What's new

Robin potential corner cross up

Dark Chylde

KHAOTIC
So while labbing up Robin trying to find dirt in the corner I believe I came across a flash like corner cross up. While in the corner robin can db3(divekick) close to not cross up and meter burn to be safe/full combo or; he can regular/far dive kick for a cross up dive kick and do the same. While I was was brainiac I tried using his d2 and AA special move but both were stuck in block stub however I couldn't test all characters yet to see if this is useful. Here are videos.
This first link is doing a close dive kick and meter burned to stay safe.

Here is a link to the regular divekick crossing up and launching.

This still needs more testing to see if it actually works however I have work all day and I know others have the game a little ahead of the 16th so if you guys would like to test further please feel free.

ALSO NOTE: The cross up seems to only work with F21 following dive kick close, regular, or far.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Cool find. I've been using 212 xx bird, ji2/ ji3 for corner cross ups. Looks like:
"...212 xx bird, into ji2 (crosses up), 212 xx db2 MB, b3..." for 50% 1 bar
or
"...212 xx bird into ji3, d2 xx trait (blue), d12, 12 xx trait, 12 xx bird"

or something like that. You can do the latter without trait, but it looks cooler with it included.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Cool find. I've been using 212 xx bird, ji2/ ji3 for corner cross ups. Looks like:
or

or something like that. You can do the latter without trait, but it looks cooler with it included.
Hey ur back , and playing a character I'm playing again lol

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
or

You'd have to condition them to not expect birdrang though otherwise that'll get punished

GS_Zodiac

Really?? 212 is a special cancellable hard knock down, I thought they pretty much had to block the bird on wake up.
But then wait. How have you been setting up the meaty timing because my bird whiffs on wakeup every time. It's always just a few frames too early

GS_Zodiac

What are their options? As far as I can see while I'm testing it, an invincible wake-up is all they're able to do.

Testing vs Superman, unless he blocks (taking the mix up/ pressure) or does an unsafe wake-up, he's eating the combo.
I'm not sure what the point of the birdrang is because I've tried a lot of ways to make that meaty but it always whiffs. If that's the case you could just jump in. The only think I can think of is if you're baiting out a roll

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I'm not sure what the point of the birdrang is because I've tried a lot of ways to make that meaty but it always whiffs. If that's the case you could just jump in. The only think I can think of is if you're baiting out a roll
Birdarang should only whiff if the opponent delays their wakeup. Otherwise they have to block it.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
^this.

212 is a hard knockdown, opponents can't tech those.

GS_Zodiac

^this.

212 is a hard knockdown, opponents can't tech those.
Birdarang should only whiff if the opponent delays their wakeup. Otherwise they have to block it.
If that's the case the majority of one players are using delayed wake up. I've yet to have it work out for me. Not like it's unsafe otherwise, but I have gotten much use out of it yet