What's new

Robin Speculation & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Since no one else wanted to, I went ahead and took the liberty of creating a discussion thread for the new sword-wielding fighter, Robin.

I am excited for this character, as he seems really stylish from the gameplay trailers that I have seen.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The problem with making Injustice 2 character speculation threads is that, for all we know, half the specials they showed could be one of those unlockable skills, thus out of tournament mode. It makes it extra hard to tell how will they play competitively.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
He looks really fast and mobile. Looks like potential for dirty cross up mix ups, and did I see a dive kick?

I'm more of a zoner guy, and have not much interest in Robin personally. But he looks really good. I'm definitely keeping a eye on him

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
all takeda mains will main robin. need the edge in their life
Well truth be told, I initially played Takeda in MKX because I liked how he looked (as well as his attacks). He just seemed so stylish to me, that I was determined to learn him despite how bad he was (before he became better).

For me personally, I just like how Robin looks. I like the sword and acrobatics, however his playstyle looks like it will be much more different than that of Takeda's.

Before Robin was introduced, I wasn't sure who I would play as in Injustice 2 because I didn't really like any of the characters from injustice 1 (besides maybe Green Arrow).

Edit: I did not know this until now, but he appears to have Takeda's Ex Shurikens in the trailer.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Well truth be told, I initially played Takeda in MKX because I liked how he looked (as well as his attacks). He just seemed so stylish to me, that I was determined to learn him despite how bad he was (before he became better).

For me personally, I just like how Robin looks. I like the sword and acrobatics, however his playstyle looks like it will be much more different than that of Takeda's.

Before Robin was introduced, I wasn't sure who I would play as in Injustice 2 because I didn't really like any of the characters from injustice 1 (besides maybe Green Arrow).

Edit: I did not know this until now, but he appears to have Takeda's Ex Shurikens in the trailer.
It actually looks like he has Ronin's Rising Sword DP and he can meter burn it to extend the combo. If that has invincibility on wakeup, he's already a solid character.

WoodyMeteor

THAT guy
He has a Bat girl Overhead into Low starter! it was in the trailer. He looks like he has mid speed on his starters 12 frames. etc. SUPERB reach on his normals. Timing mixups. Good specials. Definitely a a character to watch out for.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
Anyone catch his trait possibly being that run of his? There's a difference between his dash and that run, so I think the run might be his trait (Takeda + Ken Masters V-Skill..?)

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
except that he mb it so that would make me think its a special. We will find out next week for sure!
Oh I see what you're talking about. Idk, I always saw that as another move possibly, especially because when later on in the video where he does it again (while hes against Aquaman) the whiff animation doesn't look like he'd be leading up into an attack.
We'll have to wait for Wednesday to find out, but you're probably right; unless both of us are right and it IS his trait but also somehow an attack, like you say it is lol

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
They might pull a SFV Ken V-Skill in which if you hold the button it gives you the run + attack, but if you just press it you only get the run. That'd be cool, if that were his trait and you could use run to extend combos I'd be REALLY happy with that trait

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Lots of side switching and setups. That birdarang will be a huge part of his game plan. The projectile will add pressure, with the low bomb and "hat trick" blue rang adding to that. The teleport rang will increase his mixup potential.

Good range but possibly sub par walkspeed as a sole weakness, that may be more than compensated for with, again, range and mobility but also that run, which closes distance fast.

Those are my initial thoughts . Sword spin looks like a possible great anti-air, so he may be solid all around, but an offensive character for sure, methinks.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
I could not be any happier with this character!
Things I love about this character:
Good fucking GOD B2 is good. Not only does it have AMAZING range, great for space control and footsies, but its also fast AND can hit confirm as it is a combo string (B21 to be exact)

OVERHEAD LOW COMBO STRING INTO METERLESS POPUP
I dont think this needs explanation...

THIS MOVE. THIS MOVE. Probably the greatest wakeup by far. Fast, not in the air too long; its like your typical DP except NOT GARBAGE ON RECOVERY. SHIT IS FAST. Also meter burn for follow up (NRS take my money now).

Tbh expected this run to be his trait, but much happier that isn't the case (and I'll get into his trait in a bit). What I love about this is that I T I S C A N C E L A B L E; Im hoping fast enough so that you can run mid combo to extend follow-ups and air juggles.

Lots of people on the Discord are mentioning how its like Ronin except more options, and I couldn't agree more. The two I'm most confident about are the teleport and the one that comes back and hits from behind. I've already though of good af mixup setups with that if it works as I'd hope it would (if it DOES work, will make a tech video about it). The teleport reminds me most of Ethereal and I hope it could have the same combo functionality/opportunities. I can see uses for the last one, the explosive, but not AS MUCH opportunity as the previously mentioned. Nevertheless, will lab all of them and I am happy with this being his trait.

Overall:
INSTANT MAIN.

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
Good fucking GOD B2 is good. Not only does it have AMAZING range, great for space control and footsies, but its also fast AND can hit confirm as it is a combo string (B21 to be exact)

THIS MOVE. THIS MOVE. Probably the greatest wakeup by far. Fast, not in the air too long; its like your typical DP except NOT GARBAGE ON RECOVERY. SHIT IS FAST. Also meter burn for follow up (NRS take my money now).

Tbh expected this run to be his trait, but much happier that isn't the case (and I'll get into his trait in a bit). What I love about this is that I T I S C A N C E L A B L E; Im hoping fast enough so that you can run mid combo to extend follow-ups and air juggles.

Lots of people on the Discord are mentioning how its like Ronin except more options, and I couldn't agree more. The two I'm most confident about are the teleport and the one that comes back and hits from behind. I've already though of good af mixup setups with that if it works as I'd hope it would (if it DOES work, will make a tech video about it). The teleport reminds me most of Ethereal and I hope it could have the same combo functionality/opportunities. I can see uses for the last one, the explosive, but not AS MUCH opportunity as the previously mentioned. Nevertheless, will lab all of them and I am happy with this being his trait.

Overall:
INSTANT MAIN.
I don't think his F2D3 (overhead to low combo) leads to a meterless launcher. I'm pretty sure it was canceled into his Sword Dance special

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin

Overall:
INSTANT MAIN.
I missed the stream but may I join the Discord?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons

Overall:
INSTANT MAIN.
Something to take note of is the explosion hits low. Do a hardknock down, setup that explosion and instant possible htb with his overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.