What's new

Rumor: Mortal Kombat Kollection Online (Klassic MK!) for PS4/Xbox One/Switch/PC

C-Sword

Noob
The Pan European Game Information board has ratedMortal Kombat Kollection Online” for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Mortal Kombat Kollection Online was a collection including remastered versions of the first three Mortal Kombat games developed by Blind Squirrel Games. As of April 2019, it was reportedly cancelled. The new rating suggests the project may still be in the works.

Here is the full visible extent of the description provided by PEGI:
Mortal Kombat Kollection Online is the original Mortal Kombat trilogy that Mortal Kombat fans always wanted. Upgraded art, gameplay, and online features provide an incredible experience that revive the “klassics”…

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/mortal-kombat-kollection-online-rated-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-in-europe

https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=mortal+kombat&op=Search&filter-age[]=&filter-descriptor[]=&filter-publisher=&filter-platform[]=&filter-release-year[]=&page=1&form_build_id=form-I8iipc6HOu5WB4iBed661UCkZaOZpr_SWmPwSrMyfcM&form_id=pegi_search_form

Last edited:

Perk

coffee now
would absolutely love this. I've been starting to backtrack and collect the old games, but really want to get in the mix with buddies in UMK3 from time to time online. Easy sell.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Hope it’s true and actually a thing. I’ll reserve my excitement until it’s confirmed. This thing has been cancelled before

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
"People don't like older games."

Let's see how true that statement is when this classic remaster hits with GGPO. I guarantee there's gonna be a huge community of players online that will be playing these.

Hoping MKT makes it into the mix.
Will be hella players if this actually comes out. I’m ready to teach anyone who is willing, as I’m sure you are. And since you got a decent twitch following, as does Ketchup, LIJoe and others, could help promote the game a lot.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Hopefully more information will be released soon. Even if it’s unfortunate news that it is cancelled again (or still cancelled?). Just don’t want to get my hopes up and hyped up for no reason... again.

This potentially could make me the happiest person or the most depressed, no in between lmao.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I never lost access to my copies of the arcade games, so I don't really care. Need better ways to play the PS2 era games tho
It’s not about having access to copies of the games, it’s about a way to reliably, consistently and conveniently play them, especially online. These games, especially UMK3, still have a following. And people still want to get into them. The #1 roadblock is accessibility. Then it’s finding a good port, then finding one with good netcode (which doesn’t currently exist, btw).

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I never lost access to my copies of the arcade games, so I don't really care. Need better ways to play the PS2 era games tho
This could bring back a consistent online presence to MK2 and UMK3, two classics that are loved by a TON of people. That alone carries a lot of potential value for NRS to release something like this. Toss in the fact that crossplay is officially a thing now and you have a lovely stew of fun.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
It’s not about having access to copies of the games, it’s about a way to reliably, consistently and conveniently play them, especially online. These games, especially UMK3, still have a following. And people still want to get into them. The #1 roadblock is accessibility. Then it’s finding a good port, then finding one with good netcode (which doesn’t currently exist, btw).
I get that, I was talking about for myself tho. I don't play these games on that level, so online play doesn't interest me.

I don't even really fuck with the arcade era like that anyway. I only bought the Arcade1up cab as a decoration lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'd like to think this was supposed to be part of MK11 at some point. Remember when they kept hyping up this 'big thing' in MK11? And we got...towers and 'ranked'? Lmao.

But then again, I know that they probably wouldn't release classic games you can play online since I am 100% sure playtime on MK11 would drop drastically. What MK fan doesn't wanna play UMK3 KOTH with their online buddies?

If it's released I'm sure it'll be tied to MK11 in some way shape or form. But that's just my suspicion.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I'd like to think this was supposed to be part of MK11 at some point. Remember when they kept hyping up this 'big thing' in MK11? And we got...towers and 'ranked'? Lmao.

But then again, I know that they probably wouldn't release classic games you can play online since I am 100% sure playtime on MK11 would drop drastically. What MK fan doesn't wanna play UMK3 KOTH with their online buddies?

If it's released I'm sure it'll be tied to MK11 in some way shape or form. But that's just my suspicion.
All I know is if this is actually a thing, gonna have to dust off my PS4. Because I’ll get it on all 3 systems. I want to be able to play with everyone.