What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Run Cancels

Tri-Zero

The Crispy Canceler
Anybody have any tips on how to jail it? I'm literally sitting here pissing myself off because I'm just at a complete loss on when exactly you input this bs, either I'm going too fast or too slow.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Anybody have any tips on how to jail it? I'm literally sitting here pissing myself off because I'm just at a complete loss on when exactly you input this bs, either I'm going too fast or too slow.
Sadly there is no trick to it. Just practice.

Tri-Zero

The Crispy Canceler
Like, i can jail it. But it's VERY inconsistent. Like I'm not holding square long enough? I really don't know at this point

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Practice it very slowly and then gradually speed it up till you can jail ONE rep of it everytime - then move on to trying two reps. This won't be something you just 'get' straight away. It'll take a lot of practice unless you're experienced with high execution in NRS games. Braindead's post is really funny, but really true lol

Tri-Zero

The Crispy Canceler
Practice it very slowly and then gradually speed it up till you can jail ONE rep of it everytime - then move on to trying two reps. This won't be something you just 'get' straight away. It'll take a lot of practice unless you're experienced with high execution in NRS games. Braindead's post is really funny, but really true lol
Eh, i'm fairly experienced in high execution. Sorry, i should say "WAS" because i had dropped MK9 for 3 years to play some shitty party brawler. im starting to get my execution back, but i feel like whenever i mess up, i just kinda...lose it and get increasingly frustrated at myself. i can run cancel just fine, but idk, i made this thread because someone poked me out of all of them so i decided to ask for help

Tl;dr: Took 3 years off of fighting games, now i'm bad.

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
Yeah do it slowly, and don't forget that you can plug in the fireball input immediately after the f213, hold square for the cancel and just watch the animation finish up. The moment you see him draw his hands back for the the fireball, thats when you gotta double tap forward and tap R2, and obvs release square

Tri-Zero

The Crispy Canceler
Yeah do it slowly, and don't forget that you can plug in the fireball input immediately after the f213, hold square for the cancel and just watch the animation finish up. The moment you see him draw his hands back for the the fireball, thats when you gotta double tap forward and tap R2, and obvs release square
I see, i'll try that. Thanks

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
im having trouble jailing it too. im about 3-4 frames slow it seems because i can jail reptiles regular slide but not his ex. anyway it seems like maybe you can buffer the first dash of the run and then simultaneously hit the 2nd dash and run button once the FB animation starts? is that how you guys are doing it or are you putting dash dash run in sequential order.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Every game has a grind to it. Every job and hobby, for that matter, has a grind to it as well.

Execution is the grind of fighting games. Can't bypass it.
Try to get into the mindset that the more you do it the better you get at it and just repeat for a while then go do something else.
It works for me this way, anyway.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
ill buy you a few frames

do f213 fbrc when inputting the RC use forward, forward and then Right trigger + f2 at the same time.

so now its simple. Input f213 fireball. Then when coming up to the cancel window press forward forward and as soon as the cancel window is open hit right trigger and f2.

To find the earliest point into which the cancel window is open for any character just do a 'forward jump' cancel. Because diagonal up is a continuous input it will action on the screen far easier than a button press.

Keep doing the diagonal jump cancel until you can get a feel for the timing, again this will take time. To jail any cancel you want to run cancel "Half of a stamina bar" If you can cancel with half remaining then it was very close to frame perfect. If you take away 3/4 of the first bar, its wrong; tell your brain its wrong and start again.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'm sure you know to set AI to block always and armoured reversal.

But my tips are

1.set energy to infinite till you get semi comfortable. But make sure you don't get too use to this as it can affect you in game

2.wire your brain to where to run by just doing run crouch block from the strings you're cancelling and try to cancel into block as early as you can

3,your focus now should be getting the correct inputs out consistently so forget how fast you cancel at this point just find a window that you're getting getting your correct inputs out comfortably(and no accidental fireball) and then cancel the run slightly earlier than before to where you're a little uncomfortable and keep doing it till your comfortable and reduce the run a little again and again till you get it to jail

4.Make sure you practice this equally from both sides do not move on with default side till you are at or near the same level with your right side. I know it's more work but it's worth it and I'm suffering from not doing this early on. It's because practice mode sets the player one side from default so don't usually practice from our other side.

5.Keep practicing. Different cancels have different timing so you want to make sure you feel comfortable with them all.

This is an older thread I know but I only recently made an account so...
If you are still playing Liu Kang after the recent nerfs his cancels are going to feel very off putting, just as A-List players feel I assume. When I first picked up Liu Kang, I found that my biggest issue was that I would input the cancels as such: F123 BF1 FFR2 F123 when in actuality you do not have to press forward twice and instead you can input it as F123 BF1 FFR2 123, holding down F from the second input of the run. I'm an unaware as to whether this is common knowledge but I know that is what always held me back. Secondly, the buffer window for cancels allow you to put the run input earlier than the fireball animation. If you were to input F123 BF1, and then quickly input the run without inputting any other inputs, you will notice that after a short pause, Liu will run despite you not inputting the run when he starts the running animation. I noticed that this especially helps with D'vorah's cancels. This delay will give you a reprieve as you orient your fingers from the run input to the 1234 inputs. Once again I am unaware as to whether this is common knowledge or not, but I thought that I would share how I learned them.