What's new

Robin General Discussion Thread

Hankiro

Noob
Welp, the jig is up dudes.
Sonic using Robin would be the best thing to happen to anyone using him. Watch, take notes and apply. I haven't seen him do anything I don't know of yet but just watching how he handles matchups is a lesson in itself. Welcome that shit.

Parasurama

Dragon
I am putting this out here:
I think that Robin needs a league of Shadows outfit/ninja skin. He is a guy with a sword and stars- so many premiere skins are possible.
I would prefer Shredder to be a Robin premiere skin vs Sub Zero unless they change ice to something more ninja like.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I am putting this out here:
I think that Robin needs a league of Shadows outfit/ninja skin. He is a guy with a sword and stars- so many premiere skins are possible.
I would prefer Shredder to be a Robin premiere skin vs Sub Zero unless they change ice to something more ninja like.
Why doesn't robin have a Ra's al Ghul skin is my question.

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
So how do I beat just a pure zoning green arrow, I really struggle dealing with the fire Arrow spam

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i'm not sure how to deal with robin, they just get away with doing swoops all day, canceling birdarang off of block strings and i don't know when its my turn to do anyhting when they keep doing strings into trait.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Well for starters, Robin can't do birdarang from any strings on block, it's pure gimmicks. You're going to have to react and punish that. When you block swoop, you can dash up to punish it. This will cover both MB version and regular version.

If he does 212 into blue trait, you can poke if you have a 6f d1 or you can throw. This is his ''most advantage string'' into blue trait (it's around -1, that's why you can poke if you have a 6f d1). If he reads the throw and jumps your screwed. You safest choice is to back dash and get out of therre, especially since you play Darkseid.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
But I thought 212 trait was zero on block, also I have hard time seeing the birdarang in time. Why can't people play for real instead of doing gimmicky stuff

Cursa

Tbh I find Robin/Darkseid to be pretty easy for Robin. Or maybe every Darkseid I vs just can't handle it. D2 for dealing with teleports is like siq and I find Robin's MB roll is excellent for dealing with Darkseid lasers

But yea, most strings into trait are unsafe actually. 212 is the popular one so if you got a 6 frame D1 then you can take that risk. Or you could just hold the throw mixup which is probably safer, but then he can go into stuff like red birdarang for a 50/50

Cursa

Well for starters, Robin can't do birdarang from any strings on block, it's pure gimmicks. You're going to have to react and punish that. When you block swoop, you can dash up to punish it. This will cover both MB version and regular version.

If he does 212 into blue trait, you can poke if you have a 6f d1 or you can throw. This is his ''most advantage string'' into blue trait (it's around -1, that's why you can poke if you have a 6f d1). If he reads the throw and jumps your screwed. You safest choice is to back dash and get out of therre, especially since you play Darkseid.
I'd also like to add that if you're getting hecked by Swoop it's actually a massive bill and has like 20 gaps where you can full combo punish it

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
But I thought 212 trait was zero on block, also I have hard time seeing the birdarang in time. Why can't people play for real instead of doing gimmicky stuff
I mean, people will play however they please. You have to adapt! You have quite some time to react to the birdarang on block gimmick. There's some normals, such as b2, that put Robin at a distance where we can somewhat safely throw birdarang, but it's character specific. I'm sure Darkseid has an advancing string that can punush it.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
maybe f2, but they usually like to do it up close anyways, but i can always just do df2 or db1 if its an issue, and ill have to get used to dashing towards robin when he does the swoop. also, i think i might be the only darkseid i know of to try and challenge people in the neutral with f23 :T, because im crazy like that.

Cursa

IIRC some of the trait cancels are actually super negative. Like I think D12xx4 is like -14 or something stupid