What's new

Rumor: Mortal Kombat Kollection Online (Klassic MK!) for PS4/Xbox One/Switch/PC

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Everything I’ve said in all of these posts is true. I’ve even opened up to you guys about my problems back home with my Brother-in-law as well. I don’t say things just to hear myself talk, these are legitimate things I’m bringing up and no one can deny that. Maybe I am a bit of a purist but when it comes to tournaments and how the public perceives things, then I think it’s important that we have integrity and accessibility in mind at the very least. I’m not new to this stuff Guy.
Cool, so if you what you said about the network of players is true, and there's evidence of them and their wrongdoing, surely you can post it then? Again, what's stopping you from proving with evidence that these claims are indisputably true? Unless you are trolling of course, in which case, please stop. You are embarrasing yourself.

Borics

Banned
Cool, so if you what you said about the network of players is true, and there's evidence of them and their wrongdoing, surely you can post it then? Again, what's stopping you from proving with evidence that these claims are indisputably true? Unless you are trolling of course, in which case, please stop. You are embarrasing yourself.
I’ve had reputable players agree with me, so you can keep kidding yourself but I think the reason you’re so invested in this topic is because you spend your free time modding. You’re like personally taking offense to this or something? You’re all good Guy, I’m not talking about you and if you’ve made any mod then I’ve never heard of but like I said, I’m not mentioning names. Anybody who’s anybody on this site knows who I’m talking about. It wasn’t ok to homie-rig PlayStation 1 pads to an arcade cabinet 10 years ago and it’s not today either. Homie rigging arcade cabinets and making people play your fake ports is borderline-psychotic imo and it’s this kind of behavior that kills the legacy of a game. I’m sure this doesn’t help Boon sleep any well at night to know that some random guy in a trench-coat gets to decide which fake version of UMK3 is more superior compared to Boon’s official releases. Arcade Kollection got a post-release patch, it was fine. Boon even gave all of us cheap Arcade sticks to play the damn thing on too and it still wasn’t enough for this certain “Network” of individuals.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I’ve had reputable players agree with me, so you can keep kidding yourself but I think the reason you’re so invested in this topic is because you spend your free time modding. You’re like personally taking offense to this or something? You’re all good Guy, I’m not talking about you and if you’ve made any mod then I’ve never heard of but like I said, I’m not mentioning names. Anybody who’s anybody on this site knows who I’m talking about. It wasn’t ok to homie-rig PlayStation 1 pads to an arcade cabinet 10 years ago and it’s not today either. Homie rigging arcade cabinets and making people play your fake ports is borderline-psychotic imo and it’s this kind of behavior that kills the legacy of a game. I’m sure this doesn’t help Boon sleep any well at night to know that some random guy in a trench-coats gets to decide which fake version of UMK3 is more superior compared to Boon’s official releases. Arcade Kollection got a post-release patch, it was fine. Boon even gave all of us cheap Arcade sticks to play the damn thing on to and it still wasn’t enough for this certain “Network” of individuals.
Ermm, no?
I'm just asking for evidence because ya know, it would be nice to see your claims backed up? You just come across as a troll to anyone on this site lmao, assuming you are actually trying to make a point.
Also, I don't recall MKAK's patch fixing the additional input delay or the sound glitches (which MK2 has a fuckton of)
Here's an input delay test for various versions of UMK3:
MKAK has an additional 2 frames, even post patch, resulting in 6 frames of input delay in total while arcade and even emulating rev 1.2 on mame 0.72 only have 4 in total.

Fuck even ded commented on this on the same fucking video: "What a great vid, Hanzo! I always mentioned the old MAME versions are almost as accurate as arcade. Please, do the same for PS3 MKAK and PC MKAK (and MK2/PSN)! PS3 version of Arcade Kollection has such an incredible delay, even offline, that I suck against CPU... "

Fine my ass, even one of the best players of UMK3, ded (the same one who put a like on your post) complained about that.

Shit, this is even further proof you are just trolling and failing miserably lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Yeah MKAK isn’t a good port. The input delay and issues killed that version for me. Buffering inputs is a key part of high level UMK3 and on the MKAK version you cannot buffer inputs consistently because of the input issues.

Reactions: NSR

So Tony Marquez just posted this video today on Instagram of his son playing Kung Lao in the HD remake. As you can see he said in the comments it’s too bad it got canceled. Who knows, I guess we’ll probably find out in a couple weeks if it or another HD remake project gets revealed

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
HD digitized graphics look like shit. Go look at Death Cargo, that's what an HD remake of the arcade games would look like. The characters looked great back then because they were so blurry, but go look at the behind the scenes videos at how horrible those costumes actually were. Best way to do MK remake would be with 2d sprites imo. Mortal Kombat looks like a bad Power Rangers knockoff when it's in live action

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MK looks far better than PR in live action.

That's cool how his son played KL too. I don't even care if the graphics aren't as "spectacular" as todays games, will be my left nut it'll still play better than MK 11 and that's good enough for me.

I want this badly since I'm so used to xb1 controller now I can barely play umk3 on my 360,, and it would bring a big new community of ppl to play with and umk3 is my fav fg like ever I miss it sp

MKF30

I don't see anything that confirms today is the day they're supposed to confirm MK HD???

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't see anything that confirms today is the day they're supposed to confirm MK HD???
There was a rumor a while back that said that they are going to announce the HD Kollection at Final Kombat, along with Shang Tsung being an announcer in the game along with the stuff they already said they would show which is the Scorpion's Revenge movie trailer and MK11 Spawn gameplay trailer. They also said that at the end of Spawn's trailer there will be a tease for Kombat Pack 2.

Personally, I don't believe it but I guess we'll see if it's real soon enough. I will say that it's possible with all of the cancellations happening, maybe NRS/WB did a complete change of plans and will be announcing that stuff later when they have a bigger audience -- assuming the rumor was correct and they were going to announce that stuff, of course.

MKF30

There was a rumor a while back that said that they are going to announce the HD Kollection at Final Kombat, along with Shang Tsung being an announcer in the game along with the stuff they already said they would show which is the Scorpion's Revenge movie trailer and MK11 Spawn gameplay trailer. They also said that at the end of Spawn's trailer there will be a tease for Kombat Pack 2.

Personally, I don't believe it but I guess we'll see if it's real soon enough. I will say that it's possible with all of the cancellations happening, maybe NRS/WB did a complete change of plans and will be announcing that stuff later when they have a bigger audience -- assuming the rumor was correct and they were going to announce that stuff, of course.
hmm interesting, yeah the HD kollection rumor I had no idea about. The other stuff I've read or heard about though. Hope so, I think there will be some sort of tease for KP2 hopefully but we'll see. We know the Scorp movie is coming in April so they don't have to show us anything with that unless it's a clip of a fatality you know? Would be neat. Maybe they'll change plans to announce some other stuff especially if they plan on cancelling events for safety.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I want this badly since I'm so used to xb1 controller now I can barely play umk3 on my 360,, and it would bring a big new community of ppl to play with and umk3 is my fav fg like ever I miss it sp
You can use an XB1 controller on MAME

You can use an XB1 controller on MAME
Yeah I just don't have a PC hooked up ATM I need a new monitor. I used to play on MAME years ago but used keyboard back then.

If I do hook up the PC sometime I'm sure someone on here would be happy to help get me back set up. Idk what the preferred version is anymore.

Back when I played it was MAME V .64 I think, with the Juggernaut hack version of the game but this was like 7 years ago now.

Either way I want umk to come to xb1 just for the amount of players it would bring in. Its a pretty niche game nowadays and while people do still play the numbers aren't great, granted its mostly skilled players