What's new

Combo List - Smoke Robo Smoke Combo Thread

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I haven't logged in since the Mk9 days because this game released during my move back to CA and I never bought a new system. A local bar always has this game playing so I took Smoke to the lab to at least learn a character.

Had to chime in on the F42 starter. F4D12 can do more damage. My BnB off the f4:

F4D12, B21, F4D1~BF1, JIP 4~DB1, NJP F34. Good for 32% with no meter. You can substitute the F4D1~spear with F21~spear. It's a lot easier for 2% less. Again, I don't even own the game so I'm not even sure that I'm playing the most recent iteration.

Icefyre

Shadows
The smoke forum has been dead for so long I feel like I'm the only one still playing him
You're not the only one still playing him, but honestly I haven't played too much since the unwarranted nerfs, so I haven't done anything but lurk. The way Tri-borg was handled just makes me sad when I start playing, so more often than not I play other games now, so I just don't have much to contribute.

Smoke probably is very nearly a dead character now, though, so you're probably not wrong in thinking there aren't many Smoke players left. It's sad - he's still by far my favorite character thematically, but I've just honestly begun gravitating towards other games. As a 20+ year MK player...yeah.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
The smoke forum has been dead for so long I feel like I'm the only one still playing him
Through the thick fog of smoke and phase towards. There lies just_2swift in the shadows labbing finding tech. I still have to upload more stuff nobody else has seen. The normal invisibility safe setup in the corner is just one of many things I have in-store for you guys. It's just after the donkey fucking of triborg by nrs and watching alien acidic cheese his way through pools and top 8(s) really made me not touch the game for a loooong time.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
With what I've found so far smoke isn't a vortex character at all but can be (player preference). I believe he is a oki os character with MB phase

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
Smoke is still a lot of fun, he dosent feel too different to me but then again I haven't taken him online. He's still a favorite of mine from back in the day.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I very rarely find myself using F43 tbh. I always use F4D1 so I can not get punished and hitconfim into a combo lol. Good combo(s) for killing somebody that wakes up unsafely I guess. Good job, Swift! :)

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I've been tinkering with 114-ex tele in the corner.

114-ex tele, jik, 114-trident, cross over jip, 4-smoke bomb, run under f13-(smoke away, smoke towards, close or far smoke bomb).

Or nix the run under and go straight to f131 and cancel to close smoke bomb to catch some wake ups, far to catch tech rolls, or phase away or toward for desired spacing. You do lose the corner this way, though.

Highly likely that this isnt optimal. Any smoke mains still around to give a hand?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I've been tinkering with 114-ex tele in the corner.

114-ex tele, jik, 114-trident, cross over jip, 4-smoke bomb, run under f13-(smoke away, smoke towards, close or far smoke bomb).

Or nix the run under and go straight to f131 and cancel to close smoke bomb to catch some wake ups, far to catch tech rolls, or phase away or toward for desired spacing. You do lose the corner this way, though.

Highly likely that this isnt optimal. Any smoke mains still around to give a hand?
Not home to test it but what's your goal with it? Damage, setup, testing strings etc?