What's new

Question - Piercing Sadistic ways combo

Is it me or does this combo need to be patched so it will autofix...It just misses for no reason sometimes :mad:..especially on characters like Kotal Kahn & Ferra Torr

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Odd that it's whiffing on larger targets. Do they drop faster, is their gravity effected? I honestly don't know. I don't play versus many of the big boys on a regular basis.

The hitbox on the second hit is hella small. When used as an ender, you have to be ultra accurate with your spacing and timing, or it'll drop.

Last edited:

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
When I use it as an ender, while anyone is at the top of their fall I say 'one' to myself before starting sadistic to help with timing. I haven't had much issues timing smaller or bigger characters though.

nodq

wicked
I hate the hitbox of the second hit. Sadistic way is the biggest reason why i main ravenous instead of piercing
I played Rav from day1 and tried Piercing, but man i hate this combo so much. Im glad i didnt even bother with playing Piercing.

I tried that, still misses on the big characters
If I skip the f2(3) before the roll it usually works tho..I just think it makes no sense

Last edited:

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I love/hate Sadistic. It's one of my favorite Mileena moves, but it feels like the hitbox scales alongside damage. Super easy to land at low numbers, but push a combo "too far" and suddenly the timing on B21 2+4 becomes ultra strict.

Hitbox issues in Piercing (and my inability to compensate for them) are a big part of why I made the move to Ravenous.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Same here

But this makes me wanna use Ravenous more often esp. against the big characters
Tried it and so far I haven't had any issues. After Roll try inputting sadistic ways at the moment the opponent's head is level with Mileena's as he is falling. Its the best visual cue I can give right now to help with timing

Tried it and so far I haven't had any issues. After Roll try inputting sadistic ways at the moment the opponent's head is level with Mileena's as he is falling. Its the best visual cue I can give right now to help with timing
Thanx for the tip, did you try it in the same combo tho?
I've seen some great Mileena players miss it too in other combos like f344roll njp and then they ended up going for the 'rider' combo as ender instead lol

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Thanx for the tip, did you try it in the same combo tho?
I've seen some great Mileena players miss it too in other combos like f344roll njp and then they ended up going for the 'rider' combo as ender instead lol
Yeah I did the exact same combo as you did in the video. It is annoying that the longer the combo the stricter sadistic ways is.

Scrub question for this kombo: Is there any one button you can press instead of 2+4?

For example, Ravenous Mileena's Tasty Treat Kombo, B1, 2, 1+3, the 1+3 can be replaced with Throw.

Is there anything like this for Sadistic Ways? I ask because I remap my controller, so instead of 1,2,3,4 face buttons, my layout is the more klassic 2,3,4,1. 2+4 is pretty impossible to do without errors this way.

Thanks.

Scrub question for this kombo: Is there any one button you can press instead of 2+4?

For example, Ravenous Mileena's Tasty Treat Kombo, B1, 2, 1+3, the 1+3 can be replaced with Throw.

Is there anything like this for Sadistic Ways? I ask because I remap my controller, so instead of 1,2,3,4 face buttons, my layout is the more klassic 2,3,4,1. 2+4 is pretty impossible to do without errors this way.

Thanks.
Nah you can't. The only maps are 1+3 for Throw, 1+2 for interactables, and 3+4 for switch stance I believe.