What's new

Review on Blazeblue Cross Tag Battle

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently..by our very own @Evil Canadian aka Rooflemonger on YouTube! He breaks down the games mechanices, game features, and most importantly, how online plays!

Uncle JBeezY wanted to spotlight Mr. Canadian because I looked at the video and his review is a pretty top tier review! Plus, we as a community should support each other. With that said, I really appreciate this stellar review and just might check this game out! So if you are curious about getting this game, show some love y'all and check out the review!

Righteous ;)

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
9/10 tho huh? You really believe its that game?
Everything about it is pretty damn good. My only worry is this game will be way too savage for me in the end. I've already seen hints of whats possible and it makes the most savage and aggressive bardock/kid buu/cell shit look like childs play.

Its a solid ass game though to be sure, but it really needs to be 2/3 format cause games go by way too quick.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Everything about it is pretty damn good. My only worry is this game will be way too savage for me in the end. I've already seen hints of whats possible and it makes the most savage and aggressive bardock/kid buu/cell shit look like childs play.

Its a solid ass game though to be sure, but it really needs to be 2/3 format cause games go by way too quick.
It does seem like 2 combos in and you're dead. lol I mean, it does look very nice but with the most anticipated titles coming out this year, Smash Bros and Soul Calibur, is this game worth the buy with all the rough bad press about the DLC?

Probably going to pick this up tonight. My only immediate reservation is for whatever reason it looks like a MUGEN game.

Im spoiled by GG Xrd and DBFZ

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
unfortunately this game is a relic of the past in many ways.

The current FGC philosophy of the devs is to simplify the play inputs. Injustice has so few buttons, DBZ is one of the easiest to play game around. This simplification of inputs has allowed the "games" themselves to be more complex as less brain power is locked into input issues. DBZ might be shockingly simple to pick up and do mega awesome looking stuff... but playing "well" is a different matter. For example I suspect that the "run" button in MKx was a huge problem for the general popularitty of that game. Now more than ever people are just looking to pick it up and play easily, and focus on HOW they play.. not HOW TO play.

BlueBlaze is execution heavy. Making the most technical SFV character looks like it was designed to be played by a 4 year old born with one hand. Even NRS games with their long combo string are falling out of favour... but BB is crazy complex at the input level and with all the stuff you can "do" in it... then on top that complexity leads to crazy hard gameplay.

BB is now and will be for the foreseeable future and niche game that only a few people will get onto. This is the definition of a game many people will buy but will sit nearly unplayed in the longrun.

unfortunately this game is a relic of the past in many ways.

The current FGC philosophy of the devs is to simplify the play inputs. Injustice has so few buttons, DBZ is one of the easiest to play game around. This simplification of inputs has allowed the "games" themselves to be more complex as less brain power is locked into input issues. DBZ might be shockingly simple to pick up and do mega awesome looking stuff... but playing "well" is a different matter. For example I suspect that the "run" button in MKx was a huge problem for the general popularitty of that game. Now more than ever people are just looking to pick it up and play easily, and focus on HOW they play.. not HOW TO play.

BlueBlaze is execution heavy. Making the most technical SFV character looks like it was designed to be played by a 4 year old born with one hand. Even NRS games with their long combo string are falling out of favour... but BB is crazy complex at the input level and with all the stuff you can "do" in it... then on top that complexity leads to crazy hard gameplay.

BB is now and will be for the foreseeable future and niche game that only a few people will get onto. This is the definition of a game many people will buy but will sit nearly unplayed in the longrun.
Im not sure how easy this is compared to BB having never played it, but definitely does not feel like a high execution game.

Maybe I just haven't gotten into the hard stuff yet, but it feels pretty close to DBFZ, with the only more difficult detail I noticed is there's no trigger shortcut to get instant air dashes so I cant do them consistently

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Im not sure how easy this is compared to BB having never played it, but definitely does not feel like a high execution game.

Maybe I just haven't gotten into the hard stuff yet, but it feels pretty close to DBFZ, with the only more difficult detail I noticed is there's no trigger shortcut to get instant air dashes so I cant do them consistently
Been playing this in Steam for 2 days.

This game is way easy than the previous installments. It's much like DBFZ in a sense. They simplified the controls, and got rid of the DP, full circle, double 236 and 214, and such. Even a scrub could do one or two half HP combos, if he was smart to do them.

To help you out with the comparison, play the previous installment (Blazblue Centralfiction), which has everything like GGXrd.

It has only A, B, C, D and P (Partner) buttons, which the first two are autocombos, while the C is like the autocombo super. P is the assist, and D is the partner switch.

It's true that you can't do IAD, but with a good training you can do it consistently.

Game is quite easy, and you can do easy timings to do many combos you feel like being creative.

Have been messing around with my waifu, Makoto, and Yosuke, and I like those two.

If only Taokaka (my other waifu) would be there. :'(

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
This game is way easy than the previous installments. It's much like DBFZ in a sense. They simplified the controls, and got rid of the DP, full circle, double 236 and 214, and such. Even a scrub could do one or two half HP combos, if he was smart to do them.
wow.. that surprises me.. not that a fighting game has simplified controls.. that is how it is for all games right now.. but that BB has it, is a bit of a shock. I mean this was a game that made its name on its complexity... so I am not sure how the BB fanbase will take that.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
so did
wow.. that surprises me.. not that a fighting game has simplified controls.. that is how it is for all games right now.. but that BB has it, is a bit of a shock. I mean this was a game that made its name on its complexity... so I am not sure how the BB fanbase will take that.
so did you write that diatribe earlier without actually playing the game?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter

L1 in the air is air dash shortcut button.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I was really going back and forth on on whether or not to get it while preordering was going on. There were people playing the beta but I didn't feel like I was finding enough of the right info on it to feel like I was informed enough to go for it.

There is so much going on right now, that I have a hard time seeing people playing this for long. I still feel like I want it, but I think that is more because I buy everything in the genera than because I believe I will actually put the time into it. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't keep up with all these games.

I do like that it was on PC right away. Most of the other Anime games have trickled in months after their console counterparts.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
A @Evil Canadian aka Rooflemonger

How was it that i was watching these videos, subbed and been enjoying the content since MVC:I days without putting 2 and 2 together :Thinking_man_Emoji:

Overall the game looks like it could be fun but just knowing about all the coming DLC and stuff kind of bars me from getting it. Also i don't really feel like learning a new game that my friends aren't going to play with me IRL.

DeftMonk

Noob
Probably going to pick this up tonight. My only immediate reservation is for whatever reason it looks like a MUGEN game.

Im spoiled by GG Xrd and DBFZ
Did they still not update bb to unreal engine like gg? if not them in def gonna pass...I love bb but I am not gonna fork out 60 bucks for a game that looks like it came out for sega cd.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Did they still not update bb to unreal engine like gg? if not them in def gonna pass...I love bb but I am not gonna fork out 60 bucks for a game that looks like it came out for sega cd.
No, and there were people saying you can clearly tell the difference between sprite resolutions with characters made for the game looking cleaner than the stuff ripped from older games.

I've got no problem with true 2D and love love love hand drawn anime, but GG definitely changed my belief that the look couldn't be reproduced in 3D. As I understand it, it's a crap ton of work though, and probably would have majorly impacted the production time and cost.