What's new

Running man punch followups

Harkonis

Noob
I can't seem to find the timing for continuing a juggle after the running man punch. Even if I mash the next attack is usually late. What is the timing for htis? Actually I have trouble with the timing I guess on several things of this nature. How do you do the instant air grab after F32? I never can get off the ground fast enough.

Seeing how much damage I leave on the table by not using punch and comboing instead of kick or tackle is killing me.

Agilaz

It has begun
Punch doesn't lead to anything if you're not in the corner. Midscreen is all about the kick/tackle mix up

In the corner I just do something like 121, running man 2, 1, B31 cmd grab

Agilaz

It has begun
Also, can't offer much in terms of F32 into air grab, but if I land F32 I prefer to follow up with B31x cmd grab. I prefer to save my meter for shotgun amps (SUPER good if you confirm 121/B31 into a single forward amp), running man amp tackles (16% and +42, so you can press your opponent or get a free shotgun miss for the KB) or for cmd grab amps (both for damage and the KB).

I only really amp the air grab in the corner (you can do 121 x running man, which creates a situation where they have to guess between getting grabbed and launched on a meaty hit) or midscreen if the follow-up is a guaranteed to kill.

Harkonis

Noob
I meant in the corner. I can't get the followup even in the corner. Feels like too much delay after the punch before I can hit something.

ferdog8

Noob
I meant in the corner. I can't get the followup even in the corner. Feels like too much delay after the punch before I can hit something.
It is quite late. You have to wait until the opponent is almost at the same height as Arnie's head. I usually do starter xx RM2, D1, D1, B31 xx CMD Grab (or 121 xx CMD grab). The D1 is easier to time since I try to crouch right after RM2, so when the animation starts I input the 1.