What's new

Robin Speculation & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't think his F2D3 (overhead to low combo) leads to a meterless launcher. I'm pretty sure it was canceled into his Sword Dance special
I too saw meterless launcher, it was used multiple times maybe so maybe you saw him cancelinto Sword Spin one of the times but that may have just been swag or whatever

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
I too saw meterless launcher, it was used multiple times maybe so maybe you saw him cancelinto Sword Spin one of the times but that may have just been swag or whatever
I believe:
F2D3 = overhead to low
F2B2 = overhead to meterless launcher

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
How does Robin's walkspeed compare to other characters' walkspeeds, if anyone knows or has a comparison?

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
Something to take note of is the explosion hits low. Do a hardknock down, setup that explosion and instant possible htb with his overhead.
What I was thinking was that but the call back birdarang, since it goes behind the opponent and hits low.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Does he have anti-zoning tools by chance? (I am currently unable to watch because I am on moble)

My guess is that his trait (birdarang) will probably be used to get in?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Does he have anti-zoning tools by chance? (I am currently unable to watch because I am on moble)

Probably the dive kick move. Its grounded, he leaps, assumingly over the projectile, then dive kicks at varying distances. Hits overhead, can be meterburned for combo. So that's the best I can thinkg.

God Confirm

Probably the dive kick move. Its grounded, he leaps, assumingly over the projectile, then dive kicks at varying distances. Hits overhead, can be meterburned for combo. So that's the best I can thinkg.
can it be combo'd? looks like he just launches them further maybe im wrong

God Confirm

I think you can combo it toward the corner but the only true combo potential would be off the alternate divekick that puts you behind your opponent
regular divekick puts you behind your opponent, i think the alternate leaves you in front... and doesn't combo by the looks of the vid. I think its going to be used as a mixup tool to catch them if they blocking the regular way a divekick leaves you for follow up. As cool as it looks, of everything we saw I'm skeptical to how practical that one will be

Lokheit

Noob
Ar first I thought he had hardtoblockables with the trait, but activating the explosions goes with a gesture so it's not like Summoner or Takeda that could use an attack while activating the low hit.

You can use the teleport trait to go through projectiles and full combo punish the recovery. He did that on his reveal trailer against Deadshot IIRC.

God Confirm

quoting myself to say I rewatched and we definitely did not see His overhead to low be used as a meterless launcher, but it does LOOK as it though it could be combo'd off in the corner, but that of course depends on the recovery

The same overhead starter can also go into a mid however, which IS a meterless launcher if he does that string instead

so yeah, basically what this guy said :
I believe:
F2D3 = overhead to low
F2B2 = overhead to meterless launcher

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
regular divekick puts you behind your opponent, i think the alternate leaves you in front... and doesn't combo by the looks of the vid. I think its going to be used as a mixup tool to catch them if they blocking the regular way a divekick leaves you for follow up. As cool as it looks, of everything we saw I'm skeptical to how practical that one will be
If Divekick works in the air, maybe a special move mod that'll let him use it in the air, we can use it like tekada's tornado flip kick thing.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
If Divekick works in the air, maybe a special move mod that'll let him use it in the air, we can use it like tekada's tornado flip kick thing.
I think that's what the overhead spinning slice move is for (don't know the name).

This character has more than enough similarities to takeda I feel. His birdarang is what I am most interested in, as it seems to be the source of his set-ups.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I think that's what the overhead spinning slice move is for (don't know the name).

This character has more than enough similarities to takeda I feel. His birdarang is what I am most interested in, as it seems to be the source of his set-ups.
That spin slice is something I'm interested in because I couldn't tell by the stream, does it have a hit box while spinning or does it only become active on the downward slice part?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
That spin slice is something I'm interested in because I couldn't tell by the stream, does it have a hit box while spinning or does it only become active on the downward slice part?
Unfortunately it only seems to have a hitbox when he slams to the ground, just like tornado kick.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Didn't know the one that hit behind also hit low. The mix is strong with Damian Wayne. I just hope there's a way to make Damian into Dick
Don't ever say that again...This is Damien and only Damien.

I don't think he will struggle vs zoners at all. Bird rang tracks and can force your opponent to block allowing you to get in. Plus teleport and other trait options are things you have to respect.

The advantage on normal flip kick seems big and it leaves the oponent standing. If it is safe its possible it can be used like nightwing flip kick to cause crossups and grant advantage on hit. I wonder if its safe on block.

If Flash, predator and Takeda had a baby it would be Damien.

Run Cancel, standing reset, smart disk, overhead low trait mixups, teleport, long range normals, shory. I don't know if I'll ever pick a different character.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Drop Low Rang mid-combo, end with the restand so that they land on the batarang - boom, standing 50/50 between F2 and Low Rang.

E.g - D12 xx Background Bounce D2 xx Low Rang B2 xx Assassin Strike

I wonder how plus the restand is. I also wonder if you could put the Tele Rang next to the opponent and cancel into it for plus frames. This character will be fun to lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.