What's new

Robo Smoke

x099x

Noob
Robot Smoke pisses me off if a n00b is using him. I used to lose to them all the time because I would play as Cyrax against them (his uppercut completely whiffs a blocked teleport uppercut), so I have started picking Kano to fight them. All I do is do his aHP combo that does 37% damage, and when they teleport, I uppercut them to hell. If they try to throw me over and over again, I simply do the cannonball when they approach me.

dreemernj

Ambassador
You can still use Cyrax against noob robo smokes. The teleport uppercut is an enormous opportunity for getting a combo and Cyrax has a lot of options in that situation. Don't just go for the uppercut.

Mr Wiggl3s said:
scream is easy as hell, i have troube only putting in 1 aaHP though
You're right. I don't why, but I always seem to miss the move when I most need it. Though it's also mainly because the only times I play Sindel are when I random to her.

DAVE101 said:
Newbie1234 said:
I'm able to pull off invisibility 99.9% of the time, but I also very often screw up on the scream. Hardest move for me by far is Kung Lao's Spin though.
I mean w/ the 360 controller. Ive always had trouble with kungs spin. That is until I started using the analog stick. Today I got 4 reps of the corner inf into the finish him.
Yes, I was fooling around with the analog today and find it much better for such moves. Still, I'm way too use to the d-pad to make the switch permanently.

I very much dislike the 360 d-pad, and I find that it forces me to play with characters that don't require much in terms of rotational moves. For example I very rarely play Ermac, because I'll miss his slam 50% of the time. Whereas guys like Robo Smoke, Reptile and Kabal which only require simple tapping moves I have no trouble pulling off their moves every time.

I've thought of picking up a new controller, but I already own 3 regular 360 controllers, and I feel like it'd be a waste of money...

DAVE101 said:
Newbie1234 said:
I'm able to pull off invisibility 99.9% of the time, but I also very often screw up on the scream. Hardest move for me by far is Kung Lao's Spin though.
I mean w/ the 360 controller. Ive always had trouble with kungs spin. That is until I started using the analog stick. Today I got 4 reps of the corner inf into the finish him.
Use hp instead it's not as easy as the spin but if you're having trouble try that alternative

Oh yeah I always use HP for the across screen inf. I think its easier because its quibker. I mean I have trouble with spin in general.