What's new

Ryan, "Fubarduck" Talks About MK Commentary at MLG

fubarduck

MLG Commentator
Hey fellas, as you know, I have been selected as commentator to assist with all games at MLG, starting with Winter Brawl.

I did play MK up until Evo 2011, but after that, I did not kept up with new changes / patch notes. First of all, I want you guys to know that I do not intend on half-assing this position. I care about the MK Community and I want everyone to be well-represented. Since being offered this position, I have tried catching myself up by watching more recent tournament footage, reading the patch notes from last year, etc.

However - I will definitely need the MK Community's help to catch up to speed! I will be arriving in Columbus Thursday and hope to get in lots of games with everyone that will be there before the event. I will put in the same time and dedication to MK that I do to all of my main tournament games, such as KOF13, UMVC3 and SF4.

It will take some time to grow into the position, but I am very reasonable and will be open to any and all criticism and suggestions during and after the event. I will pay close attention to that feedback to give my best effort in future MLG events.

Thanks to Sabin for selecting me, and to the TYM community for your support. Look forward to meeting 995Phil this week and preparing to provide you guys with a top-quality broadcast! :)

-Ryan

Attachments

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i dunno who you are because im not a veteran or anything. but why didnt they just choose someone who has been up to date with patches and tournaments and who won what and that kind of thing? anyway i hope you do your best

A few talking points if someone picks one of the following characters:
Cyrax: Character is bullshit I mean 80% reset what is this I
Jax: Bullshit character, 100% corner reset are you serious
Smoke: Bit of a bullshit character, 80% resets what is going on here
Kabal: Probably has more bullshit than any other character in the game, if the player is using a hitbox, character is literally bullshit
Quan Chi: 45% Rune Trap, character is kind of bullshit
Kitana: Like every one of her combos is unbreakererable, which is bullshit
Kenshi: Bullshit zoner
Freddy: Zoning bullshit
Raiden: Character has a bullshit teleport that gets him out of everything for free

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
i dunno who you are because im not a veteran or anything. but why didnt they just choose someone who has been up to date with patches and tournaments and who won what and that kind of thing? anyway i hope you do your best
As Sabin has explained many times, he needed someone who knew MK9 as well as the other games. fubarduck is commentating more than MK9 at MLG.

Reneketon

Buyback, cos I'm mad
He had only four commentators spots, and he needed a general fighting game player. Art knows fubar, and he's been in the FGC for a long time, so don't worry.

Edit, oh, jugg beat me too it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey fellas, as you know, I have been selected as commentator to assist with all games at MLG, starting with Winter Brawl.

I did play MK up until Evo 2011, but after that, I did not kept up with new changes / patch notes. First of all, I want you guys to know that I do not intend on half-assing this position. I care about the MK Community and I want everyone to be well-represented. Since being offered this position, I have tried catching myself up by watching more recent tournament footage, reading the patch notes from last year, etc.

However - I will definitely need the MK Community's help to catch up to speed! I will be arriving in Columbus Thursday and hope to get in lots of games with everyone that will be there before the event. I will put in the same time and dedication to MK that I do to all of my main tournament games, such as KOF13, UMVC3 and SF4.

It will take some time to grow into the position, but I am very reasonable and will be open to any and all criticism and suggestions during and after the event. I will pay close attention to that feedback to give my best effort in future MLG events.

Thanks to Sabin for selecting me, and to the TYM community for your support. Look forward to meeting 995Phil this week and preparing to provide you guys with a top-quality broadcast! :)

-Ryan
Print out somberness frame data and know what you're talking about during matches

Know MUs

Know general tier placings

Do not say anything negative about our game like the above poster did about 80% cyrax and 100% jax combos.

PM me, skype me or call me man. I can help get you up to date

Good Luck and do us proud

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the community. I hope to get some games in with you and everyone else before the event!

gdf

Noob
Fubarduck, if you Skype pig, and get your matches. People watching won't even know that you relearned the game in about a week.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I have the UTMOST respect for you Ryan. You've always supported MK, as well as the arcade scene with your Arcade UFO in Texas which i have a soft spot for. Look forward to seeing you again.

And again, I ask the MK to show Fubarduck the same respect. You wont be disappointed!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
First, Congratulations.

Secondly, you will be fine man.

Just do as PIG said and print out the frama data for the charcaters and take it with you, so you can quickly put the viewers right on why someone isn't punishing or hesitating after block strings etc.

Also, you could ask around the forum in a few PM's to help get perspective on certain MU.

Good luck man.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
yo MLGxUFO?

Seriously though, congrats on landing the position. Frame data is a great way to get into it as well as reviewing some of the more recent tourney footage to get an idea of the meta game. Look forward to seeing you and Phil! Congrats again

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You'll get good at commenting MK9 just by staying around 9.95 :) Congrats and good luck.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Fubar !!!! Many dont know what FUBAR stands for.. this will give you an idea

P.S. Necro is a lunatic rapper (which is why i can relate with him lol, his lyrics are like a fatality)

I should be in Ohio on Thursday this week for MLG, I would be down to play some games and answer any questions you have. I have a lot of knowledge of the game as a whole, and i'm sure plenty of others would be willing to help.