What's new

Run-ins with pro players online

So, I may have just played Dragon. When he picked Katana I was like "that's probably not actually him." Then I remembered I saw him playing her at a tournament recently, so I checked his Kombat Kard and his most played online was Cetrion. This would be my first time playing a known top-level player and I think I did okay. The first match was kinda close but the second one was a wash, complete download.

I would love to hear anyone's stories of randomly encountering pro or known players online.

Attachments

Wigy

There it is...
Dizzy, took one game, was reasonably close set but he won, he was downloading me and would have mopped me 10-0 after that set. My frost vs his Sonya.

Foxy. Actually don't think I hit him with anything but grenades. Boy is light-years ahead and was on like a 60 game streak when I got him lol.

I had to decline Sikander because of the distance and the insane 250 ms ping I was getting lol. We were both wired but region plays a key point in smooth matches.

Dizzy, took one game, was reasonably close set but he won, he was downloading me and would have mopped me 10-0 after that set. My frost vs his Sonya.

Foxy. Actually don't think I hit him with anything but grenades. Boy is light-years ahead and was on like a 60 game streak when I got him lol.
As a fan of Kung Lao, I've always wanted to play A Foxy Grampa. I would love to see how I stack-up to a true master of the character.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Last KL season I was climbing to Demi with Noob. Got matched with ForeverKing. He picked the newly released Nightwolf and still mopped me for free. Id like to think I would have performed a little better had I not been nervous that I was fighting him to begin with but it is what it is and he would have won no matter what lol

Last KL season I was climbing to Demi with Noob. Got matched with ForeverKing. He picked the newly released Nightwolf and still mopped me for free. Id like to think I would have performed a little better had I not been nervous that I was fighting him to begin with but it is what it is and he would have won no matter what lol
This was my promotion match to Grandmaster. It's interesting that even this late into the season even some of the best players are not at top ranks yet.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Ran into CrazySteady back in MKX. Don't know why but he was willing to keep using me as a training dummy for like 20min or more. I know more now about how stuff works, but I'd still eat every one of those hard to block setups.

Only other time was PartyWolf rocking a 26 win streak with Gr0h. Between him and that character I knew it was a lost cause. I basically just sat there for two matches too afraid to try anything at all. He totally didn't have to and shouldn't have given me a game 2, but did. I think I all but quit playing SC6 online afterwards.

sars

Noob
Havnt ran into any in MK11. Ran into jer and Tom Brady in injustice 2. I beat Tom but Jer waxed me. I also ran into smug in street fighter 5 one time. I think I hit him with one combo next thing I know it was over.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I definitely got mopped by GGA Max's Kotal while I was in the middle of ranking up, when he was 'Master'.. Had to recover like 100 points to make it through to Demi-God.

Progressing to God now but still salty :)

kcd117

Noob
I ended up running into many top players many times, especially in KL. Sometimes I win, sometimes I get bodied, sometimes I lose to myself... But there is something about playing good people that makes you always learn something new.

I’ll list the players I remember facing

Scar
Kombat
Sylverrye
Hayatei
Semiij
Dragon
Grr
King
Honeybee
Kevo
Ninjakilla
KP
Deoxys

Those are the matches I remember, might have had some more against other players but those were the times I felt I could take something out of it and improve. I still lose more than I win but I hope I’ll get there with time I’ll get there... rn I’m in the 30-35% win ration against the pros, my goal is to get it to at least 50%.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Only ran into empr_murk one time. I don‘t know if it really was him but it was really early in the league when he was one of the only people being elder god so I just guess it was him. I almost took the set and got him to last breath but of course I blew it in the end.

Here is the set if anyone is interested
Ignore me being on wifi lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So, I may have just played Dragon. When he picked Katana I was like "that's probably not actually him." Then I remembered I saw him playing her at a tournament recently, so I checked his Kombat Kard and his most played online was Cetrion. This would be my first time playing a known top-level player and I think I did okay. The first match was kinda close but the second one was a wash, complete download.

I would love to hear anyone's stories of randomly encountering pro or known players online.
That's him.

Agilaz

It has begun
VideoGamezYo mopped me with Kung Lao. Got matched with Deoxys and Murk but both declined due to ping. Played TheMightyUnjust a couple of times. Also played a few sets against ImStillDaDaddy's pre-patch Geras. Played asodimazze's Cetrion once.

Also ran into lots of online personalities. MurkoAiden, Sikander, DarthArma, King-Tiza, @Saltea Mike who very graciously told me he was gonna fuck my mother when he lost to me last time, and a slew of others.

I played against a bunch of names that I recognized from higher level FGC but I can't really place them in terms of fame or offline presence.

Sazbak

Noob
In Injustice 2 I played some known player: e.g. Kombat, Nivek, VideoGamezYo, Knicks, Yammini(2x), Ketchup or Mustard(don't know which).
In MK11 as far as I remember I only played Biohazard.

I took 1 game off of Knicks and Yammini(both times), and also won a few games against Nivek in a short kasual set when he was looking for someone to practice against on his stream.

I also got matched against KP, Forever King and Tweedy in Injustice 2 but I declined because of the ping.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
In MKX, I played Scar when he came to PC and it of course never ended well. Actually went even with Beyond Toxin's Sun God, but then he switched to a character that wasn't brand new and mopped me.

In i2, I don't remember playing pros outside a couple of ranked matches with Nivek and one with Madzin. Oh, DJT was looking for people to mop on his stream and I volunteered once.

In this game, I played a long set against Videogamesyo's Noob. I was lucky to get a round, almost had one game, but I kept choking very hard everytime I actually got a combo.

Theo destroyed me. Never played a sub half that good.

I ended up running into many top players many times, especially in KL. Sometimes I win, sometimes I get bodied, sometimes I lose to myself... But there is something about playing good people that makes you always learn something new.

I’ll list the players I remember facing

Scar
Kombat
Sylverrye
Hayatei
Semiij
Dragon
Grr
King
Honeybee
Kevo
Ninjakilla
KP
Deoxys

Those are the matches I remember, might have had some more against other players but those were the times I felt I could take something out of it and improve. I still lose more than I win but I hope I’ll get there with time I’ll get there... rn I’m in the 30-35% win ration against the pros, my goal is to get it to at least 50%.
That's quite the list. Don't know if I should be jealous or thankful.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
back in mkx I ran into tweedy before he started competing offline and was just an online dude. after the set he messaged me asking if I wanted to run a set and then proceeded to destroy me 25-1

Pangolin-man

My trusty sidekick is not amused!
I ran into EMP Theo once playing Injustice 2. I had Atrocitus and he was playing Starfire I think. He was probably trying a new character. I actually took his first health bar before he took mine. Then, he bodied me silly for the next 2 and a half matches. He was just downloading me for the first bar and then made short work of me after the download was complete.

My greatest achievement in fighting games is taking his first bar. I am quite proud of myself, LOL. He was so much better than me it was hilarious. I had a good time nevertheless.