What's new

Strategy safe block strings and frame traps

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
I know its incomplete but I just feel we need a thread to show frame traps and safe block strings
also any and all input or other possible options would be appreciated
* where mix up can be applied
f3 = + 10 on block
f3* f23* 32 ss
f3* f23* d1 ss
f3* f23* 23 ss
f3* d2 f23* 32 ss (best done in the corner)
f3* f23 f23 32 ss (corner)

132 = 0 on block
132 f23* 23 ss
132 f23* 32 ss
132 d1 ss

f23 = + 9 on block
f23* d1 ss
f23* f23* 32 ss (corner gimmick but works if you know the distance)
f23* d2 d1 ss

d2 = +1 on block
d2 d1 ss
d2 f23* 32 ss
d2 132 f23* 32 ss
d2 132 d1 ss

3 = +4 on block (these are more for the corner or just to check someones execution mostly a gimmick but sometimes effective)
3 32 ss
3 d1 ss
3 f23* 32 ss

::another thing to mention when going for mix ups/ending pressure while performing frame traps a bounce cancel f3 can be done to stay in and maintain pressure (example)f23* f23* 32 mbf3* f23* ss::
@MITDJT
@Crathen (I know you have a lot of input in this area)
@Argenrost
@AVN PTH jonnitti
@GGA Slips
@Vagrant
@I$AAC
tag deathstroke players I know I missed alot

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
@RedRaptor10 @Enuma Elish @G4S J360 @KingHippo @Cash

im going to mess around with these in a litle bit. im liking where this is going. im going to see what else i can come up with. im usually skeptical to use f23 because of pushback. you should also probably consider messing around with options that will catch people jumping out and backdashing. im going to test this extensively with things of that nature when i get the chance to have someone go on 2p side with me.

Yoaks

A spaceman
This is great! I been learning some DS! Been torn between him or Black Adam for my 3rd.

All of these are solid one thing I think ds players could use from time to time is b1 to bounce cancel f3. Easy way to catch ppl off guard and get lots of damage. Depending on the character, some of those frame traps will work better midscreen. All very good up close in the corner vs all characters essentially.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
All of these are solid one thing I think ds players could use from time to time is b1 to bounce cancel f3. Easy way to catch ppl off guard and get lots of damage. Depending on the character, some of those frame traps will work better midscreen. All very good up close in the corner vs all characters essentially.
yeah I find it really good to slip into a set especially when at worst if they do block it and you are plus 10 and get to continue pressure sorta like fadc in sf4

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
@RedRaptor10 @Enuma Elish @G4S J360 @KingHippo @Cash

im going to mess around with these in a litle bit. im liking where this is going. im going to see what else i can come up with. im usually skeptical to use f23 because of pushback. you should also probably consider messing around with options that will catch people jumping out and backdashing. im going to test this extensively with things of that nature when i get the chance to have someone go on 2p side with me.
crathen made a guide on how to blow up backdashes by delaying 323 after a plus stringi think the 3 would catch most jumpy players anyway and b23 is good to check people who back dash aswell

L1FTER

Noob
I've been implementing f23 more into my game lately and have been catching so many people off guard. I'm having most success with 323 and b23 after it. I find doing b1 is pretty tough due to certain ranges.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but you can do f23 at midscreen on block, then do SS after it and your opponent cannot jump out of it.. And i don't mean link the SS off of the f23, i mean do it after it.

I think characters can back dash out of it, i haven't fully tested, but they most certainly cannot jump out of it. If you do it correctly, their feet cannot even leave the ground. Its great to throw out every now and then, it sometimes catches people off guard..

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
I was able to do two f23s after f3 in the corner and it beat lex corp charge reversal but it only worked when I walked slightly towards him after the first f23. Kind of gimmicky but could catch someone off gaurd and you can continue more pressure.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
I've been implementing f23 more into my game lately and have been catching so many people off guard. I'm having most success with 323 and b23 after it. I find doing b1 is pretty tough due to certain ranges.
yeah doing d1 is fast and easier to do its best canceled into mbf3 and ss