What's new

Rose Tinted glasses Time... injustice II Edition.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Starfire only has 2 losing matchups, that being Adam and Supergirl, but incidently it's the two most played characters online, too.
Which makes me not want to reinstall.
Play people from here who don't use those characters. I, for instance, main Cyborg, and I'd love to get some games in against your Starfire

Someone with a couple hours to play every week can strive all they like, tbh. I have no delusions.
For the mere mortal, Injustice 2's matchups are quite a doozy.
I don't think there's a character in that game that doesn't have a matchup or two where they struggle.
Starfire only has 2 losing matchups, that being Adam and Supergirl, but incidently it's the two most played characters online, too.
Which makes me not want to reinstall.

I'd rather play 15 Scorpions in a row with Jade or 15 Cetrions as Jax, or 15 Gerases as Kabal, still.
Well it is what it is but tbf those characters aren't really popular online anymore we're in the age of Grodd apparently

portent

Noob
I mean, honestly, wouldn't the best way to play now just simply be to get a TYM based KOTH or room and just play for fun? I love this game still and def would play, even if I had my ass handed to me.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
If you like the game then play it. Idk why people act like these games dont exist anymore. Stop worrying about online clout or tournament money you will never win anyway and just play what you want. In the last 3 months I have played Igau, Mk9, I2, and Mk11 (not MKX tho lul) as well as plenty of other non-NRS fighters

MuMuGuy

Noob
I missed I2 when it was relevant because I was finishing my Doctoral thesis and was scared off by MKX’s paper airplane netcode at launch. I like I2 more than MK11, which I dislike and actually find just as bad as SF5’s launch build and KoF14 (trash game). It takes me too long to find matches in I2 since Rooms seem dead and I encounter too many Wi-Fi users, so I had to drop the game.

I don’t mind the zoning, and actually enjoy a game with strong zoning. I wish more games had strong zoning, but it doesn’t look as good on a stream as mindless rushdown and comeback robbery.

I enjoyed using Enchantress the most thus far, reminds me a lot of Zatanna and Killer Frost, my alts in IGAU (my main was Hawkgirl).

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
After watching Hayatei play Robin I truly believe that If you work on the MU there isn't any MU that's unwinnable in inj2 unless your opponent is a lot more skilled than you.
He got shut down hard playing Robin later on the games life cycle

portent

Noob
The thing is, INJ2 isn't a game where each character is difficult to learn. Some characters may not fit your style, but the characters themselves, as @Mikemetroid alluded to, use fairly homogenous combos of opener, string, b3/background bounce, j3, string, special ender. Learn your character's mids and better strings, become familiar with the frames and go have fun. I'm not great at INJ2, but I was proficient enough to feel that I won more than I lost against my fair share of online scrubs, LOL.

I def still enjoy it to this day.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I mean, it's clear that they were going for more of an MK2 feel with MK11 over MKXL's UMK3 feel. I get it. I liked MK2 and UMK3, much the same way I like MKXL and MK11. They're different games, and I expect different things from them. If I want hype, long combos and flip-floppy 50/50 gameplay, I have MKXL. If I want shorter combos and a game that's more directed at slower pace and space control, I have MK11. If I want something entirely different, I have Injustice 2. It's honestly win/win/win for me.
Imo it’s amazing how many people don’t realize this.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
He got shut down hard playing Robin later on the games life cycle
He got 2nd at Vienality 2018, and finished top 8 in EVO 2018, SoCal Regionals 2018, and the Injustice Season 2 finals. Those were all later on in the games life cycle. I don't know if I'd call that getting shut down hard.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The thing is, INJ2 isn't a game where each character is difficult to learn. Some characters may not fit your style, but the characters themselves, as @Mikemetroid alluded to, use fairly homogenous combos of opener, string, b3/background bounce, j3, string, special ender. Learn your character's mids and better strings, become familiar with the frames and go have fun. I'm not great at INJ2, but I was proficient enough to feel that I won more than I lost against my fair share of online scrubs, LOL.

I def still enjoy it to this day.
I thought it was a nice mix where you could obviously easily pick up almost any character and find some basic bnb's that weren't too hard to execute, but then most characters had some more advanced set ups you could try and learn if you wanted to try and learn a character more in depth.

My favorite NRS game was Injustice 1 and with the exception of Batgirl and MMH I think it had a good cast by the end. I really enjoyed playing that game with Sinestro and finding new tech. I've loved every NRS game since MK9 but Injustice really got me hooked on them

Rizz091

Noob
Loved Injustice 2 and still play it. I find games very easily. Def from a gameplay perspective I enjoy it more than any mk.

It just felt like you had more interactions with your opponent in Injustice vs mk. Like I truly felt like I outplayed my opponent in multiple assets when I win an Injustice set.

Still enjoying mk11 too tho. They bring different things to the table for me.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The funny part is that people hated on Injustice 2 all throughout it’s life. There was plenty of “Thank god MK11 is coming to save us”.

I can’t wait for the “I miss MK11” era. You know it’s coming :p
It just shows how well nrs can underachieve themselves in implementing frustrating shit.
I'm pretty sure there are people on the team who actually think of how to make the most frustrating nonsense in these games.

I was a swamp thing main and even though he was bad for pretty much the entire game it didn't matter at my level so I had a lot of fun playing him. Loved the unique style and moves on that character. Has there ever been another character with a projectile command grab?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Love the game but I just think the system mechanics and certain character designs led to the meta being too defensive with too slow of a pace. There's two healthbars so every hit counts and life leads are extremely important. The end of your lifebar is a reset of neutral rather than a new round. Large stage/screen size encourages walking back. Projectiles are strong with plenty of moves that hit mid which pressures you from full screen and you build meter as you use your projectiles, so you use your projectiles as much as you can. Meter gives you combos, allows you to escape pressure and general defense with armored B3/F3s and it gives you Clash advantage which means more health and more chances to live. Wakeup options are also strong so you can get off the ground. It just pushed the meta to a point that was heavily defensive and while that had merit, it got old for me.

portent

Noob
Love the game but I just think the system mechanics and certain character designs led to the meta being too defensive with too slow of a pace. There's two healthbars so every hit counts and life leads are extremely important. The end of your lifebar is a reset of neutral rather than a new round. Large stage/screen size encourages walking back. Projectiles are strong with plenty of moves that hit mid which pressures you from full screen and you build meter as you use your projectiles, so you use your projectiles as much as you can. Meter gives you combos, allows you to escape pressure and general defense with armored B3/F3s and it gives you Clash advantage which means more health and more chances to live. Wakeup options are also strong so you can get off the ground. It just pushed the meta to a point that was heavily defensive and while that had merit, it got old for me.
While I agree, for me, I prefer a slightly more defensive game. I like MKXL, but of the 5 (MK9, INJ1, MKXL, INJ2 and MK11) MKXL ranks #4 for me mainly because it's all offense. The last bastion of defensive options was removed from MKXL when they removed armored launchers giving full flip-flop unga bunga pressure free reign. I accepted the game for what it was, and I enjoy MKXL for what it is, especially the high flying combos (they're awesome), I'll take a game with some defensive options over all offense all the time any day.