What's new

Safe no neutral tools

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
What do you guys think about the safe tools that destroy neutral such as jaxs dash punch johnnys eX shdw kick DF LIU raw -8f mid full screen fly kick Jason's bf3 Jacquis full combo thing mid -9

Should moves like this be safe where you are forced to duck in order to punish someone's lack of neutral... I KNOW U GUYS ARE GUNNA BE LIKE NAW U GOTTA DUCK DAT. No you get run up something and get full comboed. Look at the chats with this no neutral move that is super fast and destroys any kind of footsie game you guys may be having all of them give a good forward advancing mid that's like sweep range. Since the next patch is rolling around I want that kinda stuff to be removed well the safe frames on it so these trash dudes can't get away with that fraud stuff

Last edited:

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
What do you guys think about the safe tools that destroy neutral such as jaxs dash punch johnnys eX shdw kick DF LIU raw 8f mid full screen fly kick Jason's bf3 Jacquis full combo thing mid -9

Should moves like this be safe where you are forced to suck in order to punish someone's lack of neutral... I KNOW U GUYS ARE GUNNA BE LIKE NAW U GOTTA DUCK DAT. No you get run up something and get full comboed. Look at the chats with this no neutral move that is super fast and destroys any kind of footsie game you guys may be having all of them give a good forward advancing mid that's like sweep range. Since the next patch is rolling around I want that kinda stuff to be removed well the safe frames on it so these trash dudes can't get away with that fraud stuff
Jax's dash punch ain't safe

myri

Time Warrior
Well u need to guess, either block overhead dash punch and full punish or crouch and full punish him again, don't forget its 50/50 game
Straight is duckable and D2 punishes.
Yes, I know, thank you. But if you block it then the move is safe, this is a fact. Like I'm not arguing at all that it can't be punished with a neutral duck. All I'm saying is that if you block a straight dash punch then Jax is safe, that's literally all I'm saying.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Like I said u duck u get run up midded so u duck shdw kik run up f3 full combo
Duck dash punch X run up f2 full combo

Last edited:

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Like I said u duck u get run up midded so u duck shdw kik run up f3 full combo
Duck dash punch X run up f2 full combo
If u duck why are u forced to run? Theyre already in ur face, theyre literally on top of you. No run involved. He does shadow kick. U duck, and whiff punish. He has no chance to do anything unless ur punishing with like sky drop or something.

myri

Time Warrior
Safeish. Not safe
It also has pushback, what move are you going to use to punish this? Like for real? Most standing 1's in this game are 7, 8 or 9 frames. Even if you have a 6 frame standing 1 do you really think you are going to consistently hit them with that 1 frame allowance? The only way you're going to punish this is by buffering super fast armour like reptile's slide or lao's spin, so your opponent is spending bar to punish. Besides that it only works at point blank range, the pushback is increased the further away you are when the dash punch hits so your are then safe from those moves and that is what this is about, the use of these tools in the neutral, not at point blank.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
It also has pushback, what move are you going to use to punish this? Like for real? Most standing 1's in this game are 7, 8 or 9 frames. Even if you have a 6 frame standing 1 do you really think you are going to consistently hit them with that 1 frame allowance? The only way you're going to punish this is by buffering super fast armour like reptile's slide or lao's spin, so your opponent is spending bar to punish. Besides that it only works at point blank range, the pushback is increased the further away you are when the dash punch hits so your are then safe from those moves and that is what this is about, the use of these tools in the neutral, not at point blank.
Point taken

When I play against Jhonny Cage, and he does any special move but ex nut punch, I use d4, this beat all Jhony Cage specials but Ex nut punch. Now. I'd like that NRS kindly make Ex nut punch like that too, so I just disconnect my brain and do d4 mindlessly against Jhonny LMAO:DOGE. (This excludes stunt double mimic shadows :()

Wigy

There it is...
If you're neutral is being destroyed by a shadow kick, then you're playing the matchup wrong and the jc is playing the matchup wrong. Ex sk is used to punish projectiles and push into the corner, its not for the neutral.

Its hilarious watching his d4 low profile everything after its blocked though lol.