What's new

Robin General Discussion Thread

God damn I think I've finally got my timing down on the B3 after DB2MB. I keep seeing everybody else doing it no problem and I've been freaking out about not being able to consistently nail it. Feels pretty damn good, Robin's a fucking savage!!

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
God damn I think I've finally got my timing down on the B3 after DB2MB. I keep seeing everybody else doing it no problem and I've been freaking out about not being able to consistently nail it. Feels pretty damn good, Robin's a fucking savage!!
Bruh I've been hitting almost all of today and now that I've got trait in my pressure, Robin feels so similar to Takeda itd great. I just wish personality wise he wasn't a a shit lol

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Is anyone else having trouble with is air db2? I have no idea why but I keep screwing it up. I thought I had identified the problem but in live matches I keep screwing it up

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Can you explain what you mean by trait pressure?
Basically using b21 or b12 into either red trait or blue trait and then catching my opponent afterwards. So doing b21 red traits, pause and detonate it to keep them in place or knock them down. Same with blue trait accept sometimes I go b21 blue trait, d12 blue trait, more buttons. Trait makes your pressure a bit more plus/guaranteed to catch people pressing buttons or mix them up

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Basically using b21 or b12 into either red trait or blue trait and then catching my opponent afterwards. So doing b21 red traits, pause and detonate it to keep them in place or knock them down. Same with blue trait accept sometimes I go b21 blue trait, d12 blue trait, more buttons. Trait makes your pressure a bit more plus/guaranteed to catch people pressing buttons or mix them up
Those are all full combo punishable.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
d2xxDB3 and then d1,d2xxEnder seems to be best used as a meterless punish for most unsafe moves, unless you want the birdarang setup. You can also end in 1,2,3.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I honestly completely forgot the birdarang tracks. Me and a Darkseid were both low on health, I threw it out, he tried to teleport above me and still got hit.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Found out what I was doing wrong with db2 (air)... I was trying to use it like Takeda's tornado kick and I was inputting the distance input too early. Derp.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Been labbing this evening.

Found some pretty cool stuff.

Robin has a setup that works on the majority of the cast (Only ones it doesn't work on are the really fast jumpers. Batman, Superman, Deadshot etc.)

He can utilize his trait mid combo, reset them, and force them to either armor, or block. The can't press buttons, jump forward, neutral jump, jump back, back dash or forward dash or they WILL get hit.

As soon as they start respecting it, it's 50/50 town. It's pretty neat.