What's new

Tech - Dualist Safe Bicycle Kick Setup

I found this weeks ago and I'm just now uploading this. This helps discover how plus the orb a little bit because frame data says that it's "+129" which isn't true at all.
The orb can provide a true block string after it explodes even if I use X-Ray (23 frames of startup)
So as far as I know bicycle kick is -13. 23 -13=10. He should be plus 10 afterwards if timed right. But if you add recovery from the special I guess not. Anyways

Other dualist explore. This can probably be very good

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @Kickbykick
@Phosferrax (The down player you are lol)
@GreatKungLao @Paaapiman

Being working on using the orb in a block-string. After 112 orb I do 3 teebags :D(lol. for timing) and f213 ss f213 for a block string. Means we can make anything safe with the orb. Good find. Did you try the jump test to estimate how minus?

Being working on using the orb in a block-string. After 112 orb I do 3 teebags :D(lol. for timing) and f213 ss f213 for a block string. Means we can make anything safe with the orb. Good find. Did you try the jump test to estimate how minus?
No I didn't try the jump test, I'll try it next time

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
sorry i didn't help you with this. What happens if they get hit with f21 BK? Does the orb combo after? if so you may have found the goto option select in the corner.

This is assuming they can't just wakeup out of it or delay wakeup to fuck you over.

sorry i didn't help you with this. What happens if they get hit with f21 BK? Does the orb combo after? if so you may have found the goto option select in the corner.

This is assuming they can't just wakeup out of it or delay wakeup to fuck you over.
If they delay wakeup. You'll just whiff F21 and be safe if they wakeup. I haven't tested it if it combos but I think it does or its a frame too early

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ok after testing.

You cannot time BK to be safe and for the alternative, if they are hit, get the full combo when orb explodes.

You can however, end in 112 low orb, and do one of three things.

F44 bk - on hit this will pop them up for a full combo. Gets blown up by delayed wake up. On block is unsafe.

B2 into more oki with an orb out. - 50/50 from f4 and can still lead to big damage by using 22 and f4 for more 50/50 after b2 splat.

Or 112 bk - this blows up delayed wake up and combos on hit.

All are unsafe on block but make the original tech better by conditioning opponent to block and attempt punish.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Ok after testing.

You can however, end in 112 low orb, and do one of three things.

F44 bk - on hit this will pop them up for a full combo. Gets blown up by delayed wake up. On block is unsafe.

B2 into more oki with an orb out. - 50/50 from f4 and can still lead to big damage by using 22 and f4 for more 50/50 after b2 splat.

Or 112 bk - this blows up delayed wake up and combos on hit.

All are unsafe on block but make the original tech better by conditioning opponent to block and attempt punish.
Sometimes I like to do: 113 ~ S3 ~ low orb ~ D2 ~ B1 ~ full charge

Have you tested it? It's a good setup too :D

I put this setup in my video, look (1:25seg)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I haven't tested it but they should stuff you (with armor) because F21 doesn't break armor.
Have you tried B1xxbicyclekick and b12xxbicycle kick? If the timing to either of those works with the orb & bicycle kick you'll have a safe armor stuffing setup too.

Have you tried B1xxbicyclekick and b12xxbicycle kick? If the timing to either of those works with the orb & bicycle kick you'll have a safe armor stuffing setup too.
B12 stuffs armor. But I haven't tested it yet to see if the orb explodes at the right time and there a frame gap between B12 BK

Why not make db2 plus on block lol.

There is a jump test.
In this video I showed that f1 jails.
I kept on trying several setups and I arrived at the point that b1 jails after the orb exploded. Its up to +9 on block.