What's new

Robin trailer breakdown

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Work in progress and I will continue to update this...I know that everything I am putting in here is subject to change

Special move list and descriptions:

Upward batarang (0:22 -0:26) - seems to track the opponent similar to smart disk for predator. Trailer shows him jumping it for a combo on his. Seems like it will be great on knockdown to maintain pressure. When meter burned, the batarang explodes 3 times launching you.

Command Run (0:27 also seen at 0:49 but he is hit by an interactable) - Not sure of the options this allows but it may not be a run at all but rather a lunging charge move like kitana has in MKX. Seems that in the trailer it is meterburned for more damage, a side switch, and a kockdown.

Ground baterang teleport (0:30)- Just like Ethereal Mileena in MKX, Robin throws a batarang on the ground and teleports to that spot. Seems like it can be held to bait moves and punish. The trailer did not show him using any meter for this but it likely has different locations you can place the batarang as well as a meterburn version. *Note that the batarang was yellow possibly indicating the type of batarang it is. This could also mean nothing since you can customize so much.

Wall Bounce (0:35) - like holding a baseball bat he swings and bounces them off the wall

Ground baterang summon (0:58) - Perhaps a different version of the above special or maybe it is even part of a string. (Predator has a string like this in MKX using his smart disk). Robin calls the batarang back and on hit launches the opponent.*Note that the batarang was black with a blue light possibly indicating the type of batarang it is. This could also mean nothing since you can customize so much.

Air spining sword (0:35) - Robin jumps in with a jump normal and then splats them on the ground with a spinning sword attack.

Divekick (0:55) - He jumps and divekicks...pretty simple. We didn't see the normal version but the MB version did extra damage and caused a knockdown. It also switched sides.

Uppercut (0:45) - SF style shoryuken that can be a launching combo starter on hit if meterburned. Robin jumps in the air during a combo but it may be a good anti air.

Grab (0:51) - We didn't see his forward throw but his back throw leaves Robin full screen away.

Super (0:58) - Totally bad ass. Starts with a single strike...nothing else is known about its properties.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Robin has Takeda's air flip. And just when you scrubs thought you'd finally be free too

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I am not a Robin fan but if none of the zoners peek my interest I think his design looks really cool. He looks like he is gonna have a lot of tricks and gimmicks.

Very curious to see if Nightwing is DLC or just an armor variation. If the roster leak is legit Robin will be the first guy/boy I pick up. Fingers crossed for Dick!!

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I just want to point out that robin forgot to grab his sword during his win pose. someones gonna swipe that shit. not smart move robin

Error

DF2+R2
He looked kind of awkward, don't know if it's because he's still an early build, but something just seemed off.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Who's your favorite Robin?
Damien by a landslide. His story is so much more intricate than the others (besides dick...I love court of owls story). I maimed NW in inj 1 and only used Damien skin.
He looked kind of awkward, don't know if it's because he's still an early build, but something just seemed off.
His face lacks animation. Seemed stale. Everything else looked perfect to me.