Tech Safe B2, J3 Corner 50/50 & Other Max Height 212 Ender Setups

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
J3 corner 50/50

- ambiguous safe 50/50 mixup
- opponent has no option but to guess left or right
- non-cross up blocked opponent jailed into standing 1
- cross up version blocked standing 1 doesnt jail but beats 6 frame moves
- so pretty much, vortex combo into 50/50 guess where if opponent guesses right there in another mixup.

UPDATE 21/11/13
{expansion on the j3 corner 50/50 setup video}

something i really should of put in the video is that if you want to put your opponent back in the same setup you use either,
j3,21~telepunch,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2
or
j3,11~telepunch,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2

(important to note: in the right corner you will always end up behind after the j3 hits (crossup or non crossup) but in the left corner early non crossup attempts will keep you on the same side so you will have to adjust your combo to j3,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2 if want to repeat the setup.)

also i tested out using his other air normals in this setup to see what would they do:
*j2 acts the same & can be used pretty much with the same rules as using j3. still think j3 better though personally.
*j1 has a very handy use of if you use j1 with the timing of if you were attempting the latest possible crossup j3, the j1 will still hit non crossup. this has the least cancel advantage out of the 3 but i really like it to fuck with timings of your opponent.

finally heres more combos that setup up the j3 corner 50/50:
11~trait,f22u3~flipkick,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2 (112 trait doesnt work on full cast to reason 11~trait is inserted)
b1~trait,f22u3~flipkick,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2
b12~trait,f22u3~telepunch,dash,d2,113~MB spear,dash,nj2 (f113 does not give proper spacing with this combo so dont change out the 113)
b2,b2,f22u3~trait,f113~MB spear
b2,b2,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2
(back to corner) MB telepunch, j3, f113~MB spear,dash,nj2

Max height 212 combo ender setups (with SAFE B2!)

- max damage untechable knockdown option from a juggle bar stage bounce
- so much frame advantage you get to dash then do a mixup that cant be backdashed
- safe b2 setup
- b12 (2 will whiff on block)
- dash to MB telepunch
- dash to b3 reaches for MBing through wakeups
- dash to early j1
all the above cant be backdashed if timed right
- also the double dash to be put in situation of if used 2u3 and non max height 212 and dashed forward

combos the max height 212 works with:
MB telepunch, j3~telepunch, 212
b1/11~trait, f22u3, d2, b3, j2, 212
b3, j2, j3~telepunch, 212
112~MB spear, b3, j2, j3~telepunch, 212
2u3~MB spear, b3, j2, j3~telepunch, 212
b12~MB spear, b3, j2, j3~telepunch, 212
b2,MB spear, b3, j2, j3~telepunch, 212
f113~MB spear, b3, j2, j3~telepunch, 212
any combo into stage bounce, 212
(can work with double j3s but much tighter to get the max height 212 everytime)

OBS|KH Rattlehead
GGA Slips
Disaster FX
Minh Giang
BoricuaHeat
Shadow316
RYX
AssassiN
JDE
Gurimmjaw
NoxiousDonny
SmokeMaster
Jaku2011
x0Kakashi
Perfect Legend
@any other scopion

Last edited:

1man3letters

Yeah, definitely. I might stop trying to learn MMH and make Scorpion my go to antizoner, haha. All this tech stuff is getting me interested.

real talk, fuck that green orb throwing bastard.
he will burn!

Reactions: RYX

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I like the 50/50 in the corner. I've used the J2, J3 after Spear but only midscreen; didn't though it was possible to get an ambigous cross up in the corner.

Now we need to find a way to connect iJ1 xx Tele shenanigans like pre-patch. I know it's possible, but the timming it's strict --so much I've lost all hope of landing it online.

1man3letters

Safe on block B2 set up? Hells yeah I'll be using this. Sets up for big damage in the corner. Great stuff as always 1man3letters.

thanks alot man, appreciate it :)

Now we need to find a way to connect iJ1 xx Tele shenanigans like pre-patch. I know it's possible, but the timming it's strict --so much I've lost all hope of landing it online.

yea its tighter now alright but fine offline, no hope of landing them online unless against doomsday etc lol

1man3letters

Good shit 1man been trying to find some ambiguous corner crossups with Scorpion for awhile now. You just made things a lot easier for me.
yea its a handy option imo, main thing i like about it is its safe 50/50.
when we can put safe and scorpion together in same sentence its a very good thing lol

Really like the safe b2 tech. I'll be stealing it.
cheers man, steal away ;)

good shit 1man.
btw i haven't played the game for 2 weeks, miss Scorp too much ;__;.

thanks man, yea know what you mean,i havnt been playing as much as id want to because of different stuff.
was meant to make these vids a few days ago :/
have a week off now thankfully

AssassiN

Noob
Good stuff.
I almost never go for Spear MB reset, instead I'll use 212 and follow-up with stuff you've described ever since the patch that got him nerfed.
Scorpion has good options after that 212 dash for mix-ups and anti wake-up tech. I did not know that B2 is safe, so thank you for that.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Was testing out the safe b2 and there's even a way to make it safe from Super Man's Kryptonite Smash. b2, dash 112~TP, 2u3 the key is to hit the u3 as high as possible so you don't have to dash in and the follow-up b2 is unpunishable on block.

edit:
There's finally a use for f22d3:

j3, 112~TP, 112~mb spear, b3, trait, f22d3

1man3letters

Sharing stuff like this is very much appreciated!

Can't wait to get home from work to try it out
thanks. hiding stuff is for the weak lol

Great stuff 1man3letters. Loving the safe B2.

Will be using this now. I think Scorpion is really dangerous in the corner :)

thanks, yea i love getting them in the corner for gettiing unscaled interactables

good stuff 1man

thanks man

Was testing out the safe b2 and there's even a way to make it safe from Super Man's Kryptonite Smash. b2, dash 112~TP, 2u3 the key is to hit the u3 as high as possible so you don't have to dash in and the follow-up b2 is unpunishable on block.

edit:
There's finally a use for f22d3:

j3, 112~TP, 112~mb spear, b3, trait, f22d3

yea i looked into 2u3 hitting at different heights aswell, found it to be way less consistent compared to m.h.212 for create the spacing everytime.
also the follow up b2 can be backdashed out of unlike with 212.

i like f22d3, use in alot vs gl