What's new

RG|RM SonicFox Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round XVII!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Goodness! At Final Round XVII you would have thought we went back in time to Mortal Kombat 9's prime as top players from all over the country were in attendance. REO, Pig of the Hut, 16 Bit, Wafflez, FOREVER KING, Sonix Fox, Gross and many others were in attendance to make some noise and spill some blood.

I would have to say the best part of watching today's finals was the fact that everyone who showed up, put up like that didn't miss a beat. All players were on point and made us realize how much we miss some solid Mortal Kombat 9 action! With this being said and without further ado, listed below are the Top 8 match results for Final Round XVII!

Mortal Kombat 9 Top 8 Matches Results:
  • KIT FOREVER KING (Kung Lao) vs GGA Wafflez (Smoke) 1-2
  • EMPR Noobe (Cyrax) vs KN|BPK|VSM|OBS REO (Kabal) 1-2
  • GGA 16 Bit (Kitana) vs RG SonixFox (Mileena) 0-2
  • KH Royale (Cyrax) vs AK|RM GamerBlake (Sonya) 1-2
  • KIT FOREVER KING (Kung Lao) vs KN|BPK|VSM|OBS REO (Kabal) 0-2
  • GGA 16 Bit (Kitana) vs AK|RM GamerBlake (Sonya) 2-1
  • KN|BPK|VSM|OBS REO (Kabal) vs GGA 16 Bit (Kitana) 0-2
  • RG SonixFox (Mileena) vs GGA Wafflez (Smoke) 3-1
  • GGA 16 Bit (Kitana) vs GGA Wafflez (Smoke) 1-3
Grand Finals:

frgfmk.jpg
  • RG SonicFox (Mileena/Sonya) vs GGA Wafflez (Smoke) 1-3
  • RESET: RG|RM SonicFox (Mileena/Sonya) vs GGA Wafflez (Smoke)3-2
Congratulations to RG|RM SonixFox for taking Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round XVII!

Attachments

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
GF's commentary was so damn whack. Super whack.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say "Why the fuck did Tommy go for the xray".

But overall, hype tourney. Good shit to reo and bit. Congrats Sonic.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

GF commentary was so damn whack.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say "why the fuck did tommy go for the xray".

But overall, hype tourney. Good shit to reo and bit. Congrats Sonic.
Indeed. It would have been really hype of he won via the X-ray, however.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
@xKhaoTik Man that commentary was horrendous. I mean, I get that people have teams, but you can't be in Grand Finals on stream at a major begging out loud for 1 of the players to lose.

But congrats Sonic for proving everyone wrong anyway, keeping a cool head and making it to the win.

I've always liked Fox and I'm always happy to see someone so young beat the odds and do well :)

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
I also have to say, that banning people from the chat [even though I don't agree with a thing the banned chatters ever say] kind of takes away from the fun of the streamchat...

Also props to Sonic Fox and Waffles... Grand finals was awesome!

Reactions: Jim

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Was it streamed? I tried to watch, but it was down so I left
I don't want to miss half of pools because of things like that :(

I think the yolo rating of Sonic is a bit high (at least in MK) - his Mileena was on point. Waffles anti-airs were as on point as well - my god.

I think Sonic vs 16bit was the highlight for me though - I love both those characters and it is a great matchup to watch.