What's new

RM Sonicfox wins Mortal Kombat 9 at NEC15!

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Been awhile since ive seen a good MK top 8! Im pleased to bring you the results from MK9 at NEC

We start off the first match with Mike Metroid and Sonicfox in winners. Johnny Cage vs Sonya. Mike gets some good damage going and takes a round. Fox fires back with an ex cartwheel. Mike Blocks. He ex cartwheels again. Mike blocks. d4 MS f1. Mike blocks. Sonicfox gets a combo and takes the game! Much of the same in the second match and Mike F3s his way to the Losers bracket

RM SONICFOX DEFEATS KN MIKEMETROID 2-0

Next we have Forever King and Cossner. King opts for Cyrax and shows off some very solid play. Cossner brought him to the brink but ultimately Reptile would Have to try his chance and victory from losers

KIT FOREVERKING DEFEATS G4S WAG COSSNER 2-0

Next we have winners finals Sonicfox vs Forever King. King hidden selects Freddy Kreuger and zones his way past Sonya fairly easily. Sonicfox Switches to Mileena and takes a game with some amazing gimmicks, but the counterpicking game would being as King switches to Kung Lao. Sonicfox is a few hype moments blocks a spin but fails to punish and that ultimately cost him the set.

KIT FOREVERKING DEFEATS RM SONICFOX 3-1

We go to the losers bracket with Noobe vs Chris G. Chris G shows off some very impressive reptile combos. Noobe AAs him consistently with the Air grab, and takes advantage of Chris Random Dashes and takes the first match. Second match and Chris has stopped the jumping. Opting to use a little better meter management Chris stays unpredictable and takes the second game. A chess and meter game on the last one, But some smart meter management again proves effective and Chris G moves on in the bracket

CHRIS G DEFEATS EMPR NOOBE 2-1

MikeMetroid vs Chris G. Cage vs Reptile. Mike taking advantage of the counterpoking game with f3. Chris is being very successful with his cross over jump punches getting a few combos, but dropping some crucial ones. Chris G gets his unpredicatable dash and takes the first game! second match begins and Mike struggles again with the crossovers, but a clutch Xray ends it and ties it up 1-1. MikeMetroid starts off strong finally getting his AAs, takes the first round with ease. Chris returns the favor and takes the second round with some smart slides, and in the third Round, Chris puts the whole game together and finally gets his combos eliminating MikeMetroid!

CHRIS G DEFEATS MIKEMETROID 2-1

We go to KN Slayer vs TetraSpirit. Slayer goes Kabal and Tetra shows us the third Reptile of the day. Slayer starts off a little slow, dropping some combos and doing some unsafe dashes and Tetra takes advantage. Slayer gets it together and they go to a third round. a few combos and a smart choice at the end to dodge the breaker slayer goes up 1-0. Slayer shows off his IAGB in the 2nd game keeping reptile at bay. Tetras pissed and nearly flawlesses Slayer in the next round. Tetra gets a full screen combo off a forceball and takes the second game. Slayer switches to Kung Lao. Slayer does some unsafe divekicks and teleports but his switch would ultimately payoff as he eliminates Tetraspirit.

KN MFSLAYER DEFEATS THE TETRASPIRIT 2-1

Slayer vs Cossner. We will see if Slayer can keep his streak going against reptile. Cossner takes the first game convincingly with some strong zoning. Slayer switches to Kung Lao. Slayer playing very smart with some 21 spins. Cossner adapts and punishes Slayer and takes the last game elmininating slayer

G4S WAG COSSNER DEFEATS KN MFSLAYER 2-0

The Hype is real. Who is the reptile of america? we are about to find out as we go into Cossner vs Chris G. So many dashes i have no idea whos who and apparantely cossner takes the first round. third round, comes down to last hit, Chris G dashes, it gets blocked, Cossner punishes with dash tkaing the first match. Chris G comes out the gate strong taking the next round convincingly. Chris G takes the next game with some great punishes and pressure. It all comes down to this last game. Ex dashes trade, Cossner takes the first round. Chris G takes advantage of Cossners dashes punishing them with a full combo. Third Round, Forceballs go unconverted by Chris but he somehow get a crossover punch and is your reptile of the world!

CHRIS G DEFEATS G4S WAG COSSNER 2-1

Losers finals, Chris G vs Sonicfox. Chris G opts for Noob Saibot. Sonicfox is all over the map with mileena. Taking advantage of Chris Gs unfamiliarity with the MU. Takes the first game. Chris G is all smiles as he rematches. Sonicfox hitting him with everything but the Kitchen sink and Chris G laughing decides hes seen enough and leaves Content with his 3rd place finish.

RM SONICFOX DEFEATS CHRIS G 3-0

Grand Finals, King vs Sonicfox. We start out with Cyrax vs Mileena. Sonicfox with some good pressure taking the first round. King is making some great reads and takes the second, but some good zoning from fox takes the first game 1-0 fox. king struggling a little bit and Sonicfox takes the second game WITH A BABY! King switches to lao, starting off strong. a teleport kick gets blocked and spun and king takes the first round. Second round much of the same, but a baited spin nets fox the second round. Much of the same and Sonicfox resets the bracket 3-0. King opts for another hidden select. Its Kabal time. Some solid gas blasts, pressure and round 1 is kings. A bad nomad dash nets Sonicfox the next round, and kabal comes back strong in the third but a bad read and fox goes up 1-0. King goes back to lao. Fox dominates again. King looking impatient, and fox goes up 2-0. King decides to try and finish it off with Sonya. Some good reads, but a random roll takes the first round. Some good combos in the second round and Sonicfox wins NEC15 with a bracket reset 6-0!

RM SONICFOX DEFEATS KIT FOREVERKING 6-0 TO WIN NEC15

Full Mortal Kombat 9 Results

1. RM Sonicfox (Mileena, Sonya)
2. KIT Foreverking (Sonya, Freddy, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Kabal)
3. Chris G (Noob, Reptile)
4. G4S WAG Cossner (Reptile)
5. MikeMetroid (Johnny Cage)
5. KN MFSlayer (Kabal, Kung Lao)
7. Emperor Noobe (Cyrax)
7. The Tetra Spirit (Reptile)

Hype tourney! Lets get hype for injustice!

Edited and promoted by Goldy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What even...
Note to self: to become good at video games, be like sonic fox and chris g and just play all of them.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Also, can we discuss something?

During Sonic vs King, PL mentioned how cyrax LOSES to mileena. When i asked why and how, that main topics were how mils d4 is too much for him, cyrax cant open his chest, and mil has more victories over cyrax in tourney.

If we are going by that logic, then Kitana beat Kabal because she has a better footsie game than him, he cant use buzzsaw, and she has more victories over him in tourney.

THIS IS NOT A BLOW UP IN ANY KIND TO PL! I just thought this was very interesting and needed to be talked about.

btw i dont think kitana beats kabal at all and i dont think mileena beats cyrax

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Three Reptiles in top 8. That's awesome. Definitely in the top ten conversation.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

During Sonic vs King, PL mentioned how cyrax LOSES to mileena. When i asked why and how, that main topics were how mils d4 is too much for him, cyrax cant open his chest, and mil has more victories over cyrax in tourney.

If we are going by that logic, then Kitana beat Kabal because she has a better footsie game than him, he cant use buzzsaw, and she has more victories over him in tourney.

THIS IS NOT A BLOW UP IN ANY KIND TO PL! I just thought this was very interesting and needed to be talked about.

I don't think anyone beats cyrax he's the best character in the game

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No disrespect to Fox, but I'm seriously scratching my head wondering how the fuck King managed to pick all those characters before Kenshi against Mileena lol. It's not like he's a rookie Kenshi either.

In all honesty there are some things that do make the Mileena matchup awkward for Cyrax, and he has to punish Telekick/Roll in a very makeshift way (and I bet when I get the chance to watch the archives I'll see a LOT of botched punishes lol). That said, I remember back at one of the MLG arena events when everybody was dedicated to MK, DJT made mince meat out of Pig's Mileena and made him switch to Kenshi (who he eventually won the set with), so it's probably rust if anything. But in the hands of a Cyrax main who's not out of practice, yeah, Cyrax should win that matchup.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't think anyone beats cyrax he's the best character in the game
You know, I made that argument once. Basically, I asked that, besides Kenshi and Kabal being in the game, what stopped Cyrax from being the best character in the game?

I was told that Cyrax loses to rush down characters and zoning characters. Which roughly translates to any character that can do something.

coolwhip

Noob
In all honesty there are some things that do make the Mileena matchup awkward for Cyrax, and he has to punish Telekick/Roll in a very makeshift way (and I bet when I get the chance to watch the archives I'll see a LOT of botched punishes lol). That said, I remember back at one of the MLG arena events when everybody was dedicated to MK, DJT made mince meat out of Pig's Mileena and made him switch to Kenshi (who he eventually won the set with), so it's probably rust if anything. But in the hands of a Cyrax main who's not out of practice, yeah, Cyrax should win that matchup.
Yeah that was MLG Arena, in Summer of 2012. Pig was down 2-0 then switched to Kenshi and won three straight.

As far as Cyrax's punish on Mileena it should be standing 1~ex bomb, for about 42% every time. Not too shabby.

Last edited: