What's new

Tech Safe arrow load on block

I have a lot of tech that i can share as well, should i compile them into a single thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
So, as the title states, I found out that you can load arrows against a blocking opponent and be completely safe afterwards.

You can do this by doing either B13 or 33 against a blocking opponent and immediately loading trait, which will result in you being anywhere from -4 to -6, which is completely unpunishable by flying uppercut (fastest reversal in the game) but you cannot backdash afterwards which lead me to believe that it is -4, -5 or -6 because backdashes are universally 3 frames.

Now the pushback from both is significant so most characters will not be able to pressure you, B1 is 16 frames and stand 3 is 15 frames so it's sort of hard to set this up in neutral, but it's guaranteed after an arrow reset, also, the same can be done for F2D13 (sort of), F2D13 arrow load is around -7 or 8 since it can be punished by flying uppercut, but 90% of the cast can't punish you (i think it's only 2 or 3 characters that can punish you) because of the pushback.

I also found a completely impractical piece of tech with this, you can do B13 or 33 canceled into arrow dash cancel forward and still be able to block flying uppercut, but this is mostly useless anyway.

7L

Heads up!
It is safe, but I have a pet peeve of not using strings to load my arrows. I will usually end will another arrow to keep pressure going because you'll be +3 after it. One other thing is, it will probably be negative just like f2d13 > load arrow is negative. I never like giving up the pressure.

Once I have an ice arrow out, I like to do b13 and maybe an overhead mix up first, after that it's nice to do b13, draw the arrow and forward cancel to catch them off guard. It is negative but it keeps them guessing.

33 is semi slow and it can really only be used for loading, theres not much use for this string except for combo enders. It's a slow move and I haven't found any other use for it. I avoid it like the plague lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
So, as the title states, I found out that you can load arrows against a blocking opponent and be completely safe afterwards.

You can do this by doing either B13 or 33 against a blocking opponent and immediately loading trait, which will result in you being anywhere from -4 to -6, which is completely unpunishable by flying uppercut (fastest reversal in the game) but you cannot backdash afterwards which lead me to believe that it is -4, -5 or -6 because backdashes are universally 3 frames.

Now the pushback from both is significant so most characters will not be able to pressure you, B1 is 16 frames and stand 3 is 15 frames so it's sort of hard to set this up in neutral, but it's guaranteed after an arrow reset, also, the same can be done for F2D13 (sort of), F2D13 arrow load is around -7 or 8 since it can be punished by flying uppercut, but 90% of the cast can't punish you (i think it's only 2 or 3 characters that can punish you) because of the pushback.

I also found a completely impractical piece of tech with this, you can do B13 or 33 canceled into arrow dash cancel forward and still be able to block flying uppercut, but this is mostly useless anyway.
on that impractical one....is that on hit or block?

I assumed most people knew about this. I usually use F2D13 load arrow because it helps me train my opponent to block the overhead and once they get used to it I'll start canceling it into a F2D1D4. Actually I've become way too reliant on it I've noticed, so I'm kind of free to a character who can still poke me after the pushback like lex. Need to start mixing in the B13 more, but old habits die hard.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It is safe, but I have a pet peeve of not using strings to load my arrows. I will usually end will another arrow to keep pressure going because you'll be +3 after it. One other thing is, it will probably be negative just like f2d13 > load arrow is negative. I never like giving up the pressure.

Once I have an ice arrow out, I like to do b13 and maybe an overhead mix up first, after that it's nice to do b13, draw the arrow and forward cancel to catch them off guard. It is negative but it keeps them guessing.

33 is semi slow and it can really only be used for loading, theres not much use for this string except for combo enders. It's a slow move and I haven't found any other use for it. I avoid it like the plague lol
I pretty much share the same feelings about Loading Arrows off block strings. But 33 is good for katching people that jump after D1 on hit, since F2D1 doesn't kombo on people too high up off the ground and D1 is only +9 on hit.

Axel_Redd

can someone plz answer that question about that impractical setup? its buggin me.

can someone plz answer that question about that impractical setup? its buggin me.
It's on block.

I agree with what you're saying, we give up pressure to do this, but the entire point of this is that you will be able to load an arrow against a BLOCKING opponent, this is why i like to do it when i'm unsure if my attack will hit or not, and 33 isn't entirely useless, the move actually has the most cancel advantage between any of green arrow's strings.

SonicFox5000

The Best.

On block if your opponent blocks 33you get a guaranteed super. Its stupid lol

On block if your opponent blocks 33you get a guaranteed super. Its stupid lol
It cannot be hitconfirmed, if it hits then GG you lose super, plus, you can backdash the super, all you get from the super itself is 47% or something and an arrow load if your opponent doesn't have clash, if they do you only get 35% because you'll always lose the clash and they recover health afterwards, you also need a full meter bar when green arrow needs that meter for bounce cancels to get high damaging combos, he doesn't even build that much meter in most matchups.

In other words it's completely fair and there's nothing stupid about it, especially compared to your character who gets 50% one bar in the corner from a safe 50/50 mix up.

It cannot be hitconfirmed, if it hits then GG you lose super, plus, you can backdash the super, all you get from the super itself is 47% or something and an arrow load if your opponent doesn't have clash, if they do you only get 35% because you'll always lose the clash and they recover health afterwards, you also need a full meter bar when green arrow needs that meter for bounce cancels to get high damaging combos, he doesn't even build that much meter in most matchups.

In other words it's completely fair and there's nothing stupid about it, especially compared to your character who gets 50% one bar in the corner from a safe 50/50 mix up.
Question while we're on the subject: what are the specifics of 111 super on block? I know it can backdashed, counter-supered, or reversed by some members of the cast....but I'm also pretty sure I've seen people jump out of it before even though it seems like you usually can't. I normally try not to go for this one too often, but If things are getting close near the end of the fight and I just can't quite get that one damn ice arrow to land and I'm not feeling able to close the deal out I'll sometimes just dash in and 111 super. Best case scenario is it catches them off guard and it hits, but even if they block unless they spend the meter in time to push me away it seems like I still have a decent shot at hitting them with it.

Question while we're on the subject: what are the specifics of 111 super on block? I know it can backdashed, counter-supered, or reversed by some members of the cast....but I'm also pretty sure I've seen people jump out of it before even though it seems like you usually can't. I normally try not to go for this one too often, but If things are getting close near the end of the fight and I just can't quite get that one damn ice arrow to land and I'm not feeling able to close the deal out I'll sometimes just dash in and 111 super. Best case scenario is it catches them off guard and it hits, but even if they block unless they spend the meter in time to push me away it seems like I still have a decent shot at hitting them with it.
You have to keep in mind that 111 doesn't have the same cancel advantage as 33,b13 or f2d13, it has the least cancel advantage between them so it is very plausible that the opponent can jump, but that's why you shouldn't go for this especially since f2d13 is better.

Axel_Redd

ah so its usually never a bad idea for a green arrow to end their string with an arrow then?