What's new

Tech Reversing wake ups in the corner

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I didnt see anything on this so I thought to share something nice that just happened. Was looking around for cross up set ups and I found a weird thing with GL's 223 string confusing wake up recognition. After seeing this I believe its something that every character can do in the corner at least, but its just easiest with GL because of his dash. When ending anything in 223 in the corner if you dash as soon as their character model hits the ground you will dash into the middle of the opponents character model then recover from the dash as they stand. Because of the recoil on GL's dash he is read as crossing over while they are waking up, making them wake up facing the corner. The recoil on GL's wake up however leaves him safely on the same side. This is will reverse your opponents wake up options, while also keeping you safe from wake ups if they just guess that you might be trying to cross up because of the dash on knockdown. When I tested this I used two wake ups that have pretty nice hitboxes and speed on wake up, cat dash/corpse charge. Both of these went straight into the corner, but still hit because their hit boxes stretch behind the character as soon as its active(against cat dash you can get a frame where you recoil enough for it to just whiff into the corner, or you can be a little off and its wind up will still hit you). Luckily that isnt a problem because you can just immediately hold back after dashing to block anything and prep a normal to punish or what ever you'd like. This string is safe so its fine to throw out whenever in the corner and it gives a hard knock down so this situation cannot be tech rolled. I say I think any character can do this because everyones dash to my knowledge has a little recoil animation in it and thats whats causing the confusion with the character locations.

Also I dont have any recoding equipment, so if someone could make a video example that'd be greeeeeat.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Nice find, this is actually better than b13 dash since a lot of combos end in 223 giving Green Lantern a monster corner game (which he already has).

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Here's the video, like I said, this is better than b13 because you can end corner combos with 223 as shown on the video, here's an example of how this would reverse Sinestros Arachnid Sting to his boulder wake up instead because of the reverse inputs.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Here's the video, like I said, this is better than b13 because you can end corner combos with 223 as shown on the video, here's an example of how this would reverse Sinestros Arachnid Sting to his boulder wake up instead because of the reverse inputs.

Oh shit a video, nice man. I fucked my hands up a couple weeks ago, but they're fine now. Ill be at the next friday session getting ready for runbacks

Since this thread already existed I'm just going to post my additions and close the one I made.

These wake-ups Lantern has to block after the dash before punishing:

Cyborg's Power Fist
Wonder Woman's Amazonian Uppercut
Shazam's Torpedo
Batgirl's Flying Bat and Smoke Bomb
Lex's Corp Charge
Deathstroke's Sword Flip and Sword Spin
Doomsday's Supernova
Sinestro's Arachnid Sting
Black Adam's Lightning Cage

And these wake-ups Lantern has to block in reverse before punishing (dash then hold forward)
Hawkgirl's Mace Charge
Scorpion's Teleport Punch