What's new

Robin Swoop whiffing issue

Despite the fixes Robin received he still has a few whiffing issues especially with his swoop move that leave him punishable.
Swoop mb can whiff on hit in the corner vs Batman as seen in this video
Swoop whiff on the female characters If they press any button and some male too leaving you punishable
People will tell me you just have to be careful on where you use your strings to make sure that swoop doesn't but even on block the MB part of the swoop will whiff on some characters like SC or SM who can just OS it by pressing forward for a split second after blocking it and punishing the mb.
I can already see people telling that it opens up a mind game with normal swoop vs mb swoop sadly no as shown in this video the method I gave earlier work as an OS.

Another problem Robin swoop has is that many characters can punish the mb part of the swoop and punish him with a dash followed by a d1 those who can punish it are every non hovering medium to small size characters

Robin is almost a perfect version of himself but I think those issues with swoop need to be addressed. Any Robin or anyone with more knowledge about the Robin's hitbox issues are welcome to comment here.
Thank you in advance @colt @16 Bit @Dizzy

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I feel like this is more of a female hotbox issue and less of a robin issue, as atro has a similar problem with his B23 Breath against some characters doesn't he?

Edit: Rip that cat woman can B3 punish MB swoop tho

I feel like this is more of a female hotbox issue and less of a robin issue, as atro has a similar problem with his B23 Breath against some characters doesn't he?

Edit: Rip that cat woman can B3 punish MB swoop tho
The problem is that it still have issues vs some male too like SM and SC and still whiff on giant like Hellboy and Manta

Cursa

The problem is that it still have issues vs some male too like SM and SC and still whiff on giant like Hellboy and Manta
It's a problem also considering I don't really know a use of using swoop on anything other than on block, especially in the corner.

Kind of defeats the purpose of it if it's meant to be used as a cross up tool that can just completely miss and be punished while attempting to use it for what it's meant to do

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I actually made a video of different way characters can punish swoop because my firestorm was getting tore up by it.

Firestorm isnt shown because he has to hold it or dash the cancel gap.

Last edited:

Cursa

I actually made a video of different way characters can punish swoop because my firestorm was getting tore up by it.

Firestorm isnt shown because he has t lol it or dash the cancel gap.
I cried a little, good thing no one in ranked I play knows of these lol

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Adding on to that. Holding forward for a split second will shift small-mid sized hitboxes forward enough to give the majority of the cast a free punish against swoops out of d1d2. Larger hitboxes like atrocitus can just forward-crouch and it'll have the same effect.

But hey look, it get's worse. Apparently f2d3 no longer(?) jails into swoop similar to d1d2, and you can essentially replicate the above for a free punish. Catwoman at the end is just bonkers.

Cursa

This and the gap in 212 are the only real fixes robin needs that I can think of. Maybe remove the gap in MB DB2.