotik for this forgot-to-turn-tech-roll-on-breakthrough-tech
But doesn't fan cause hkd? Why don't you end combo with instant air fan from a distance then use sharpen like we did pre patch?
Lol even if they tech roll, they get hit. Tech rolling after the knockdown puts them at at even bigger disadvantage.

And it's because I wanted to find a setup that let you use sharpen directly in their face w.o worrying about being punished for it. She never had that pre patch.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Yay finally some kitana positivity.
Ive been down on her lately...(kitana players at least have a reason to be down on her) this is very nice to see.
Kitana is ASSmazing.

Nice setups man, I like to end combos with F11 or 21 regular sharpen in mid screen, I will put up a video soon with all gap strings that can be punished with parry.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
But it's not that big of a deal tho. She might not need F2 being an overhead but it would be nice.
But it is that big of a deal tho.

Her getting an OH with f2 would turn her into everything that's wrong with the game. F2 would be a safe OH starter, while combining that with her low starter that's safe if she spends a bar or at max range in RS. Both of these starters get over 40% anywhere with a bar, meterlessly in sharpen, over 40% in the corner and damn near 60% in the corner with sharpen.

Now, let's say you hit them with this setup I came up with. You already took over 40% of their health. Out of all the options she already gains from the setup, do you really think a safe 50/50 should be granted as well? It's not broken but that is OP.

Kitana is fine man, and this breakthrough makes her even better. She doesn't need an OH. She has ways to open people up. She plays her own meta. Let her stay as is. Giving her a OH will just be asking for nerfs on the future, unacceptable nerfs at that

But it is that big of a deal tho.

Her getting an OH with f2 would turn her into everything that's wrong with the game. F2 would be a safe OH starter, while combining that with her low starter that's safe if she spends a bar or at max range in RS. Both of these starters get over 40% anywhere with a bar, meterlessly in sharpen, over 40% in the corner and damn near 60% in the corner with sharpen.

Now, let's say you hit them with this setup I came up with. You already took over 40% of their health. Out of all the options she already gains from the setup, do you really think a safe 50/50 should be granted as well? It's not broken but that is OP.

Kitana is fine man, and this breakthrough makes her even better. She doesn't need an OH. She has ways to open people up. She plays her own meta. Let her stay as is. Giving her a OH will just be asking for nerfs on the future, unacceptable nerfs at that
Idk why I didn't think of that. They would pull a Tanya and strip her of everything.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So would a splat KD be better than a HKD?
It depends. For something like sharpen setups or like jacqui's gauntlet setups; yes. If the main thing is keeping your opponent on the ground long enough to get stuff out then splat knockdowns are just as good/better than hard knockdowns.

For something like an oki setup where you're trying to place something on the screen for oki (e.g. Jacqui low rocket setups) splat knockdowns means there's two different timings for oki and so can pose an issue. It also means that the opponent can roll away from where you've placed them which means if you've placed something in order to pressure on wakeup, they can still kinda tech roll out of it midscreen (this is not an issue in the corner)

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Nice setups man, I like to end combos with F11 or 21 regular sharpen in mid screen, I will put up a video soon with all gap strings that can be punished with parry.
Looking forward to it! Been tempted to do this myself, but I've not had as much free time as I'd like.

I do have some possible tech vs HQT Predator dealing with his zoning that I'll post soon. Maybe tomorrow. Need to test out a few more things but so far it looks very promising. I like to be thorough. :)

Looking forward to it! Been tempted to do this myself, but I've not had as much free time as I'd like.

I do have some possible tech vs HQT Predator dealing with his zoning that I'll post soon. Maybe tomorrow. Need to test out a few more things but so far it looks very promising. I like to be thorough. :)
This is my number 1 worst matchup, her other 4/6 matches are doable but HQT is anoying iv been saving the videos of the gap strings but i havnt done the editing.