What's new

Rick and Morty Discussion

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Just like the title says. Basically ask a question get an answer, funniest moments, a little WTF (or a lot), predictions for next season, etc.... Whatever you want.

I will start with my 1st question : Can someone tell me why and how is Rick buried in the backyard with his portal gun in s3e1 premiere "The Rickshank Redemption" while in the very episode before that , s2e10 finale "The Wedding Squanchers" he turned himself into the Galactic Federation????

This is probably the only part of the entire series i can't put 2 and 2 together and figure out an answer.

Anyone?

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Iirc, that’s the corpse of the Rick that exploded (and was replaced) after ‘our’ Rick Cronenberg’d ‘our’ original world. Guessing he was buried with the teleport gun for some reason...

Single quotes around ‘our’ above as there’s no guarantee the world he Cronenberg’d is actually this Rick’s original world.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Iirc, that’s the corpse of the Rick that exploded (and was replaced) after ‘our’ Rick Cronenberg’d ‘our’ original world. Guessing he was buried with the teleport gun for some reason...

Single quotes around ‘our’ above as there’s no guarantee the world he Cronenberg’d is actually this Rick’s original world.
It was C-317 and Rick and Morty both left to go to a different reality so that's the scenario i thought but the logic behind it would say no. Then they returned to Cronenberg'd C-317 so Morty could show Summer what happened. When did Rick explode and get replaced??

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
It was C-317 and Rick and Morty both left to go to a different reality so that's the scenario i thought but the logic behind it would say no. Then they returned to Cronenberg'd C-317 so Morty could show Summer what happened. When did Rick explode and get replaced??
At the end of s01e06, they move from c137 to a world where the resident Rick solved the Cronenberg problem, but then promptly died. C137 R&M then bury the former occupants of the new dimension in the back yard (whom Morty then exhumes in s03e01).

Then yes, Morty takes Summer to c137 to show her Rick’s handywork, Jerry smashes the teleport gun and the citadel of Rick’s show up.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
At the end of s01e06, they move from c137 to a world where the resident Rick solved the Cronenberg problem, but then promptly died. C137 R&M then bury the former occupants of the new dimension in the back yard (whom Morty then exhumes in s03e01).

Then yes, Morty takes Summer to c137 to show her Rick’s handywork, Jerry smashes the teleport gun and the citadel of Rick’s show up.
Nooooow it makes sense. I knew there was something I was missing.... Including the numbers in the correct order lol

So what about when they had to move to another reality when Morty was eavesdropping on the squirrels in s3e8 "Morty's Mindblowers"?? I'm confused which reality they're in since it obviously the past but they just have clips and never tell you which Earth it was. Thoughts?

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Nooooow it makes sense. I knew there was something I was missing.... Including the numbers in the correct order lol

So what about when they had to move to another reality when Morty was eavesdropping on the squirrels in s3e8 "Morty's Mindblowers"?? I'm confused which reality they're in since it obviously the past but they just have clips and never tell you which Earth it was. Thoughts?
Yeah that is a big moment that didn’t get much attention. We’ve got no reasoning to suspect it didn’t happen (the squirrel rehoming) but we only know it would have happened at some point after s01e06 (Because Rick says something like “I told you we can only do this a few more times”) and before morty’s mindblowers. It might have happened shortly after s01e06, but no one knows afaik. I could be wrong, but I don’t think we know the code designation for either of the new universes.

Also Morty has no recollection of this second move, as Rick took the memory... presumably because Morty was devastated by abandoning another version of his Family.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yeah that is a big moment that didn’t get much attention. We’ve got no reasoning to suspect it didn’t happen (the squirrel rehoming) but we only know it would have happened at some point after s01e06 (Because Rick says something like “I told you we can only do this a few more times”) and before morty’s mindblowers. It might have happened shortly after s01e06, but no one knows afaik. I could be wrong, but I don’t think we know the code designation for either of the new universes.

Also Morty has no recollection of this second move, as Rick took the memory... presumably because Morty was devastated by abandoning another version of his Family.
I'm curious if they're going to deeper into the clips from that episode, i mean it only makes sense since they konda set themselves up with a bunch of source material for unwritten episodes, just like how some of my friends and I were wondering about the baby Khutulu they have in the ship on the opening theatric and big mamma Khutulu chasing after them. I'm betting they can get a few episodes just from those things alone, plus Alien Invasion Tomato Monster Mexican Armada Brothers Who Are Just Regular Brothers Running In A Van From An Asteroid And All Sorts Of Things The Movie