What's new

Running man punch followups

Harkonis

Noob
I can't seem to find the timing for continuing a juggle after the running man punch. Even if I mash the next attack is usually late. What is the timing for htis? Actually I have trouble with the timing I guess on several things of this nature. How do you do the instant air grab after F32? I never can get off the ground fast enough.

Seeing how much damage I leave on the table by not using punch and comboing instead of kick or tackle is killing me.

Agilaz

#ShangLivesMatter
Premium Supporter
Punch doesn't lead to anything if you're not in the corner. Midscreen is all about the kick/tackle mix up

In the corner I just do something like 121, running man 2, 1, B31 cmd grab

Agilaz

#ShangLivesMatter
Premium Supporter
Also, can't offer much in terms of F32 into air grab, but if I land F32 I prefer to follow up with B31x cmd grab. I prefer to save my meter for shotgun amps (SUPER good if you confirm 121/B31 into a single forward amp), running man amp tackles (16% and +42, so you can press your opponent or get a free shotgun miss for the KB) or for cmd grab amps (both for damage and the KB).

I only really amp the air grab in the corner (you can do 121 x running man, which creates a situation where they have to guess between getting grabbed and launched on a meaty hit) or midscreen if the follow-up is a guaranteed to kill.

Harkonis

Noob
I meant in the corner. I can't get the followup even in the corner. Feels like too much delay after the punch before I can hit something.

ferdog8

Noob
I meant in the corner. I can't get the followup even in the corner. Feels like too much delay after the punch before I can hit something.
It is quite late. You have to wait until the opponent is almost at the same height as Arnie's head. I usually do starter xx RM2, D1, D1, B31 xx CMD Grab (or 121 xx CMD grab). The D1 is easier to time since I try to crouch right after RM2, so when the animation starts I input the 1.