What's new

Robo Smoke

First Things first ima quote someone "anybody who get beat by a cheap ass robot smoke user should be pissed" no no no, anyone who gets beat by a robo smoke user should learn to beat them. i mean the developers made him good, and players use his strengths somebody tell me how this is cheap! it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Human and cyber smoke are my 2 best charcters. I dont see how/why cyber smoke is so overated on XBLA. People Ive played arent really good with him.

Next time ask questions like this in the character guide thread, on the very top of the list.

sorry bout that, anyways hes my best character along with human smoke and scorp, i dunno i like ppl with spears that fly out of their hands and chest. not to mention the robots have kick ass combos. i like all 3 robos but smoke is my fav

dude thanks for basically telling me to go screw myself and leave mortal kombat, its just i dont wanna play as anyone else, but so u get ur satisfaction i will

XL

Noob
I think he means that you should play as Human Smoke at all times instead of Scorpian.

There are so Robot Smoke users I can't stand to face, because I'm an extremely defensive player and they run jab me into a corner. I get frustrated because I don't know how to go on offensive without the teleport uppercut.

Then again, that's my problem. :p

Robo smoke is hard as hell if someone good uses him

The only way i get by him is with Sindel, using the scream and aaHP's

Kaiba

Noob
Mr Wiggl3s said:
Robo smoke is hard as hell if someone good uses him

The only way i get by him is with Sindel, using the scream and aaHP's
Classic Sub-Zero can beat a Robot Smoke player, when played by a very experienced Classic Sub player.
Ex.- Its easier for me to wait for a teleport punch and then block it, then aaHP, ground freeze, go into his relaunch since he's a robot.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, but what good player is going to do a telepunch if you are on the ground?

Good R Smoke player don't just use the telepunch but rather anticipate your next move then execute. Well atleast I do anyway. I could almost tell what opponent will do next when playing against my R. Smoke. I force people to move and catch them in the act. Against not so good players... I get punished because they tend to block a lot and are unpredictable.

in my opinion why most pple hate robo smoke because his combos with the tele uppercut take away alot and dont require much skill, but the downfall is that the tele uppercut is hard to execute without getting block

but pple dont see that

Cyber smoke is defintely one of my favorite characters. I love his moves. Love the spear and teleport punch. like one guy aid, spears that come out of the hand or chest are cool!

I also like the way he looks. Something about the purplsh-lavendre color cyber ninja and the smoke puffs.

And hes a very good character, especally f you know what you are dong.

XL

Noob
Again, there are two types of Robot Smoke players.

The ones who actually know his strengths and the ones that only use him because he has the easiest strong combo in the game.

I play as robot smoke and definatley one of my best chars... my fave thing for him is the massive range on his air thow... If I play bad its coz I try and abuse the tp punch and I get punished for it (sometimes can't help it :p)

You can really get some ppl upset if you pick Robot Smoke and never spear or teleport punch, unless it's comboed or caught in the air. i.e. you spear as your opponent comes down from a jump, or you aaHP to teleport punch, jk to teleport punch etc.

What's really good, is that whenever you land the spear, you go Invisible then do your dial. Then after that just stand there and block. It makes players uneasy, and mistakes get made.

Anyway, pick Kabal. Block the spear, spin dash. Launch - relaunch, relaunch, relaunch, relaunch. I got 20 hits on someone yesterday.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Invisibility really is a powerful tool, especially with a character like robo smoke that can do it 100% safely between the spear and the combo.

I'm able to pull off invisibility 99.9% of the time, but I also very often screw up on the scream. Hardest move for me by far is Kung Lao's Spin though.

Newbie1234 said:
I'm able to pull off invisibility 99.9% of the time, but I also very often screw up on the scream. Hardest move for me by far is Kung Lao's Spin though.
I mean w/ the 360 controller. Ive always had trouble with kungs spin. That is until I started using the analog stick. Today I got 4 reps of the corner inf into the finish him.