What's new

Match Footage - Konjurer RubMyTaco (Grandmaster) vs Colby (Konjurer) FT3

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
This was ft3 from Taco's stream on friday.

I get bodied but it demonstrates some setups konjurer is capable of.

Even though I lost I think this is possibly a bad matchup for Grandmaster because the tail ignores the clone.

I know I'm bad but feel free to tell me in the comments anyway.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
@colby4898
I wouldn't say you got bodied.
But MKXL is a game of small victories and his outweighed yours in the the long run...
1) ice ball and drone drop trades
2) consistent 30% combo damage
3) ice clone spacing
Yours
1) using tail grab to neglect ice clone
2) using hard to blockables Midscreen
3) safe egg setups.
The only thing I would tell you about this my is..
1) without egg plant behind a sub player the momentum is in their favor
2) trades almost always are in their favor unless (egg vs ice ball) which ours is a hard knockdown.
3) use crawl more against ice ball instead of drone call it builds meter gets you closer and doesn't trade..
4) try doing more block strings..
Ex: s1, 214, tail grab

colby4898

@colby4898
I wouldn't say you got bodied.
But MKXL is a game of small victories and his outweighed yours in the the long run...
1) ice ball and drone drop trades
2) consistent 30% combo damage
3) ice clone spacing
Yours
1) using tail grab to neglect ice clone
2) using hard to blockables Midscreen
3) safe egg setups.
The only thing I would tell you about this my is..
1) without egg plant behind a sub player the momentum is in their favor
2) trades almost always are in their favor unless (egg vs ice ball) which ours is a hard knockdown.
3) use crawl more against ice ball instead of drone call it builds meter gets you closer and doesn't trade..
4) try doing more block strings..
Ex: s1, 214, tail grab
Thanks for the advice.

I know I definitely need to use more strings. I think b1 is a good move as well because it's +2. The only thing I don't like about this varitaion is that theres nothing safe to cancel strings into like in acidic you have the acid spit and in tarkaten the rekkas. We have bf4 but there's usually a gap.

What do you do after f21414? Because anything you cancel into is either unsafe or has a gap and the string itsself is -14.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone

Even though I lost I think this is possibly a bad matchup for Grandmaster because the tail ignores the clone.

Use the tail more and the dash, like @FROST_ said. I'm honestly not familiar with the match up, but you did well. If you use those two tools more/better, you'll give GM a really hard time.

colby4898

Use the tail more and the dash, like @FROST_ said. I'm honestly not familiar with the match up, but you did well. If you use those two tools more/better, you'll give GM a really hard time.
Thanks, maybe we could play again at some point that would be cool. I just played like a 40 game set with @st9rm and that was really fun. I only won like 12 games though haha
I'm just enjoying the variation so much I don't even care when I lose lol

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick

This is the first time I'm seeing konjurer in action and all I have to say is that this is the best theme any variation has offered this far

Even its appearance. Its head... OMG its head

#whensprometheus2

Reactions: jmt

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Thanks for the advice.

I know I definitely need to use more strings. I think b1 is a good move as well because it's +2. The only thing I don't like about this varitaion is that theres nothing safe to cancel strings into like in acidic you have the acid spit and in tarkaten the rekkas. We have bf4 but there's usually a gap.
Hmmm if you want a move with no gap id do bf1 but you can do drone and it great to punish reversals.

What do you do after f21414? Because anything you cancel into is either unsafe or has a gap and the string itsself is -14.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
This MU is all about reads.

Your game play is good and you probably know what is needed to be done its just execution. Subs slide is a huge worry for us in the MU and makes up play differently and more scared, never mind the ice clone.

• Never do f134 into ex drone drop midscreen. Corner is fine but midscreen its just never going to work out, you don't have the time to run in and b3 and keep everything legit and worry about their wakeups AND follow up with a decent combo into eggs summon. We don't have the stamina and its hard.
  • Be more patient, you don't have to spam tail snag every time hes in range, you got full combo punished because he chose to jump in a lot. I seen you anti air, it should be a combo punish in your favor.
  • Work on your anti air combos; you did the hard bit landing the up3, follow up with something hard hitting - into set-up. Ok found something its not hard knockdown up3, b11up4, f134 egg (26%) easy no runs neededs most the time. Most damage I could find Up3 iaNJP, run, F134 df3 (29%) meterless.
  • Use the overhead (F4) after a jump in. Its all about randomness, most people now know to block low against alien and react to the tail flip. Sometimes maybe once every 3 games a random overhead will catch them off guard. In regards to options, I have overhead into exdrone drone drop and stuff, it keeps us safe and the opponent needs to play our game. (Obviously 80% of the time we want to F134)
  • Work on what happens after you manage to land ex- tail flip. You were doing like 15% damage into egg summon. I think we can do 24-26% with egg summon. ex tail flip run b11u4 run 112 egg. (If opponents knows this isn't safe replace with b11up4, f23 egg)
  • Now it gets more tricky I will be making a video possibly today, when we use 112 egg, we can place it behind someone. Its next level and I cba explaining it all here, but it leads to our most damaging 1 bar mid-screen combos (from a punish) AND gives us more options than egg summon on their head. You won't do this every egg summon its a read and a conditioning tool, I will make a video hopefully today. It also has glitched corner carry against Mileena, cage, sub-zero due to crawl hitting in the same frames.
  • I spent a lot of timing practicing what to do when we finally get a crawler to land. Now a common thing it to use ex drone and b3, however b3 has long start up and the timing window is extremely tight to get the launcher. I originally just did ex drone drop b3 egg summon, I just wanted the unblockable and a new egg, but I have found something I find easier and hopefully stops people from just using run throw to stop the set-up.
Ok you asked about F23434, its a great string ending with tail flip or tail snag is really strong the opponents just have to make a read as they are unreactable mostly. You were doing this. HOWEVER I noticed that conditioning my opponents to block all of F23434 means that ending it at just F23 and using grab worked! Won't work all the time but it works a lot! Think of like Takedas F12 he can stop it and grab, so can we here. If they read that your going to grab and you don't AWESOME we can confirm the last bit into Ex crawl b11up4 112 egg!

Ultimately when people finally learn how to play against Alien we need to use everything we can to our advantage. So hopefully we can find loads of stuff and share it. I will make some videos, I'm not a good player but some good players might pick it up.

Edit: One big thing, Ex tail snag is plus 32, throw out a far egg summon (ex egg safe) ! It's cheeky but it works.

Last edited:

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
This MU is all about reads.

Your game play is good and you probably know what is needed to be done its just execution. Subs slide is a huge worry for us in the MU and makes up play differently and more scared, never mind the ice clone.

• Never do f134 into ex drone drop midscreen. Corner is fine but midscreen its just never going to work out, you don't have the time to run in and b3 and keep everything legit and worry about their wakeups AND follow up with a decent combo into eggs summon. We don't have the stamina and its hard.
  • Be more patient, you don't have to spam tail snag every time hes in range, you got full combo punished because he chose to jump in a lot. I seen you anti air, it should be a combo punish in your favor.
  • Work on your anti air combos; you did the hard bit landing the up3, follow up with something hard hitting - into set-up.
  • Use the overhead (F4) after a jump in. Its all about randomness, most people now know to block low against alien and react to the tail flip. Sometimes maybe once every 3 games a random overhead will catch them off guard. In regards to options, I have overhead into exdrone drone drop and stuff, it keeps us safe and the opponent needs to play our game. (Obviously 80% of the time we want to F134)
  • Work on what happens after you manage to land ex- tail flip. You were doing like 15% damage into egg summon. I think we can do 24-26% with egg summon. ex tail flip run b11u4 run 112 egg
  • Now it gets more tricky I will be making a video possibly today, when we use 112 egg, we can place it behind someone. Its next level and I cba explaining it all here, but it leads to our most damaging 1 bar mid-screen combos (from a punish) AND gives us more options than egg summon on their head. You won't do this every egg summon its a read and a conditioning tool, I will make a video hopefully today. It also has glitched corner carry against Mileena, cage, sub-zero due to crawl hitting in the same frames.
  • I spent a lot of timing practicing what to do when we finally get a crawler to land. Now a common thing it to use ex drone and b3, however b3 has long start up and the timing window is extremely tight to get the launcher. I originally just did ex drone drop b3 egg summon, I just wanted the unblockable and a new egg, but I have found something I find easier and hopefully stops people from just using run throw to stop the set-up.
Ok you asked about F23434, its a great string ending with tail flip or tail snag is really strong the opponents just have to make a read as they are unreactable mostly. You were doing this. HOWEVER I noticed that conditioning my opponents to block all of F23434 means that ending it at just F23 and using grab worked! Won't work all the time but it works a lot! Think of like Takedas F12 he can stop it and grab, so can we here. If they read that your going to grab and you don't AWESOME we can confirm the last bit into Ex crawl b11up4 112 egg!

Ultimately when people finally learn how to play against Alien we need to use everything we can to our advantage. So hopefully we can find loads of stuff and share it. I will make some videos, I'm not a good player but some good players might pick it up.
Very well said and wrote out.

colby4898

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. The only thing I disagreed with was the bit I quoted. You can't follow up with a high damag combo but you can follow up with a hard to blokable using b3, no run needed if they don't tech roll, and if they do just a small run into b3 will catch them. Sure it's not much damage for 1 meter but I think it's worth throwing out every now and then. Maybe not as often as I did though.

loogie

Noob
Thanks for the advice.

f134 is my go-to string with Alien, not the f23434. Has a faster startup and is safer (no gaps).