What's new

Rush down: Kabal vs. Nightwolf

Who's rushing game is better? Kabal or Nightwolf?

• Total voters

Derek

Noob
We all know these two characters have amazing rush down, but the question is. Which one is overall better?

I'm going to have to take Nightwolf. His run jabs are good. His easy high damage combos are great because as soon as they let go of black you can do his auto combo and hit them with a pretty decent amount of damage at the least. Auto-combo, second axe, aaLP, JK for 45% and it's fairly easy to do.

This isn't about character discussion because we all know Kabal is the best. I'm just saying for nonstop rush game, who is the best toe to toe?

Nightwolf is. But playing against a kabal player kinda forces you to think a little bit more about defensive play. Thats kabals biggest advantage. The fact the spin move forces you to play defensive and because of that you use block more and it slows your pace and hinders your rush. But as far as actual rush down and keeping pressure on you its nightwolf, its not even a dispute.

MKK hanzo

I voted Kabal. Wihle NW has fast rushdowns, Kabal literally eats him alive if he attempts any of his rush on him.

Online NW could be better I guess due to lag and stuff but in arcade Kabal is the counter char for NW(and almost everyone else). Blocked Axe in combo/Shadow ram = Free Spin. Also NW jabs are too short and slow compared to Kabal ones.

his kick starter will amazingly dominate before kabals kick startup
Frank, first time I disagree with you. This is untrue. While NW kick starter has the property of OTG many characters(and hit you while crouched, wich Kabal can do with Hp starter and is a lot safer), is the SLOWEST kick starter in the game due to his animation. Just put the 2 characters one beside another and press the kick button at the same time. You will see what I mean.

I voted for Kabal... Man, this thread it´s about kick starter, auto combos, or the best player in this two chars?... this is about rushdown...
And the best is Kabal, cus he´s punches are to easy to cut the sprite motion (with run, or any button) in the corner kabal is a machine, just that... a machine.

Off topic (i consider this a off topic): if you put this chars fighting we all know who´s gonna win, and see that when NW it´s rusheddown his D+LK is so slowly, and if Kabal is rushedown he got 2 answer against that: Dash, or D+LK boths are easy to perform.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kabal's run jabs will "accidentally" throw Nightwolf on counter rush so Nightwolf will constantly have to hit back+LP while rushing down to prevent being thrown. Kabal's potential for damage on Nightwolf per combo is greater because Kabal can infinite relaunch Nightwolf anywhere and triple JK AFB if near the corner. However, Nightwolf does have the corner inf on Kabal, but again it's corner only. The threat of Kabal's spin is greater than the threat of Nightwolf's 50% combos.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
I voted Kabal. Wihle NW has fast rushdowns, Kabal literally eats him alive if he attempts any of his rush on him.

Online NW could be better I guess due to lag and stuff but in arcade Kabal is the counter char for NW(and almost everyone else). Blocked Axe in combo/Shadow ram = Free Spin. Also NW jabs are too short and slow compared to Kabal ones.

his kick starter will amazingly dominate before kabals kick startup
Frank, first time I disagree with you. This is untrue. While NW kick starter has the property of OTG many characters(and hit you while crouched, wich Kabal can do with Hp starter and is a lot safer), is the SLOWEST kick starter in the game due to his animation. Just put the 2 characters one beside another and press the kick button at the same time. You will see what I mean.
The second quote isnt what I posted hannzo :)

I voted for Nightwolf. On XBL, Nightwolf definitely gets kicked up a notch. You can barely ever counter NW's shoulder charge with the delay on xbl, and it beats out all of my spins.. So I'll have to go with that.

I really do wish I could play without xbl latency..

Kazlaz

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
I voted for Nightwolf. On XBL, Nightwolf definitely gets kicked up a notch. You can barely ever counter NW's shoulder charge with the delay on xbl, and it beats out all of my spins.. So I'll have to go with that.

I really do wish I could play without xbl latency..
you can come down to my house

ill teachyou have to use a sticktoo :p

Nightwolf. Period. IMHO Nightwolf is Anti-Kabal. As TheRedPsychosis said, the shadow charge beats out the spin...EVERYTIME.

MKK hanzo

Nightwolf. Period. IMHO Nightwolf is Anti-Kabal. As TheRedPsychosis said, the shadow charge beats out the spin...EVERYTIME.
Mmmm it seems like you havent played enough UMK3. A good Kabal player will never throw a Spin randomly pr blindly. By that there are very small chances that the 2 collide (SR vs spin).

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Mmmm it seems like you havent played enough UMK3. A good Kabal player will never throw a Spin randomly pr blindly. By that there are very small chances that the 2 collide (SR vs spin).
Sorry but I see those 2 things collide very often and Nightwolf becoming the victor each and every time.
O and yes im new to the UMK 3 kompetitive scene. Watch out buddy, I learn fast :twisted:

MKK hanzo

Well I meant no offense man. If you learn fast then good for you. But in high level matches you dont will see that scenario. Online matches should be different I think.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Well I meant no offense man. If you learn fast then good for you. But in high level matches you dont will see that scenario. Online matches should be different I think.
I get exactly what your saying.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
look DatBoyMook, I think this thread is about NW Vs Kabal rush down game Vs all the rest. not a match between kabal and nw ;)
I think too that nw is a good matchup against kabal, but that doesn't make him better than kabal. kabal rush game can beat easily more chars than nw's. I think that is this thread about. :D