What's new

Revision gameplay differences

What I'm trying to ask about is, is there a site or could someone explain to me the gameplay differences between all the different revisions of the MK arcade games? I'm just curious

Dunno about a site... but revision 1.2 and 1.3 (1.3 is standard online) I think the only difference is some slight damage in combos... dont quote me though hehe.

the dave´s webpage link said:
Hacked Revisions

Zeus Hack Edition:

Noob Saibot and Smoke are playable in all game modes

On the character select screen Stryker and Shang Tsung are replaced with Human Smoke and Noob Saibot
The battle plan is much more complicated. More endurance matches, battles against Human Smoke and Noob Saibot are included
Jesus, where can i find something like this? i would love to play umk3 with all that shit ^_^...

i never heard about any "original" umk3 arcade... is there a originalo arcade? or just de mk3 cabinnet and inside a umk3 motherboard...?

dave´s webpage link said:
Trivia

This game runs on the Midway Wolf Unit hardware.
If you look closely at Rain's name during demonstration you'll see it uses different font than all other fighters.
I dind´t know it xD

dave´s webpage link said:
Jade, Kitana, Milenna, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Classic Sub, Rain, Noob Saibot, Human Smoke are all added.
Hell, The Desert, The Cavern, The Waterfront stages added.
Computer intelligence increased.
4 Player 2 on 2 Mode and 8 Player Tournament Mode Added.
Jump in Combo starters added.
Can uppercut through Scorpion's Lair to The Cavern.
Bank stage removed.
2nd Master Added.
Endurance Rounds Added in Master and 2nd Master.
Pit Fatal in Hell added (and all its accompanying secrets).
Classic Sub-Zero's Fats added.
in the first goodie when they say "Rain, Noob Saibot, Human Smoke are all added. " what they try to meant is that appear in the game, right? cus if i remember that in umk3 rain is not a selectable fighter and eighter noob saibot ...so, any answer of this?, thanks:D

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah Rain and Noob can't be selected. Rain is only in the attract mode. And Noob wasn't actually added. They just changed him to use Ninja sprites instead of using Kano sprites like in MK3. I believe he even does all the same combos in MK3 and UMK3.

The website I linked you to is called MKsecrets.net. It has a LOT of info about all of the games. It's pretty usefull actually. Too bad not all of it is 100% accurate. Still a lot of good info though.

I know ded_ has this hack uploaded: http://mk.ediko.net/umk3/umk3.zip

dreemernj said:
Yeah Rain and Noob can't be selected. Rain is only in the attract mode. And Noob wasn't actually added. They just changed him to use Ninja sprites instead of using Kano sprites like in MK3. I believe he even does all the same combos in MK3 and UMK3.
well i know this but i was thinking about that this was a mistake i mean when they said that those fighers was added... no big deal so... i guess there are a umk3 revision (i don´t remember the revision) where if you choose Kano and press (i guess D+HP,LP) kano morph into noob saibot (like you do with Rsmoke into Hsmoke) please talk about this, just to know it:)

Dave: Thanks for the webpage:p when i wrotte "dave´s webpage link" was because the explorer on that pc ( i was in a customer´s pc) and when i was fixing and waiting for download some shits i was reading the forum but having some problems... you know, well, sorry for wrote that :p and thanks for the webpage:)