What's new

Reveal Schedule (Theory)

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Hey everyone! First thread ^^

So, I was thinking, if we have ~9 weeks left before the Beta is released, and there's 18 characters left to reveal, it feels like a safe bet we'll get at least 1 character reveal per week, if not two (if NRS is going to release the full roster by the time the Beta releases).

Thoughts? Do you think they'll release more on an infrequent schedule instead?

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I don't think we'll see every character in the beta.
Definitely a possibility they won't release the full roster by then. However, don't they risk the game being data-mined and the full roster being leaked that way?

I'm not super versed on data mining and how it works, so apologies if that's a non-issue. :)

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Ah, okay, gotcha. Well, slightly bummed by the notion of a more infrequent reveal schedule being the more likely scenario...but my hype for the game remains lol

They dont have a lot of time to reveal the full roster before release. If we assume we will be getting a Kombat Kast every week on Wednesday. We will be getting a total of 12 Kombat Kasts before the game releases. That means the last Kombat Kast will be on April 17. Just a week before release.

If they only reveal 1 character in each of the Kombat Kasts, that means a total of 12 characters revealed before launch. So we will still be missing 6/7 characters. Its possible they want to save some surprises for the actual release but since they have never done this before, i am guessing we will be getting 2 reveals in some of the Kombat Kasts.

Characters will be reavealed weekly for the first period then biweekly/ 2 per kast

For the beta they will include at most 8 characters and for sure there ia no way the roster will be completed by that time ..

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
All I hope for is that they abandon the slow drizzle reveal style they've used in the past. I never liked it before, and now, with such a short time before release, I find my tolerance for it to be nonexistent.

SenSx

Noob
Or kombat kast every two weeks but with 2 character reveal.
And even then, it's not enough to introduce everyone.
So Keep in mind they might give some pro sites exclusivities, like what happened with Kung Lao and Reptile announced by IGN.

I really hope they'll have a steady pace for the reveals, and not something super slow like 1 character every two weeks, and then all the remaining ones altogether before launch.

Last edited:

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Hopefully so. I remember Injustice 2's beta only had 4-5 characters. But to be fair that was 5 months away from it's release. The MK11 beta is what... 3-4 weeks from release?

So I think the chances if at least half the roster being in the BETA is reasonable.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
From a marketing standpoint, the game coming out so soon and the amount of characters left unannounced is a good thing because they could in theory reveal a new character to us every week from now on.

Creating hype by revealing characters in a fighting game is an amazing way to get people excited for the game. More importantly, it keeps the game fresh in everyone's mind every week before it's release.

If I was on their marketing team, I'd push for a character reveal every week, but that might just be my insane NEED FOR THIS GAME TALKING lol.

Either way, it looks like there is a good possibility that we will be seeing new characters at a much steadier pace than we are accustomed too. Which is nice, because I'm sort of fiending for more information and footage.

Last edited:

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I believe they'll keep the Kombat Kasts between two weeks each. It builds hype and it doesn't get too much of 'in your face'.

If they go like this we'll have about 6 Kombat Kasts.

It'd be amazing if they do it each week, but I wouldn't go saying "they have to do it weekly!" because they never confirmed that IIRC, so don't get your expectations high just yet.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I wouldn't be surprised if we at least get another tease for another character this Kombat Kast.

It might be too that they will give the oppurtunity for other outlets like IGN to reveal other characters and the Kombat Kast will only reveal some of the characters on stream.

Last edited:

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Wait, didnt they do a weekly reveal of two characters at a time for Injustice 1?
That was Injustice 2. They revealed gameplay for two characters like Cheetah and Swamp Thing or Poison Ivy and Deadshot in one stream.
The first Injustice actually had a really cool way of revealing some characters: they had a tournament bracket where you could vote on which character you wanted to win and it would show gameplay to reveal who won. Batman won the whole thing, of course, and it was how they revealed characters like Shazam, Hawkgirl, and Sinestro.

SubZeroIce

Runway
A Kombat Kast peer week might be exhausting for them though.
It's work. Exhausting or not, it's not like they're not getting paid and the point of them is to get more sales for the game so showing off a lot about the game is the new wave.

I been saying this but the overall "mysterious" thing about MK is cool and all, but it's not the current trend. With the way everything has changed from music to TV to movies, things happen A LOT quicker. I thought with MK11 being announced in December and only given 4-5 months of promo, they'd up the ante but it seems like they're not. I'm sure it'll pick up once January is over but I hope we get 2-3 reveals per Kombat kast. I do wanna see a gameplay trailer for every character but that's practically impossible now