What's new

Reworking Kano

kinger

Noob
Interesting thought, I do think it would be cool maybe even overpowered but I'm a Kano main so I would not mind. What would you do for ripper now that he has a open spot? Give him the no jumping special?

kantboy-2

Ripper
This is what I've said since day 1; Manhandled strings should be available to all variations.

The only thing missing from his move arsenal are his forward moving blockable grab (choke) and his air grab. They could add those moves when KP2 arrives and they add the inevitable 4th variation.

Give Ripper 'Bio-Trap'. Tinker the move so you can blow up the trap for damage at the cost of defensive/offensive meter so it's not overpowered.

4th variation; Bio-Pull, Choke, Air Grab

kinger

Noob
I would really like it if d3 would be 11 or 12 frame hit advantage with a better hit anamation so you could jail 11 or 24 22. Nice that we have b1 now but doesn't have the damage. I know d1 can do this but gl getting it to work. Anyway d3 is 9f and doesn't have much use as of right now.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
In your opinion, how good is Ripper now that f+1 hits mid?
Here's my Ripper matchup chart:

I'd put him in A tier for sure (high-mid to mid'ish).

1. F1xxKnife jails on many characters, F12 jails on other characters, F1 is + on block, F12B2 is + on block, AND he still has his insane mix game as Ripper that he could abuse once they start to respect F1.
  2. Even if F1 touches the opponent on block randomly, they are already in an intense mixup situation.
  3. His oki got EVEN BETTER too, and it was already really good.
  4. He never has to take a risk with D1xxKanoBall ever again.
I'm super happy with him atm.

For me personally, if they never touched Kano again after this last patch, I'd be more than satisfied.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Only thing I don't like is that F12 works differently depending on who your opponent is. Some can duck the spit, some can't, and it even whiffs on some whether they block or not. Imo, no one should be able to duck it but the last hit of the string should be flawless blockable.

DeftMonk

Noob
Here's my Ripper matchup chart:

I'd put him in A tier for sure (high-mid to mid'ish).

1. F1xxKnife jails on many characters, F12 jails on other characters, F1 is + on block, F12B2 is + on block, AND he still has his insane mix game as Ripper that he could abuse once they start to respect F1.
  2. Even if F1 touches the opponent on block randomly, they are already in an intense mixup situation.
  3. His oki got EVEN BETTER too, and it was already really good.
  4. He never has to take a risk with D1xxKanoBall ever again.
I'm super happy with him atm.

For me personally, if they never touched Kano again after this last patch, I'd be more than satisfied.
F12 (the 2 part) jails? Seems like hitbox is ten feet high...I just assumed everyone could release block and tee off on u. I just know as cage if I crouch block the f1 the 2 comes out it means free combo, I assumed the same is true for others.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
F12 (the 2 part) jails? Seems like hitbox is ten feet high...I just assumed everyone could release block and tee off on u.
It doesn't jail on everyone. Some can duck it, on Johnny and some females even whiffs if they block or not. You can check Mustard's video. He has a list of every character who must block it and who can duck it. For those who can duck it they have to either stand or crouch block the F1 part. Don't know which one it is. It's a weird tech and it doesn't make sense.

DeftMonk

Noob
It doesn't jail on everyone. Some can duck it, on Johnny and some females even whiffs if they block or not. You can check Mustard's video. He has a list of every character who must block it and who can duck it. For those who can duck it they have to either stand or crouch block the F1 part. Don't know which one it is. It's a weird tech and it doesn't make sense.
Ya theres a bunch of booboo like that in this game. If u stand block f3 then crouch 44 with erron vs johnny the last hit whiffs and he can just b2 you. Sucks butt.