What's new

Robin Anti Wakeup Tech

Hey guys, came up with some tech last night, and it's pretty awesome.

It is not safe after high grav , long combos, such as F2D3xxDB2(mb), B3, J2, 212.

However, F2D3xxDB2(mb), B3, 212 is safe, so you basically get 2 hits after a launcher before your 212, otherwise you're at risk.

Optimal that I've found is:
1 bar: F21B2, 212xx4F(4), Punish with BnB
2 bars: 21xxDB2(mb), B3, 212xx4F(4), Punish with BnB.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Hey guys, came up with some tech last night, and it's pretty awesome.

It is not safe after high grav , long combos, such as F2D3xxDB2(mb), B3, J2, 212.

However, F2D3xxDB2(mb), B3, 212 is safe, so you basically get 2 hits after a launcher before your 212, otherwise you're at risk.

Optimal that I've found is:
1 bar: F21B2, 212xx4F(4), Punish with BnB
2 bars: 21xxDB2(mb), B3, 212xx4F(4), Punish with BnB.
This was the first way I started using the yellow trait was to blow up wake ups. It's cool because when they start respecting the teleport you get to pressure even more. Kinda unrelated but are you using red trait in the neutral yet?

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I played a really long set with another robin last night and my using the red trait in the neutral was the biggest deciding factor of those matches. Get a life lead. Throw red trait down and start zoning with birdarang. They'll start jumping the birdarangs but if you space it well you can catch the forward jumps with j3. Won the set 20-4.

There's another, more advantageous way that does not trade sides Robin has to OKI just about every wakeup in the game.

It involves high gravity 212 situations.
The easiest way to test it yourself is to do this is training.
f3 3xxdb2mb 212xxdb1
The birdarang will hit almost every wakeup after invincibility frames and allow you to block the attack (you have to block most of them) and allow for a punish depending on how much blockstun is on the WU being used.

Landing it in match would go like this
212xxdb2mb b3 j3 212xxdb1 (loses to 8 frame WU)
212xxdb2mb b3 trait 212xxdb1
grounded starter xxdb2mb b3 j3 212xxdb1
f3 3xxdb2mb 212xxdb1

If they block, you're plus. If they wakup, they lose. If they delay, you get pressure.

I'm going to post a video on this in the main thread shortly. Surprised I've not seen someone post about it yet, since Hayatei was using it at combo breaker.

I'm aware of that setup, but I feel that the yellow trait is more versatile, requires less meter to execute, and really plays into the mind games. Hit them with it once, and dropping yellow trait after 212 will guarantee that you get to continue pressure, because they're not going to want to risk a 450 damage punish.

I found a way to convert a full combo off a high gravity birdarang setup. This will stop the two most annoying wakeups in the game(IMO) without even having to use trait. I also threw in some trait punishes on a few wakeups just in case anybody hasn't already seen it.