What's new

Ripper Corner Corpse-Hop

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Not sure if this has already been covered or if it's not viable because of some exploit, but Kano can corpse hop with a short hop after f4,3 in the corner and it seems like he has some interesting options out of it. Couldn't find anyone else posting about it so maybe it's something not many folks know about or maybe it's something that isn't too useful and everyone realized wasn't useful already. In any case, here it is.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
@jcbowie can you still do this? I tried practicing this recently and while I could sit hop over, I couldn't do any of the kanoball stuff. The wake-up u2/u3 would always go to the correct side and hit me out

Last edited:

jcbowie

@jcbowie can you still do this? I tried practicing this recently and while I could sit hop over, I couldn't do any of the kanoball stuff. The wake-up u2/u3 would always go to the correct side and hit me out
Haven't played in awhile so I couldn't tell you unfortunately. Timing is pretty precise, can be finicky depending on the wakeup, but you should be able to beat out u2's just like any other wakeup button and keep them cornered every time if you're getting the timing right. Getting an actual punish on u3's is practically impossible to do consistently unfortunately.

Hopefully they haven't actively removed tech from the game though, that would be lame.

jcbowie

that's cool. I wonder who else can do that with splat knockdowns.
Yeah lol, I thought it was neat but I'm guessing it's something to do with the unusual switch in orientation of the character model during the second hit of f4,3, they swing around so the head faces away. I assume that's why it doesn't seem to work for just the f4 by itself in Kano's other variations even though both moves have the same hit advantage.

I haven't looked for it in other characters but I can't think of any other hit animation that does this particular thing so I think it might be unique. For better or for worse.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Haven't played in awhile so I couldn't tell you unfortunately. Timing is pretty precise, can be finicky depending on the wakeup, but you should be able to beat out u2's just like any other wakeup button and keep them cornered every time if you're getting the timing right. Getting an actual punish on u3's is practically impossible to do consistently unfortunately.

Hopefully they haven't actively removed tech from the game though, that would be lame.
I hope not, it was pretty cool. I'll have to try it again. It could just be I hadn't quite found the timing yet.

jcbowie

I hope not, it was pretty cool. I'll have to try it again. It could just be I hadn't quite found the timing yet.
I tested it today, it still works, just a strict timing. It's for sure tough, and I dunno how valuable this even is, but if you're against someone who operates really wakeup-heavy then this is still a good idea in the corner.

RM_Jago

Noob
Thanks for this gonna lab it out and test who else this setup works on, my brother is a Kano main and gets frustrated when he can’t lock his opponents down this may cheer him up.