What's new

Rumor: Mortal Kombat Kollection Online (Klassic MK!) for PS4/Xbox One/Switch/PC

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I am worried about the updated balance/animations. These look like entirely different games compared to the originals.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
We never have gotten the classic MK games with a good port AND good netcode.
Maybe not as good as MK X, I2 or MK 11's netcode but we've gotten playable ports of the games. But I always welcome improvements of course.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
For UMK3, even casually the game is super fun and nostalgic. I’ve never played a fighter where I enjoyed losing as much as I did when I was learning UMK3.

I really hope we get some sorta confirmation on this soon because I have a bad feeling I’m gonna be disappointed for like the 10th time and this actually isn’t gonna come out.

MKF30

Anyone have the 1up Arcade cab? I've heard nothing but good things about it from reviews. I can't get that sadly until I have more money though.

I hope this is true. I would pick it up in a heartbeat. Being a collection though, I don't see why they would add in the remaining games that followed (not any that were ports), but I could see where and how that could take a while. If these comes, hopefully it will push them to do the remaining ones.

Borics

Banned
I really hope this is true. I’m so tired of seeing a bunch of these fake home-brewed versions of MK2/UMK3. I can’t stress enough how marvelous this would be if it’s true because the last almost decade has been incredibly dark for the classic MK series. I’ve seen everyone and their mother release their own versions of MK2 and UMK3 and it makes me visibly sick. Lets be honest for a second, I can rub shoe polish all over my face, tweeze my hair and sing “I’m Eighteen” but it doesn’t make me Alice Cooper, alright? So, an official release of the classics from NRS is just what us fans need.

Bo

MKF30

Even mame has all the version or most anyway, is that still running or are those servers down?

Hope this happens, the day it does I'm challenging every person on here who praises MK 11 as the best MK game and show them what a REAL MK game is. Namely UMK3. A game without gimmicks, yes. So much fun classic MK is.

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I really hope this is true. I’m so tired of seeing a bunch of these fake home-brewed versions of MK2/UMK3. I can’t stress enough how marvelous this would be if it’s true because the last almost decade has been incredibly dark for the classic MK series. I’ve seen everyone and their mother release their own versions of MK2 and UMK3 and it makes me visibly sick. Lets be honest for a second, I can rub shoe polish all over my face, tweeze my hair and sing “I’m Eighteen” but it doesn’t make me Alice Cooper, alright? So, an official release of the classics from NRS is just what us fans need.

Bo
you DO realize you can just play the normal versions of MK1-3 on MAME just fine right? just because of mods existing, that doesn't invalidate the existence of the normal unaltered versions. (And FYI, I'd absolutely welcome an official release from NRS - but that isn't what I'm focusing on this post.)
Seriously, what's the problem with people MERELY making MK1-3 mods? this is not the first time I've seen someone bitch about people modding MK1-3 (what's worse is that this isn't even specifically about bad mods which at least I can understand to an extent, but just the ACT of making mods for the games). It's nice to see new content being made (in some shape or form) for those games (like MK2+ with playable bosses and fucking hornbuckle as an excellent example)
And if you don't like it, ya don't play it, ya know?

MKF30

you DO realize you can just play the normal versions of MK1-3 on MAME just fine right? just because of mods existing, that doesn't invalidate the existence of the normal unaltered versions. (And FYI, I'd absolutely welcome an official release from NRS - but that isn't what I'm focusing on this post.)
Seriously, what's the problem with people MERELY making MK1-3 mods? this is not the first time I've seen someone bitch about people modding MK1-3 (what's worse is that this isn't even specifically about bad mods which at least I can understand to an extent, but just the ACT of making mods for the games). It's nice to see new content being made (in some shape or form) for those games (like MK2+ with playable bosses and fucking hornbuckle as an excellent example)
And if you don't like it, ya don't play it, ya know?
I guess that answers my question about MAME. Thanks.